new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
EnerG wrote:That shell theory is actually a very smart idea! Could be the case!

And wait, what? Did I miss an announcement or is the Giga Man thing a prediction? O:
PRG confirmed that they'll be at TGS during the final installment in the Gormaru interview trilogy. I think it's fair to say Giga Man will be there.
Omg woah. Only a month from now too, that's awesome!!
Seems like GigaBash promotion is in full force, doesn't it?

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Yeah seriously! They mentioned in the interview as well that their Indie Arena Booth Online's gonna have some little bits of content in there so I'll tune into it when it opens!

Hm so 2021 launch. 5 more characters to be revealed alongside at least 8 stages (I believe there was a new stage in the trailer at the end during Skorak's ultimate), I imagine the pace for content reveals should be pretty nice!

EDIT: Oh btw, in their Discord they said they're looking into having a beta before launch, though are still considering if it will be closed or public.
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

After watching the short gameplay videos they uploaded, I can say that I'm in love with that mid-air spinning attack.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Y'all, I think they referenced me in their Indie Arena Booth online I'm freakin' out.
https://twitter.com/GigaBashNews/status ... 08482?s=20

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Y'all, I think they referenced me in their Indie Arena Booth online I'm freakin' out.
https://twitter.com/GigaBashNews/status ... 08482?s=20
Considering Sern liked one of your first threads, there's not a shadow of a doubt that that was intentional. Congrats!

Added in 17 hours 47 minutes 33 seconds:
Holy crap, they just called Skorak a snailian.

Added in 1 day 2 hours 52 minutes 26 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:I just thought of something. What if the crystal-dinosaur does look like the skull on the shelf and Skorak's shell is a skull belonging to a dead individual of the dino-kaiju's species?
I'm watching the Skorak podcast and this theory may be right.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Hey! Sorry been on other social media and a little busy as well, WOW WHAT A WEEKEND.

New stages were shown as you noticed from my tweet in the IGN Walkthrough! Speaking of which, that has quickly become the most viewed GigaBash video, and it's growing very well! The reception to the game's great as well, honestly it's refreshing to see many non-kaiju fans appreciation for the game. I feel many kaiju fans might not see how amazingly the gameplay formula has been done in GigaBash, but rather just focus on the kaiju designs/content. Seeing so many people talk about how awesome the gameplay itself looks is really sweet, many Power Stone fans as well!

So wow. Also, in GigaBash's indie arena booth online, a person said Skorak is worshipped ever since defeating Lord Dragon, which is likely the skull on Skorak's back. Would be awesome if Lord Dragon were playable, even as DLC one day if they don't plan for them to be at launch.

So yeah! New stages shown a glimpse of seemed to be Tokyo Night, Russia, and like, an alternate form of Russia stage? I noticed the canyon-esc stage had a metal Pipijuras statue head, implying that's prolly Pipijuras' home.

The twitch tournament is what I'm gonna go back and watch quite a bit. I gotta analyze the gameplay more! Some bugs but to be expected.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I think that canyon stage is the Area 51 stage shown in the stage select screen.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I think that canyon stage is the Area 51 stage shown in the stage select screen.
Yup def think you're right! Maybe they knew their Pax East build leaked some stages and just decided to show them off lolol, either way they look amazing!!!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I wonder what the Lord Dragon looked like in the flesh.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

This game looks very fun and I'm definitely liking Skorak. I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for more updates. :)

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I really like the aesthetic for this game its a blend of classic Kaiju genre elements with their own take. You can have monsters that take heavy inspiration from the Showa Era and monsters that look like a merging of all three

Its quite brilliant

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Since TGS is coming up, I've decided to compile everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, we know about the next guy up:
Spoiler:
  • His name is Giga Man. [1]
  • Giga Man has green in his color palette. [1][2]
  • He is primarily inspired by Ultraman.
  • A diamond-shaped marking lays on Giga Man's chest. [3]
  • Giga Man is heroic in nature. [4]
  • He is associated with a stylized G. [5]
  • Passion Republic Games will reveal him at Tokyo Game Show
Added in 13 hours 31 minutes 34 seconds:
ALL OF THOSE ARE WRONG!

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Since TGS is coming up, I've decided to compile everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, we know about the next guy up:
Spoiler:
  • His name is Giga Man. [1]
  • Giga Man has green in his color palette. [1][2]
  • He is primarily inspired by Ultraman.
  • A diamond-shaped marking lays on Giga Man's chest. [3]
  • Giga Man is heroic in nature. [4]
  • He is associated with a stylized G. [5]
  • Passion Republic Games will reveal him at Tokyo Game Show
Added in 13 hours 31 minutes 34 seconds:
ALL OF THOSE ARE WRONG!
I thought the palette would be blue cuz the sign colors and stuff, but I got what you mean haha

I AM BLOWN AWAY OMG THIS TRAILER IS AMAZINGG

those new stages too!!! Nice glimpses, Tokyo Night might be my fave so far!!

I'm so excited too bc now, we're more in-the-dark than ever before! We knew Skorak and Gigaman's general designs before reveal, but with the last 4 characters, it's way more secretive and surprising than ever!!

All I know is that
Spoiler:
one is likely gonna be a plant monster (ice cream tease, similar looking plant in one of the quarantine art posts) and another will likely be crystal-themed (crystal teases in quarantine art, tweet, indie arena booth online.)
Also Lord Dragon, the monster Skorak conquered, could be playable, we'll see!
Just an amazing trailer.
Last edited by EnerG on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I kinda like the incredibles esq aged hero take on Gigaman/
He Jock it Made of Steel

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, that was a pretty great trailer. I'm getting the impression that there's a lot of genuine passion and love for the genre being put into this game, and I like that.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gigaman looks awesome! Although i'm getting some weird All Might vibes from him with how he seems to have a bad back.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote:Gigaman looks awesome! Although i'm getting some weird All Might vibes from him with how he seems to have a bad back.
I'm getting All Might vibes too but from his smile.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Gigantis wrote:Gigaman looks awesome! Although i'm getting some weird All Might vibes from him with how he seems to have a bad back.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Gigaman is my favorite character they've revealed so far! Glad I'm not the only one getting All Might and Mr. Incredible vibes from him hahaha, he's like a mixture of those two and Ultraman which is just plain awesome. I showed several of my friends the game trailers and they're all hyped to play it as well!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Keen Fai, an artist at PRG, has been making some Heisei-esque designs for the player characters. Since some of you aren't on the GigaBash Discord, I will upload 'em here.

Gorogong: Image

Pipijuras (my favorite of the bunch): Image

Woolley: Image