How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by Gigantis »

Okay, so after reading some K.W.C stories, a crazy thought for a Godzilla film ran through my head.

What if we have Godzilla... fight a Godzillasaurus?

So pretty much, we bring back the Godzillasaurus origin. There's two Godzillasaurus' out there: one of them is Godzilla, and the other one is a more natural Godzillasaurus. It's pretty much a more regular looking dinosaur with some Godzilla esc. features (think the actual Heisei Godzillasaurus design mixed with some of the classic G spines {though they'd probably be a bit smaller} and some more unoriginal theropod features) It's still kaiju sized, but it grew more naturally due to a feeding radiation on a decent dose, and not being nuked to sh*t. Meanwhile, Godzilla's still the more upright standing, keloid scar wearing monster that grew at an unnatural rate because of the bomb that got dropped on him. They both fight, and it's kind of personal for both for them because they're exact opposites. Godzillasaurus sees a mutant of his kind who needs to be put out of his misery, and Godzilla is jealous because Godzillasaurus is exactly what he could have been had humanity not royally messed up his life.

Or something like that. I dunno, I'm tired. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by LegendZilla »

What if they brought back Godzilla's biomagnetism from '74?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

You want weird? Give Godzilla the Hulk Origin.

He was a dude hit by gamma rays and bam now he’s a human-Godzilla hybrid thing.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:53 pm You want weird? Give Godzilla the Hulk Origin.

He was a dude hit by gamma rays and bam now he’s a human-Godzilla hybrid thing.
Rampage: Godzilla DLC

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:54 pm Okay, so after reading some K.W.C stories, a crazy thought for a Godzilla film ran through my head.

So pretty much, we bring back the Godzillasaurus origin. There's two Godzillasaurus' out there: one of them is Godzilla, and the other one is a more natural Godzillasaurus. It's pretty much a more regular looking dinosaur with some Godzilla esc. features (think the actual Heisei Godzillasaurus design mixed with some of the classic G spines {though they'd probably be a bit smaller} and some more unoriginal theropod features) It's still kaiju sized, but it grew more naturally due to a feeding radiation on a decent dose, and not being nuked to sh*t. Meanwhile, Godzilla's still the more upright standing, keloid scar wearing monster that grew at an unnatural rate because of the bomb that got dropped on him. They both fight, and it's kind of personal for both for them because they're exact opposites. Godzillasaurus sees a mutant of his kind who needs to be put out of his misery, and Godzilla is jealous because Godzillasaurus is exactly what he could have been had humanity not royally messed up his life.

Or why not multiple mutated Godzillasaurs who’ve had it worse than him?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:14 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:54 pm Okay, so after reading some K.W.C stories, a crazy thought for a Godzilla film ran through my head.

Or why not multiple mutated Godzillasaurs who’ve had it worse than him?
On its web site in the Fan Fiction section, G-FAN has a short story on it by Neil Reabe titled "Godzilla vs. Tiamatodon" with the latter being a conjoined twin version of Godzilla. If you can imagine that, you can imagine anything.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:21 am, edited 7 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Godzilla should have no tail, large pendulus gonads, fairy wings instead of spikes, gaint Hulk arms, and a featureless face that looks like a lump of melted flesh. His theme song should be 70s disco music. The movie should star a very pregnant Amy Adams and the corpse of Fatty Arbuckle (look it up). Oh, and Godzilla should be invisible when he's not furiously masturbating and should have access to a time machine.

Weird enough?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:11 am Godzilla should have no tail, large pendulus gonads, fairy wings instead of spikes, gaint Hulk arms, and a featureless face that looks like a lump of melted flesh. His theme song should be 70s disco music. The movie should star a very pregnant Amy Adams and the corpse of Fatty Arbuckle (look it up). Oh, and Godzilla should be invisible when he's not furiously masturbating and should have access to a time machine.

Weird enough?
Worse than Gino.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:13 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:11 am Godzilla should have no tail, large pendulus gonads, fairy wings instead of spikes, gaint Hulk arms, and a featureless face that looks like a lump of melted flesh. His theme song should be 70s disco music. The movie should star a very pregnant Amy Adams and the corpse of Fatty Arbuckle (look it up). Oh, and Godzilla should be invisible when he's not furiously masturbating and should have access to a time machine.

Weird enough?
Worse than Gino.
I can't be 100% sure, but I think it's just possible that might have been Legion's intention. Maybe.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Weird enough?
You forgot to mention he is the biological son of Elvis.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Voyager wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:45 am

Weird enough?
I laughed.
Resized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:45 am

Weird enough?
I mean these moves had to come from somewhere :lol:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would be more accepting of weirdness under one condition : That being that said "weirdness" does not stem from Godzilla's own biology but rather he gets augmented from some outside source. For example, receiving cybernetic implants or getting a power boost by an injection of another kaiju's DNA.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

How about a Godzilla that you can see under the flesh in his chest the burning radiological power? Not Burning G but literally his nuclear organ is like a reactor that's light is permeating his flesh? Or maybe a Godzilla that control animal life around him like sea birds, sea creatures, maybe even plants?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

imposterzilla wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:34 pm How about a Godzilla that you can see under the flesh in his chest the burning radiological power? Not Burning G but literally his nuclear organ is like a reactor that's light is permeating his flesh? Or maybe a Godzilla that control animal life around him like sea birds, sea creatures, maybe even plants?
That has pretty much been a trend since the Monsterverse started.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Could go full Rampage and have Godzilla begin as a person before being mutated into a monster.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

godjacob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am Could go full Rampage and have Godzilla begin as a person before being mutated into a monster.
Wasn't that implied to be the case with Shin?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:21 pm
godjacob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am Could go full Rampage and have Godzilla begin as a person before being mutated into a monster.
I am not sure, thought the implication with Shin was it was some sort of sea life that got mutated by nuclear waste dumped into the sea.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

godjacob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:36 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:21 pm
I am not sure, thought the implication with Shin was it was some sort of sea life that got mutated by nuclear waste dumped into the sea.
And Goro Maki commit suicide by letting him get fused with him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The movie alludes for Goro Maki having a connection, but it is incredibly unclear precisely what that connection is. It’s unclear if he merely discovered the life form that would turn into Godzilla, or altered it. It’s impossible to say if he fused with it, and I don’t think anything in the film supports that conclusion. However, it’s clear that at a certain point he realized what he had discovered, and that’s when he killed himself. It can also be inferred that him not instantly warning everyone of what he had discovered is his revenge within itself. Based on documents in the film, we know that he discovered the organism prior to Kamatakun emerging from Tokyo bay. The suicide can be seen as a full-circle of reconciling with his wife’s death, and an end to his story.

One thing I appreciate about Shin is how it doesn’t pointlessly explain everything that happened. The vague ideas give an idea of what happened but allows people to fill in the blanks.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.