new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
spottedming
Samurai

new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by spottedming »

Dunno if any of you guys have seen this yet, theres a new kaiju type arena game comin out called Giga Bash, which is being developed in Malaysia. It does seem promising and the character designs remind me of ultra kaiju.

What do you guys think of this? Think its going to be another dud like Kaiju Combat?

Heres the devs twitter https://twitter.com/Tweet_PRG

and heres the company founders twitter that has more footage of the game so far https://twitter.com/NgAikSern

In my opinion it does seem to early to speculate how the game is going to be, but i guess we will all see

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by Komenja »

spottedming wrote: What do you guys think of this? Think its going to be another dud like Kaiju Combat?
Well, it doesn't appear to be a Kickstarted title, so it has that going for it. That little bit of gameplay seems fine so far.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

spottedming wrote:Dunno if any of you guys have seen this yet, theres a new kaiju type arena game comin out called Giga Bash, which is being developed in Malaysia. It does seem promising and the character designs remind me of ultra kaiju.

What do you guys think of this? Think its going to be another dud like Kaiju Combat?

Heres the devs twitter https://twitter.com/Tweet_PRG

and heres the company founders twitter that has more footage of the game so far https://twitter.com/NgAikSern

In my opinion it does seem to early to speculate how the game is going to be, but i guess we will all see
What they show off looks fine, but note most of those designs are clear Ultra-Kaiju knock-offs that are way too close.

Look towards the middle of the bottom row, #13 they just took Seagoras`s head and put it on some other body parts.
Far bottom left #11, is Alien Icarus`s head, 7 is just woo, the arms on 8 are gyerons etc....

If this has any chance to succeed that shit needs to stop ASAP.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I like that kaiju design and the graphics and animation seem smooth which is a lot more than could be said for that turd, Kaiju Combat. But like any indie game by new devs, I'll wait for it to deliver before believing any hype.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:If this has any chance to succeed that shit needs to stop ASAP.
I think those are concept art for the first (only) kiju they have shown off? Even then, that kaiju reminds me way too much of Red King. I think one of his pwered up forms has those arms?

EDIT: Looked again, they're being transparent about drawing inspiration from ultra kaiju. That was concept art to get ideas for the the first guy.

Also seems like they'll have a presence at Tokyo Game Show from what I can tell?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:I like that kaiju design and the graphics and animation seem smooth which is a lot more than could be said for that turd, Kaiju Combat. But like any indie game by new devs, I'll wait for it to deliver before believing any hype.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:If this has any chance to succeed that poop needs to stop ASAP.
I think those are concept art for the first (only) kiju they have shown off? Even then, that kaiju reminds me way too much of Red King. I think one of his pwered up forms has those arms?
Yeah I think that's just concept art, but the first model they show is just EX Red King with horns and a different color and Gango`s face.

To be clear, it's not inherently wrong to have a monster roster with clear nods or "notGodzillas", "notKongs" etc...
But when your whole roster looks like you blended together some Ultraman monsters with zero really innovative designs it makes you wonder.

The beam the monster on the right is firing is almost a 1 to 1 of an attack Baltan uses.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

WOW. You're right, LSD. Blatant disrespect, man.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Look on the head of number 12:
If any of these designs make it into the final game it’s blatant plagiarism; “homage” or not.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Looks like Tsuburaya's gonna Tsue somebody am i right guys? :lol:

No? bad pun? okay.. :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

At least it's one more garbage fire to watch.

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

spottedming wrote:some more gameplay footage https://twitter.com/i/status/1165150310186110976
I mean, the game doesn't look bad. It's again just an issue of the designs. I'll have to wait and see until we see more monsters.

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

I don't see an issue with this?
Is it original? No.
But it has charm and I miss Monster games like these.
My only fear is that it gets stricken with Feature creep and gets canned.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

The Zetton Baltan fusion looks cool, but I am hoping that they change up the designs so it doesn't look super obvious that it's ultra monsters. At least make some Showa Gamera looking monsters. :lol:

The little piece of gameplay looks neat.

Added in 4 days 1 hour 44 minutes 56 seconds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NgAikSern/st ... 1398413317
These all look gorgeous!

Added in 4 days 20 hours 21 minutes 20 seconds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NgAikSern/st ... 9829806082
Some more gameplay footage.

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Tweet_PRG/st ... 9012153345
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

heres the new trailer for it https://vimeo.com/359003848

Added in 11 minutes 50 seconds:
it also seems to be coming to pc, ps4 and switch, sorry xbox users
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The gameplay or at least the camera system is really remensicent of War Of The Monsters

I do like the classic Showa aesthetic they are going with on the Kaiju designs, I really like that. They did put some thought and research into the designs

It might actually be pretty cool!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

This is what Kaiju Combat should have been, Simon Strange should be ashamed
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’ll admit based on that big white furry monster things are looking better.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I like, need this, on xbox one.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Orichalcum wrote:This is what Kaiju Combat should have been, Simon Strange should be ashamed
Agreed. How that guy can feel proud of that disaster annoys me.

Still a bit iffy on the designs, but LOVE the looks of the game and am gonna just overlook all that.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Okay, that was pretty awesome!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image