Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
UltramanGoji

Re: Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:52 am Wanna rage?

I heard JD Lees (head of G-Fan and G-Fest) was asked by Tsuburaya if he was interested in screening Shin Ultraman this year at the show.

He turned it down.
That sounds fake, I haven't heard anything about that from the people I know in the G-FEST email groups.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

That's just what I've heard, apparently he has a history of snubbing screenings of things that aren't Godzilla, under the assumption most guests don't care. Which wouldn't shock me, considering the con is still run like the fandom is stuck in 1995.

I dont believe it's something you're SUPPOSED to know. Based on everything I've heard about the guy over the past few years, I believe it.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:22 pm That's just what I've heard, apparently he has a history of snubbing screenings of things that aren't Godzilla, under the assumption most guests don't care. Which wouldn't shock me, considering the con is still run like the fandom is stuck in 1995.
That wouldn't make much sense considering there's been plenty of Ultra movies at G-FEST in the past.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'll believe what I believe and I've heard it from a reliable source. So let's move on...

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

While I’m not a member, I am aware of much of what goes on with the GFEST planning committee and know pretty definitively that a screening of Shin Ultraman was never discussed.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

https://variety.com/2022/film/global/sh ... 235369098/

Indie film distributor The Exchange has acquired the global rights to Shin Ultraman

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Article was a little confusing, though I only had time to skim it, does this mean there's only plans to bring it to another film festival? Not a widespread limited release like Shin Godzilla?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ It means, essentially, that there's now a broker negotiating the individual releases for all those territories, including the US.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Shin Ultraman will be screened at New York Comic Con.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:42 am Shin Ultraman will be screened at New York Comic Con.
Same Twitter post that announced this said that major announcements would be made. Maybe, this means we could get a US release date?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

To those waiting for a wide release: proceed with extra caution from now on, for the pirates have found a way.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:22 pm To those waiting for a wide release: proceed with extra caution from now on, for the pirates have found a way.
At this point, I don't see how ANYTHING in this movie can be considered a legit spoiler with or without a wider release. Between merchandise all over the place, appearances in Battle Line... If you don't know
Spoiler:
Zetton, Zarab, Memphilas, Neronga, Gabora and Imitation Ultraman
are all in this, then you prolly won't even know who those characters are.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^ If you think the monster roster is the only surprise that Shin Ultraman has in store, I doubt you know anything about the movie. I'll leave it at that.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:34 am ^ If you think the monster roster is the only surprise that Shin Ultraman has in store, I doubt you know anything about the movie. I'll leave it at that.
The entire plot has been out on the internet like a day and a half after it was released. So was the theater book with scans that basically spoiled the whole movie. To which MM and I have seen since the movie came out. Dunno why you felt the need to add that highlighted part.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:34 am ^ If you think the monster roster is the only surprise that Shin Ultraman has in store, I doubt you know anything about the movie. I'll leave it at that.
The entire plot has been out on the internet like a day and a half after it was released. So was the theater book with scans that basically spoiled the whole movie. To which MM and I have seen since the movie came out. Dunno why you felt the need to add that highlighted part.
It was a conditional statement. The sentence is nonsense if you remove the highlighted part. You want him posting sentence fragments?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Weren't you the one who was swearing up and down that the Godzilla: King of the Monster leaks were fake? And they turned out to be true? Movie's plot has been on three wikis, the monster roster is on several websites. The plot's public knowledge. There literally is NO surprise. Your 'surprises' a literal easter eggs. :lol:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I obviously know the film's monster roster via toys, promotional materials, etc. It kind of stinks, but that was to be expected. But I've managed to stay mostly clear of the movie's storyline and hope to see some surprise twists and turns still. Why the hell would anybody who hasn't seen the movie want to be spoiled?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:53 pm
Weren't you the one who was swearing up and down that the Godzilla: King of the Monster leaks were fake? And they turned out to be true?
No? I was the complete opposite, actually. Never doubted the leaks for a second. Dunno who you're confusing me with but you got the wrong guy.

Added in 36 seconds:
MaxRebo320 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm I obviously know the film's monster roster via toys, promotional materials, etc. It kind of stinks, but that was to be expected. But I've managed to stay mostly clear of the movie's storyline and hope to see some surprise twists and turns still. Why the hell would anybody who hasn't seen the movie want to be spoiled?
Finally, someone gets it.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm I obviously know the film's monster roster via toys, promotional materials, etc. It kind of stinks, but that was to be expected. But I've managed to stay mostly clear of the movie's storyline and hope to see some surprise twists and turns still. Why the hell would anybody who hasn't seen the movie want to be spoiled?
Because there is no official release confirmed for me right now and I'm still going to see the movie and enjoy it for what it is.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

There's no reason to have a debate about spoilers in a non-spoiler thread. We have a thread for spoilers. For people who don't buy toys or look at wikis, it's largely pretty easy to remain unspoiled on this movie. Let's have no more spoilers in this thread, and no more arguing about it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.