Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by o.supreme »

So.... anybody have Zearth or Neos DVD in hand yet? DeepDiscount shipped both but they won't be here for a few days, and there's no online reviews I can find as of this writing.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Nexus/The Next cover art is out and it’s a banger.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Have they stopped releasing the Ultra series on Blu-ray and now only on DVD?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Millcreek is supposedly using whatever materials were provided to them by TPC. I know most of the films were theatrically released, so HD elements should exist, not sure why the films from roughly 1996-2007 aren't getting Blu Rays. But all of the TV shows from Tiga to Mebius we're shot on Video, thus the Blu Rays released in Japan are upscales and not true HD. I wouldn't mind having those either, but it is what it is.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Saturndusk wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:04 pm Nexus/The Next cover art is out and it’s a banger.
Can you please show a picture?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

o.supreme wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:08 am Millcreek is supposedly using whatever materials were provided to them by TPC. I know most of the films were theatrically released, so HD elements should exist, not sure why the films from roughly 1996-2007 aren't getting Blu Rays. But all of the TV shows from Tiga to Mebius we're shot on Video, thus the Blu Rays released in Japan are upscales and not true HD. I wouldn't mind having those either, but it is what it is.
Apparently of the DVD releases of the movies from Mill Creek only the Zearth films have blu-rays in Japan? Even The Next is dvd only there.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Angilasman wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:52 am Apparently of the DVD releases of the movies from Mill Creek only the Zearth films have blu-rays in Japan? Even The Next is dvd only there.
Really? I thought the Dyna Movie, TDG, Cosmos Trilogy, and first Mebius Movie would be on Blu Ray in Japan? How Very Odd...

Anyway...the artwork for the last 3 releases are on Amazon.com

Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:45 am
o.supreme wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 pm
mikelcho wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:32 pm Wow, how many more Ultra TV series and films are there left to go before we've caught up?
MC has 6 items left to release:

1. Ultraman Zearth (Movies 1&2) October 11th 2022
2. Ultraman Neos October 11th 2022
3. Ultraman Cosmos November 1st 2022
4. Ultraman Next/Nexus Novermber 15th 2022
5. Ultraman Max November 15th 2022
6. Ultraman Kids 3000 December 6th 2022

Items not part of MC current deal with TPC:

The 6 Ultra Brothers vs. the Monster Army
Andro Melos TV series
The Ultraman Story (Movie 1984)
Ultraman Zoffy
Ultraman the Adventure Begins
Ultraman Great
Ultraman Powered
Ultra Q the Movie
Ultra Q Dark Fantasy
Heisei Ultraseven
Ultraman Tiga Final Odyssey
Ultraman Taiga + Movie
Ultraman Z
Ultraman Trigger + Movie
Ultraman Decker
Ultra Galaxy Fight (all 3 series so far)
(These are the main series/films, there are a bunch of older compilation films as well)
I've already put all the contents of the first three releases in this list on Wikizilla's Mill Creek Entertainment thread because I saw a ad for them on SciFi Japan. Does anyone here think I should put in the contents of the other three releases on their list as well, or should I wait for another ad to come out in order to confirm them and then put them in?
UPDATE: I just finished putting all six of the releases in and they've kept them. Wikizilla's list now has every Ultra Series release from when they started to all the way up to now on home video if anyone wishes to look. All series and films listed there have U.S. titles as well.

Of what's listed here and from what we've been told so far, I think that the last six listed here, Ultraman Zoffy and Andro Melos have the best chance of being released next year. Thoughts, anyone?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:28 am, edited 7 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

As of this writing, there has been no news I am aware of that TPC and MC will be renewing/updating their contract. Nor have we heard yet about a new licensor for TPC Ultraman content other than Funimaiton which released the SSSS Gridman & Dynazenon Anime series a while back. So while we have nothing to go on, I'd be grateful for any release in 2023. My preference would be for anything older to fill in the gaps, but because rights to those are more difficult to secure, I'd say if anything the newer series: Taiga, Z, Trigger & Decker as well as the Ultra Galaxy Fight series would probably be the easiest to obtain and distribute, not to mention the Shin Ultraman Film.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluebaron
Ronin

Post by Bluebaron »

I'm still hoping for the complete 4kids English dub adaptation of Ultraman Tiga. The 2nd half is lost media, but aired in India on tv channel POGO. If night flights dynamite can be seen streaming, the US Tiga should be out there too.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:33 am As of this writing, there has been no news I am aware of that TPC and MC will be renewing/updating their contract. Nor have we heard yet about a new licensor for TPC Ultraman content other than Funimaiton which released the SSSS Gridman & Dynazenon Anime series a while back. So while we have nothing to go on, I'd be grateful for any release in 2023. My preference would be for anything older to fill in the gaps, but because rights to those are more difficult to secure, I'd say if anything the newer series: Taiga, Z, Trigger & Decker as well as the Ultra Galaxy Fight series would probably be the easiest to obtain and distribute, not to mention the Shin Ultraman Film.
Thanks for the info. Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

So, here's hoping. At least Mill Creek Entertainment did officially give the U.S. a huge chunk of the Ultra Series.
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Good news is my Cosmos DVD set is out for delivery, should be here in the next couple of hours.

The Bad news is, I just got an update from Mill Creek, Nexus and Max have been delayed to January.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ The statement from Mill Creek I saw just listed Max as delayed?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

oh wow, you are right. I had to read it again. :oops: . I assumed since both Nexus and Max had the same initial release date, that they BOTH got delayed. Good to know its just Max (at least at the moment). While the MC press release didn't specify a date in January, some sites have updated Max to January 24th, 2022. So hopefully we will get Nexus in 2 weeks (11/15/22), then Kids 3 weeks after that (12/6/22).

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Hopefully! I was hoping to have Nexus/The Next as a Christmas present.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:58 pm The Bad news is, I just got an update from Mill Creek, Nexus and Max have been delayed to January.
Amazon still has them listed for a November 15 release date. Are they just waiting until the last second before making the change or did their stock get to them sooner than expected?
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Max was delayed. Nexus, it seems, is on schedule. Folks have already gotten review copies.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yes I corrected myself later. It was only Max that got delayed into January. Sometimes Amazon just dosen't update in a timely manner. I pre-ordered both Nexus and Max earlier this week. Nexus has a scheduled delivery date of Thursday whereas Max is "pending" a date.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why can’t they just let DVD die already?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:00 pm Why can’t they just let DVD die already?
....come again?