Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

Post by goji1986 »

https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/46 ... &fs=e&s=cl

For real this time, it’s getting an International release! More details to come.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ooh yeah!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Can't wait for you guys to be able to see this movie. I'll definitely be rewatching it for sure.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would've preferred it if they got a bit more creative in redesigning Ultraman in this film besides just making his frame more elongated and removing the timer. Regardless of how I feel about ShinGoji, I at least acknowledge the effort put into making a radical new design for Godzilla.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

goji1986 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:18 am https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/46 ... &fs=e&s=cl

For real this time, it’s getting an International release! More details to come.
Page comes up blank for me
Edit: nvm
Last edited by Godzillakuj94 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Sweet! Ultraman has been growing on me more and more as I’ve been watching the dubbed sets of the ‘66 show mill creek put out with my kids. Would love to take them to see this in the theater! Worst case, hopefully it also gets a home video release and we can watch it at home.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:34 am Sweet! Ultraman has been growing on me more and more as I’ve been watching the dubbed sets of the ‘66 show mill creek put out with my kids. Would love to take them to see this in the theater! Worst case, hopefully it also gets a home video release and we can watch it at home.
Yeah, if Shin Ultraman can't make it to U.S. theaters in any way, shape or form, then direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray would be the next best thing, as least as far as I'm concerned. Either way, I hope I'll be able to watch it in this country sometime soon.

Btw, how well did Shin Godzilla do when it was given its own release in U.S. theaters (limited though it was)? Would that affect this film's release to said theaters at all?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:34 am Sweet! Ultraman has been growing on me more and more as I’ve been watching the dubbed sets of the ‘66 show mill creek put out with my kids. Would love to take them to see this in the theater! Worst case, hopefully it also gets a home video release and we can watch it at home.
Yeah, if Shin Ultraman can't make it to U.S. theaters in any way, shape or form, then direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray would be the next best thing, as least as far as I'm concerned. Either way, I hope I'll be able to watch it in this country sometime soon.

Btw, how well did Shin Godzilla do when it was given its own release in U.S. theaters (limited though it was)? Would that affect this film's release to said theaters at all?
It did so well that it extended its limited release window. I remember watching it a second time when it got extended.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:12 pm
mikelcho wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm

It did so well that it extended its limited release window. I remember watching it a second time when it got extended.
Great! Maybe Shin Ultraman does stand a chance after all!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yeah I saw Shin Godzilla twice. Though I went two nights in a row because when else was I ever going to get to see a brand new Japanese Godzilla film in the theater, subtitled no less?!

I’d definitely go see Shin Ultraman in the theater even though I have a pretty phenomenal home theater now.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Hope they book Ultraman better than they did Godzilla where I'm at. Only like 2 theaters in the state showed it and on 2 days of the week.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

-edited out for Shin Ultraman spoilers-
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mikecho, your original post was edited and subsequently deleted for posting Shin Ultraman spoilers. Please do not do it again. If you have a problem with something on the main site, please be patient and wait, or at the very least post it in the full spoiler thread.

Disregarding that, I want to thank everyone that has been rather careful at posting spoilers outside the respective thread, even the people having a few goofs and fun with it. ;) That being said, lets try to keep this up until the finish line. No doubt there's people that are just checking this thread for the international release.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

May I ask when the spoiler ban will be lifted?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:49 pm No doubt there's people that are just checking this thread for the international release.
Yep, I'm one of them. Thanks for the save. :lol:

Man, I hope this movie comes to a theater near me. Atlanta theaters are technically within reach, but a closer one like Canton or Kennesaw would be sick...

Barring that, yeah, a nice Blu-ray release will do the job. I imagine that'll be along sometime next year.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:49 pm Mikecho, your original post was edited and subsequently deleted for posting Shin Ultraman spoilers. Please do not do it again. If you have a problem with something on the main site, please be patient and wait, or at the very least post it in the full spoiler thread.

Disregarding that, I want to thank everyone that has been rather careful at posting spoilers outside the respective thread, even the people having a few goofs and fun with it. ;) That being said, lets try to keep this up until the finish line. No doubt there's people that are just checking this thread for the international release.
Sorry, I'll put it on the spoiler thread if I can find it.

UPDATE: Sorry again, it's not on here.

UPDATE 2: Never mind, I found it. I thought it would be here on Ultraman Media. Shouldn't it?
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:32 am May I ask when the spoiler ban will be lifted?
Most likely not until after an official US release of the movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

>movie completed
>Covid delays
>Movie released
>Waiting
>Waiting
>"North American premiere" occurs
>It's at film festivals in Canada and New York
>Waiting
>"Hey guys, Shin Ultraman is getting an international release!"
>"Really? When?"
>"September 1st!"
>"No way! So September 1st in America?!?!"
>"No. :)"

Why are they doing this.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Wanna rage?

I heard JD Lees (head of G-Fan and G-Fest) was asked by Tsuburaya if he was interested in screening Shin Ultraman this year at the show.

He turned it down.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:52 am Wanna rage?

I heard JD Lees (head of G-Fan and G-Fest) was asked by Tsuburaya if he was interested in screening Shin Ultraman this year at the show.

He turned it down.