How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by LegendZilla »

How about have Godzilla acquire a powered-mech suit? Trendmasters did it when they had the Godzilla license, so why not have the idea show up in a movie?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by shadowgigan »

I hope they go in a more "normal" direction. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just give me the old one that I know works.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:07 pm I hope they go in a more "normal" direction. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just give me the old one that I know works.
Agreed and well-said.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:07 pm I hope they go in a more "normal" direction. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just give me the old one that I know works.
Which one would that be? Between the Showa and Heisei eras, a lot of things emerged that could be regarded as "traditional" or "classic" takes on Godzilla.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

eabaker wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:39 am
Which one would that be? Between the Showa and Heisei eras, a lot of things emerged that could be regarded as "traditional" or "classic" takes on Godzilla.
I think I agree with your statement. Something with elements of those two series. First, I would give Godzilla a more traditional appearance, and would probably get rid of any “forms.”

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:26 pm How about have Godzilla acquire a powered-mech suit? Trendmasters did it when they had the Godzilla license, so why not have the idea show up in a movie?
Well maybe sooner or later there could be a movie where mankind could be forced to give a armor to Godzilla, we had already get 2 times where Godzilla had need humanity's help for get a power-up:

1) for becoming Super Godzilla and so defeating Bagan Godzilla he needed the Ghidorah cells to be injected in him by humans.

2) for defeating Keizer Ghidorah Godzilla had needed that Shinichi giving his Kaizer's energy to him.

So for me is not impossibile that one day we will see a Godzilla with a armor.

About the Trendmasters version of Godzilla lately I have discovered that there was form of Godzilla called Mega Mutation Godzilla that was consisting into Godzilla boosted and corrupted by Desteroyah's cells. Interesting, so with Super Godzilla and Mega Mutation Godzilla we have 2 Godzilla forms that used the cells of his enemies ( King Ghidorah and Desteroyah) as source of power, really nice for me :)

I think that if there will be a second season of Singular Point it can be that Godzilla may have a new form that can make him more like a Cosmic Horror Entity.

There is also the Shin Japan Heroes Universe, who knows if that crossover will give a power-up to Shin Godzilla that it could be in some way related with the sci-fi stuff of Evangelion, Ultraman and Kamen Raider? After all already exist a fusion between Godzilla with Evangelion 13 in Monster Strike and a action figure of a Evangelion Unit 01 mutated by Godzill's cells.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know, when it comes to Toho experimenting with Godzilla's color, i wonder if we'll ever see an albino Godzilla like this one.

Think it's honestly the only color that works for Godzilla other than gray, green or brown TBH.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:28 pm Y'know, when it comes to Toho experimenting with Godzilla's color, i wonder if we'll ever see an albino Godzilla like this one.

Think it's honestly the only color that works for Godzilla other than gray, green or brown TBH.
Maybe he could turn albino from a power-up.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:28 pm Y'know, when it comes to Toho experimenting with Godzilla's color, i wonder if we'll ever see an albino Godzilla like this one.

What if we had a white Godzilla with obsidian-black dorsal plates?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla being a heavenly angel sent by God to protect humanity.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:40 pm Please no. I’ll do anything for that not to happen.
And yet people were fine with the polar opposite of such an idea, that being GMK.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 pm And yet people were fine with the polar opposite of such an idea, that being GMK.
Yes, funny how people people can be behind an idea yet be against the polar opposite of that idea. Boggles the mind. Truly.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Smuggers wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:57 am
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 pm And yet people were fine with the polar opposite of such an idea, that being GMK.
Yes, funny how people people can be behind an idea yet be against the polar opposite of that idea. Boggles the mind. Truly.
It’s almost like they don’t want it because it’s not what they want.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 pm Godzilla being a heavenly angel sent by God to protect humanity.
They already did that idea

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:02 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 pm Godzilla being a heavenly angel sent by God to protect humanity.
They already did that idea
When?
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voyager wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:04 pm When?
Well not actually to protect humanity but more like a warning
https://youtu.be/VPcxLlUTt5c
Go up to the last one
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SharkLord
Yojimbo

Post by SharkLord »

Godzilla fights another Godzilla. Not like a doppelganger or a clone like MechaG or SpaceG, just Godzilla vs. Godzilla. Godzilla would win, of course, but I think it would be fun to see.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SharkLord wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:41 pm Godzilla fights another Godzilla. Not like a doppelganger or a clone like MechaG or SpaceG, just Godzilla vs. Godzilla. Godzilla would win, of course, but I think it would be fun to see.
What better way to do that than going full multiverse?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:51 pm What better way to do that than going full multiverse?
...how about just having another Godzilla exist...?

Enough of this "multiverse" bullshit.