Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

Post by mikelcho »

I'd like to see Do No Harm: The Complete Series on Blu-ray or even on DVD.

This short-lived TV series (which, at the most, had a beginning and an ending) sounds like a pretty good variation on the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I'd like to see it at least.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I'm still confused why Columbo isn't on Blu-ray after the huge resurgence of popularity it's had in the last several years.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mentioned in another thread The Guyver is getting released in 4K. Also marks its first ever domestic release in HD. On top its also the first time the original unedited version has seen an American home video release since the original VHS.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

I'm still way pissed that Dragonslayer and Watcher in the Woods are 1. not available in HD BR and 2. not even on D+. It drives me mad something fierce
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

It does suck. At least Dragonslayer is available to stream in HD. It’s included on Paramount+ or available to rent or buy on things like appletv, amazonprime, etc.

But Watcher in the Woods apparently isn’t available at all.

I agree I’d love to see physical releases of both. Especially Dragonslayer.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:26 pm I mentioned in another thread The Guyver is getting released in 4K. Also marks its first ever domestic release in HD. On top its also the first time the original unedited version has seen an American home video release since the original VHS.
Is The Guyver 2 going to join it, or does that come later?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Just the first one, so far.

Added in 3 minutes 55 seconds:
Speaking of Disney owned dragon movies, I still desperately hope for Reign of Fire in 4K.

Added in 12 minutes 9 seconds:
Hulu has True Lies in HD! No word on the physical release yet.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:17 pm It does suck. At least Dragonslayer is available to stream in HD. It’s included on Paramount+ or available to rent or buy on things like appletv, amazonprime, etc.

But Watcher in the Woods apparently isn’t available at all.

I agree I’d love to see physical releases of both. Especially Dragonslayer.
I've got the original DVD release of Dragonslayer - the one that says "Widescreen Presentation" on top of the cover sleeve.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I hope The Cave (2005) is released on Blu Ray someday. A very underrated creature film in my opinion.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I think Borat is not available on Blu-ray.
Just watched half of it with a friend today and had this thought occur.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:22 pm I think Borat is not available on Blu-ray.
Just watched half of it with a friend today and had this thought occur.
It is, but the release was very limited or at least it went OOP almost immediately.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Unearthed Films is releasing the sci-fi drama The Grand Tour (also known as Disaster in Time) on Blu-ray. That's one I never thought I'd see. Stars Jeff Daniels as the owner of a small town bed & breakfast who begins to fear his newest tenants might harbor a dark and mysterious secret. Director David Twohy would later go on to launch the career of Vin Diesel in the sci-fi cult classic Pitch Black.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The underappreciated Steven Spielberg produced family mystery/adventure Young Sherlock Holmes is finally coming to Blu-ray in a limited special edition steel book.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

It's apparently official. The Abyss, True Lies, and Aliens are dropping on 4K in March of next year. At least the The Abyss is scheduled to drop on streaming this December.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Guillermo Del Toro appears to confirm Blade 2 will be releasing in 4K in the next year or so. I say appears of course because this is April Fools.