Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Regal has it in their database of movies but no showtimes listed yet.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Same with AMC
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So to confirm, the movie will have limited showings very shortly? Those that have waited a long time can see it with English subtitles legally? Is it the same across the United States?

If this is the case, then I'll probably remove the big spoiler ban in a week or so.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ It's currently scheduled for a wide release, but limited engagement. That means there are currently only two showtimes scheduled for theaters across the United States: January 11th and 12th. Probably best to keep the spoiler ban until this release.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Yes, please keep the spoiler ban up if possible. It's still over a month before we're going to be able to see the film in theaters, at least in my region.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Alright, tenatively will keep that up then.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Bluebaron
Ronin

Post by Bluebaron »

Which English dubbing company is likely to be dubbing shin Ultraman?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Bluebaron wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:47 am Which English dubbing company is likely to be dubbing shin Ultraman?
I would assume Funimation but honestly I’m not sure; no clue what to expect from the dubbed version but am hoping to see both in case it goes too fast to follow with subtitles.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:57 pm Alright, tenatively will keep that up then.
Thanks; I’d say don’t lift the spoiler ban until the run in US theaters ends.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Bought my ticket today, luckily it’s in my smaller town. Big city 40 miles out has both days sold out at the AMCs there, haven’t looked at Regal though.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Darn. Just now seeing the theater dates. There’s plenty of theaters showing it near me but I have to work both nights. Wish I had caught it sooner so I could’ve tried to be off. Oh well, it’s on me for not watching this more closely I guess.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:22 pm Darn. Just now seeing the theater dates. There’s plenty of theaters showing it near me but I have to work both nights. Wish I had caught it sooner so I could’ve tried to be off. Oh well, it’s on me for not watching this more closely I guess.
To be fair, it’s pretty inconvenient to have both showings back to back and so close to the 5pm/6pm time most people get off work. I would have at least expected them to be shown a week apart.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah but that’s just how they do these shows. Shin Godzilla was back to back nights back in 2016 if I remember correctly. But it was popular enough it got a second round of shows a few weeks later, didn’t it? Maybe that’ll happen this time too. If not hopefully it comes out on BD here soon.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I believe Shin Godzilla was one day for two weeks (maybe I’m misremembering?). But you may be correct. I did end up seeing it twice but that was in part thanks to the extra screening to meet demand.

I’d love to see Shin Ultraman shown for an additional week or so but I’m not sure if that will happen considering it’s Fandango running things and not Funimation.

And I agree; I hope for a good DVD/BD release regardless, in BOTH USA and Australia (all I managed to find over there was Shin Godzilla- and that doesn’t even include the dub. Most Toho releases are OOP) :cry:
Last edited by Creature22 on Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It would be nice if they’d put out a 4K BD in addition to a standard BD. Heck, it’d be nice if they would ever put Shin Godzilla out in 4K anywhere besides Japan.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Folks who work in the mainstream anime dub/game vo scene are posting on their socials that they worked on the Shin Ultraman dub. Still not sure what company it's through.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

On the Holiday Special stream, Sean White (from Max) revealed that he saw Shin about 100 times since he did most of the English subs for it :P Found that to be a little funny tidbit.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Since I’m going to be away on a business trip on the dates it gets screened in theaters, I caved and watched last night to close out the year.

Overall it was enjoyable, I think the structure is a bit too “episodic” but it does connect together. Definitely feels like an Anno production through and through. Excited to discuss more when the spoiler ban is lifted!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

goji1986 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:05 am Excited to discuss more when the spoiler ban is lifted!
No need to wait! There's a Shin Ultraman thread in the Reiwa forum where spoilers are allowed.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Im totally gonna miss out on this. There's no way they'll let me take vacation so soon and I work late too.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Me too. None of the theaters playing it are close by.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio