Lost Projects: Godzilla vs. Godzilla[1994)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Lost Projects: Godzilla vs. Godzilla[1994)

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... _1994.html

What a timeline to have been in. We would have not only got a cool Godzilla vs the Gryphon film in 94 surpassing Godzilla 98 but we were near a potential Godzilla vs Godzilla crossover film.

Toho it's not to late to do this now.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Lost Projects: Godzilla vs. Godzilla[1994)

Post by Gigantis »

As cool as it sounds for Legendary's and Toho's new Godzilla for the WOG to happen..It says in the article that a true GvG match can't happen so it's seems kinda out the window already. Also what on Earth would the plot be like? Monarch would almost certainly find out there's another Godzilla on the loose or LPG would have found it for them.

Back to this though,i was never really a fan of the scrapped Godzilla 94 film because Godzilla looked absolutely ridicoulus and the plot wasn't really the best (plus it also kinda stems from bias because we would never get Zilla and i love him). So if i watched this movie i would have just been begging for Toho G to just snap his neck and be done with it,because that's how little me rolled. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tyrantgoji wrote:As cool as it sounds for Legendary's and Toho's new Godzilla for the WOG to happen..It says in the article that a true GvG match can't happen so it's seems kinda out the window already. Also what on Earth would the plot be like? Monarch would almost certainly find out there's another Godzilla on the loose or LPG would have found it for them.
At that time Toho had a rule. I think especially now considering the build up to the ps4 game they might have laxed up on the rule.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Ever since the Millennium series, I had the idea of a "Godzilla Multiverse" story that combines the different Godzillas from different timelines and mediums into one story, and with all the new versions that have come out since, I've expanded on that idea.

Imagine the Showa Hero Godzilla, Godzilla Jr now grown up from the Heisei era, GINO-Zilla, Godzilla 2000, Godzilla from GXMegaguirus, GMK-Godzilla, Kiryu (which has the soul of the 54 Godzilla), Final Wars Godzilla, MV-US-Godzilla, Shin-Godzilla, Hanna Barbera Godzilla, Marvel Comics Godzilla, Godzilla Earth, and whatever other version you can think of all thrown together in one cross dimensional story (The Dimension Tide could be used as the basis to make this happen).

It would be utter madness for sure. You have the Showa and MV Godzillas which are basically heroes, and ones like GMK and Shin Godzillas who are basically pure forces of destruction, and then a bunch of in betweens. I wouldn't even know how to structure it or what the story would be, but it'd be fun to attempt in some way, shape, or form.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

tyrantgoji wrote:As cool as it sounds for Legendary's and Toho's new Godzilla for the WOG to happen..It says in the article that a true GvG match can't happen so it's seems kinda out the window already.

Why in the world would Toho make that rule anyway? Not only that, but didn't that happen via Spacegodzilla and Kiryu, and to a lesser degree, Biollante?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:As cool as it sounds for Legendary's and Toho's new Godzilla for the WOG to happen..It says in the article that a true GvG match can't happen so it's seems kinda out the window already.

Why in the world would Toho make that rule anyway? Not only that, but didn't that happen via Spacegodzilla and Kiryu, and to a lesser degree, Biollante?
I think the clones don't really count because they're not really Godzilla. Kiryu is a robot so he doesn't really count either. Maybe they just don't like Godzilla going up against someone with the exact same powers.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Would probably be really boring tbh. One of the advantages that the Godzilla series has had is how atypical to Godzilla a lot of the enemies he fights are. A lot of the monsters have completely different body structures, and varying degrees of power.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Also,this makes me wish that Zilla gets some kind of recognition in the World of Godzilla. I would love to see him and Godzilla actually fight instead of just a complete stomp in the latter's favor.
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

tyrantgoji wrote:Also,this makes me wish that Zilla gets some kind of recognition in the World of Godzilla. I would love to see him and Godzilla actually fight instead of just a complete stomp in the latter's favor.
We got a pretty decent throw down between Godzilla and Zilla in issue two of Godzilla's mag, Rulers of Earth. Although a bit outmatched, and thanks to some rules and regulations over Zilla not having access to his fire breath from the animated series, Zilla, gave Godzilla quite a fight if you ask me. On a Godzilla taking on his straight on double flick, I'd like to see it personally. Probably the closest we'll get is the first battle in GODZILLA Vs. MECHAGODZILLA where Mecha-G was still incognito as Godzilla. My like of the idear came from an interview with Dark Horse editor, Rob Conte, who presided over Dark Horse's short lived Godzilla mag in the beginning of its run. He left the book a bit before it wrapped up. But he said that Kevin Maguire, the writer of the first arc, had a script, outline for an originally planned fourth story arc in the mag right after Alex Cox's time travel story. The title being Godzilla Vs. Anti-Godzilla , pitting the Big-G against a clone of himself. Would've been interesting. I don't think though Toho would've approved. They seemed not to be too much of fan of idea. There were Chris Mowery, and company went the route they did.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The One and Only wrote:My like of the idear came from an interview with Dark Horse editor, Rob Conte, who presided over Dark Horse's short lived Godzilla mag in the beginning of its run. He left the book a bit before it wrapped up. But he said that Kevin Maguire, the writer of the first arc, had a script, outline for an originally planned fourth story arc in the mag right after Alex Cox's time travel story. The title being Godzilla Vs. Anti-Godzilla , pitting the Big-G against a clone of himself. Would've been interesting. I don't think though Toho would've approved. They seemed not to be too much of fan of idea. There were Chris Mowery, and company went the route they did.
If only IDW adapted that idea.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The One and Only wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Also,this makes me wish that Zilla gets some kind of recognition in the World of Godzilla. I would love to see him and Godzilla actually fight instead of just a complete stomp in the latter's favor.
We got a pretty decent throw down between Godzilla and Zilla in issue two of Godzilla's mag, Rulers of Earth. Although a bit outmatched, and thanks to some rules and regulations over Zilla not having access to his fire breath from the animated series, Zilla, gave Godzilla quite a fight if you ask me. On a Godzilla taking on his straight on double flick, I'd like to see it personally. Probably the closest we'll get is the first battle in GODZILLA Vs. MECHAGODZILLA where Mecha-G was still incognito as Godzilla. My like of the idear came from an interview with Dark Horse editor, Rob Conte, who presided over Dark Horse's short lived Godzilla mag in the beginning of its run. He left the book a bit before it wrapped up. But he said that Kevin Maguire, the writer of the first arc, had a script, outline for an originally planned fourth story arc in the mag right after Alex Cox's time travel story. The title being Godzilla Vs. Anti-Godzilla , pitting the Big-G against a clone of himself. Would've been interesting. I don't think though Toho would've approved. They seemed not to be too much of fan of idea. There were plans by Chris Mowery, and Matt Frank for Godzilla to deal with a clone of himself in RULERS OF EARTH second half. But Toho shot it down ,and the IDW crew went the route they did.
Added in 3 minutes 56 seconds:
SonOfGorgo wrote:
The One and Only wrote:My like of the idear came from an interview with Dark Horse editor, Rob Conte, who presided over Dark Horse's short lived Godzilla mag in the beginning of its run. He left the book a bit before it wrapped up. But he said that Kevin Maguire, the writer of the first arc, had a script, outline for an originally planned fourth story arc in the mag right after Alex Cox's time travel story. The title being Godzilla Vs. Anti-Godzilla , pitting the Big-G against a clone of himself. Would've been interesting. I don't think though Toho would've approved. They seemed not to be too much of fan of idea. Chris Mowery ,and company planned for a clone of Godzilla to show up in the second half of RULERS OF EARTH. Toho shot it down though, and the book went the route it did.
If only IDW adapted that idea.
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I just realized that this film liking would have ended with the Tristar Godzilla actually defeating Heisei Goji, wonder if it was suppose to tie the Heisei and tristar series together? At least Toho kind of teased this in the ps3/4 Godzilla game.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image