How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by LegendZilla »

AllosaurHell wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:13 pm - Godzilla having hair and horns like the Polygon trilogy concept art.
If they went with the dragon route I could see that.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by AllosaurHell »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 pm
AllosaurHell wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:13 pm - Godzilla having hair and horns like the Polygon trilogy concept art.
If they went with the dragon route I could see that.
I feel like even if they make Godzilla a dragon with hair and horns, his hair should be not furry but instead very thin like an elephant's and the horns be smaller, more like what is present on an Allosaurus' eye ridges.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

A spinosaurus-like crest could be cool.
For Emperor and Empire!

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

A suitmation Godzilla movie in 202X :)

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Might not be a “great” idea, but it would be interesting to make him a literal living storm of sorts. I say it’s not great because it could end up like “Galactus” from the rise of the silver surfer movie. But using that concept of something so natural and unstoppable is very much a Godzilla motif, and I’d be interested in seeing a Godzilla that becomes a living storm. Wouldn’t be far from singular point’s visuals with the red dust, I reckon.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Not necessarily "weirder" but I'd like to see a Godzilla that doesn't need powerups to win his battles. Sure, he didn't get a powerup in GvK but what I mean is a Godzilla that can overcome powerful foes in different ways. Whether that be endurance or Godzilla outsmarting his opponent, I'm all for it.

Now if they had to do powerups I'd be fine with it done in the vein showing something that establishes it beforehand like the magnetic powers, although maybe that falls under a learned skill more so than a powerup.

Edit: Actually, the suitmation Gigan short is a good example of what I'm looking for. Sure since it was a short there was only so much that could be done, however I still love the idea of Godzilla turning the tide the way he did in that. Just keeping the fight up.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:04 pmA spinosaurus-like crest could be cool.
Agree, I love the Spinosaurus. See it used for a new Godzilla for me would be nice.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

Eyes that are permanently bulging out due to his mutation.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojiX98 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:20 am
Voyager wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:04 pmA spinosaurus-like crest could be cool.
Agree, I love the Spinosaurus. See it used for a new Godzilla for me would be nice.
These days I’m favouring the Allosaurus crests for Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

It was nice seeing a slightly more 'traditional' Godzilla in Minus One (especially in the face), but I'd wish they'd push it further and bring back the rocky skin texture, smooth bone white fins, etc. It'd be nice to see Godzilla with bigger fangs and claws again too rather than tiny needle teeth and dainty little hands.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

tbeasley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:25 pm It was nice seeing a slightly more 'traditional' Godzilla in Minus One (especially in the face), but I'd wish they'd push it further and bring back the rocky skin texture, smooth bone white fins, etc. It'd be nice to see Godzilla with bigger fangs and claws again too rather than tiny needle teeth and dainty little hands.
I basically want an updated Ghidogoji to be honest.