FUN THREAD: What are your favorite Ultra Kaijus?

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: FUN THREAD: What are your favorite Ultra Kaijus?

Post by Fish Cakes »

I like Woo too. The more supernatural kaiju in general was something I always loved.

Speaking of which, I like Jirass as well, but not because of the re-used suit but because he's canonically the Loch Ness Monster in Ultraman IIRC. I always thought that was pretty cool.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gomora,Red King,Gomess,Peguila,Neronga,Pagos,Eleking,Jirass,Dinosaur Tank (for how goofy he is :lol: ) And if including aliens,Baltan,Mefiles,and Metron.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

The usual, Gomora, Red King, Eleking, Golza, Silvergon, Goldras, yet i'm also particularly fond of the monsters who really deserve a comeback, like Arigera, Daigarugu, Dinozaur, Melba, Femigon... too many monsters who don't get enough love.

And of course, i really love the holy trinity of Godzilla lookalikes, Gomess, Jirass and Earthtron
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Gomess
Jirass
Earthtron
Pazuzu
Red King( bought the Ultra-Act figure )
Black King( bought the SHF figure )
Gomora( bought the UA AND SHF figures )
Dinosaur Tank( okay, where's the SHF figure? )
Pandon( the LATER one, not the original )
Jamila( 'cuz it's something different )
and lastly, that scaly Yeti-lookin' thing. Ogg? Oog?

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

MandaSaurus wrote:and lastly, that scaly Yeti-lookin' thing. Ogg? Oog?
Gigass? Woo?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Jamila? He's vaguely yeti-esque.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Most of my favorites are newer. Demaaga (all forms), Horoboros, Galactron/Galactron MK2, Cyber Gomora, Shepardon, Tyrant, Five King.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Baltans, Gomora, Red King, Bulton, Degunja, Rugalo, and Bogun.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I've got a lot of favorites (all from Ultraman). This is just off the top of my head, of course, and in no particular order:

*Baltan I, II and III,
*Gomora,
*Jirass (the closest thing that we ever got to Godzilla in that series),
*Zarab I and II,
*Red King I and II,
*Dorako I and II,
*Gigass,
*Woo,
*Jamila,
*Dada,
*Pestar,
*Hydra,
*Gabadon,
*Gyango,
*Chandora,
*Magura,
*Gesura,
*Neronga,
*the Suflan I and II,
*Gaborah,
*Telesdon I and II,
*Mephilas,
*Geronimon the King of the Monsters (hey, there's someone out in the hall by the name of Godzilla who wants to speak to you about that),
*Kiyla,
*Saigo,
*Gubila,
*Zetton,
*Pigmon I and II,
*Bemular,
*Ragon II,
*Antlar,
*Dodongo,
*Seabozu,
*Goldon I and II.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 33 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

What was the name of that yeti-like kaiju that appeared in the same episode as Dorako I and Red King II? I'd like to add his name to my list.

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

mikelcho wrote:What was the name of that yeti-like kaiju that appeared in the same episode as Dorako I and Red King II? I'd like to add his name to my list.
Gigass.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Xenofauna wrote:
mikelcho wrote:What was the name of that yeti-like kaiju that appeared in the same episode as Dorako I and Red King II? I'd like to add his name to my list.
Gigass.
Thanks!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I need four more kaiju names:

*the two kaiju that appeared in the same episode as Red King I and Pigmon I, plus the "strangler vines" from that episode,
*the fish-dinosaur kaiju that liked chocolate and if you shot at it, it'd get violent.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

mikelcho wrote:I need four more kaiju names:

*the two kaiju that appeared in the same episode as Red King I and Pigmon I, plus the "strangler vines" from that episode,
*the fish-dinosaur kaiju that liked chocolate and if you shot at it, it'd get violent.
Chandora and Magura
Gesura

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Thanks again!

Now I'll need three more:

*the two kaiju that were on another planet in an episode near the end of the series; one of them was bipedal and had a beetle-like head with big, round compound eyes that emitted a bright flash of light whenever it slowly opened them that caused temporary blindness to its victims,
*a burrowing kaiju that had a drill-like point on its nose.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

mikelcho wrote:Thanks again!

Now I'll need three more:

*the two kaiju that were on another planet in an episode near the end of the series; one of them was bipedal and had a beetle-like head with big, round compound eyes that emitted a bright flash of light whenever it slowly opened them that caused temporary blindness to its victims,
*a burrowing kaiju that had a drill-like point on its nose.
Kiyla and Saigo.

Gubila.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Once again, thanks!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

5: Zaragas
I haven't seen the original Ultraman (or any non-anime entry in the series) but his presence in the Ultraman N/A short has made me very intrigued. Combined with the fact that he was apparently the first to give Ultraman a really hard time, Zaragas is very cool to me.

4: Alien Spell/Talk
All of the unused/unaired kaiju are equally intriguing and great but this one takes the cake when it comes to purely Ultraman. Its appearance is terrifying and the alleged reasons why its episode was banned are very interesting. Overall, this one immediately surpassed Dada as my favorite seijin.

3: Pigmon
I tend to gravitate more towards ugly-cute than cute-cute and honestly, Pigmon is the perfect example! The only thing I don't like about Pigmon is the absolutely horrifying Powered design. Seriously, the design team did a great job on every kaiju except for Pigmon and (at a lesser extent) Zetton. Despite that atrocity, I still love Pigmon and hope that he somehow appears in Shin Ultraman as an easter egg at the least.

2: Majaba
While Ultraman Powered used Tsubaraya-made kaiju, Ultraman Great had a cast of entirely new foes. While Gigasaurus and Derugadon had a good chance at landing on this spot, my favorite has to be Majaba, the poisonous mantis kaiju. Their design is amazing, their story slightly reminds me of the MUTOs (who happen to be my favorite Monsterverse Titans at the moment), and overall, they feel like they could fit in wiht the Japanese kaiju better than the rest.

1: Bemular/Nova
Honestly, I couldn't choose between these two. At one hand, Bemular is an amazing kaiju to start off the franchise and looks like my favorite type of theropod dinosaur. But there's also the fact that Nova was the first Ultraman monster I ever saw in my life and has a very unique design. So, these two share the number 1 spot.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Zaragas is FAR from the first monster to give Ultraman a hard time but he is an insane unique monster.

Dude was literally Shin before Shin existed
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Zaragas is FAR from the first monster to give Ultraman a hard time but he is an insane unique monster.

Dude was literally Shin before Shin existed
Now that I've seen the show, I know that. Still, he's one of my favorite kaiju in any Ultraman series (so far).

Also, I really want to see TsuPro go crazy with Zaragas the next time he shows up. The evolution/adaptation/whatever he can accomplish is a concept that has sadly been underutilized other than the spiky one in Ginga.