What made you huh?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: What made you huh?

Post by Maritonic »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:49 am Been taking a break from coffee/caffeine these last few days being off of work. Haven't made a pot of coffee since Friday morning and felt relatively fine until Sunday evening. Over the past two days, I've had a pretty bad depression set in and I never thought the reason being a symptom of caffeine withdraw, which is a legit thing. Never knew depression was actually a symptom of caffeine withdraw until just now and upon just making a pot and drinking a cup... I feel better almost instantly.

Not exactly the best way to handle it, but man do I feel better.

I'm not a caffeine junky or anything and only drink a small pot of coffee a day usually, spread out throughout my 10 hour work day. Or hell, maybe I am? I don't get wired or jittery from it. Sodas and the like are usually regulated to when I go out or am with people. Otherwise, I just drink various juices, water and milk. But it seems my body got so used to that coffee that dropping it two days ago when off work really put me through the ropes. NEVER had that happen before.
Good on you for being able to go even that long. Any time I've ever tried to cut out coffee I've lasted *MAYBE* a day. though I think having an energetic toddler contributes to that. I just can't do it, I need my 3 cups a day.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maritonic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:49 am Been taking a break from coffee/caffeine these last few days being off of work. Haven't made a pot of coffee since Friday morning and felt relatively fine until Sunday evening. Over the past two days, I've had a pretty bad depression set in and I never thought the reason being a symptom of caffeine withdraw, which is a legit thing. Never knew depression was actually a symptom of caffeine withdraw until just now and upon just making a pot and drinking a cup... I feel better almost instantly.

Not exactly the best way to handle it, but man do I feel better.

I'm not a caffeine junky or anything and only drink a small pot of coffee a day usually, spread out throughout my 10 hour work day. Or hell, maybe I am? I don't get wired or jittery from it. Sodas and the like are usually regulated to when I go out or am with people. Otherwise, I just drink various juices, water and milk. But it seems my body got so used to that coffee that dropping it two days ago when off work really put me through the ropes. NEVER had that happen before.
Good on you for being able to go even that long. Any time I've ever tried to cut out coffee I've lasted *MAYBE* a day. though I think having an energetic toddler contributes to that. I just can't do it, I need my 3 cups a day.
Thanks, but I wasn't really doing it on purpose. I've been off work until Wednesday and wake up later and got more sleep. Didn't need the caffeine boost like I do on a work day and... Yeah. Body just started going "Where the fuck is my coffee!!!??" without me realizing what was setting off and magnifying by depression.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I cut out caffeine a while back. The withdrawals hit hard for a few days there, mostly through headaches, eye irritation, and general misery, but faded after a week or so. I was able to go about a year with virtually no caffeine, just a Coke once a month or something, but the temptation doesn't go away. It doesn't help that our society just shoves caffeinated drinks in our faces 24/7; you can't escape from them. If you're anywhere near civilization, you're surrounded by them at all times. Eventually I started working nights, and used the accompanying sleep deprivation as my pretext to break like a damn egg. I'm back to drinking at least two cans of caffeinated sludge water a day.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, I did some research on Godzilla Island (A.K.A, just look at Wikizilla articles) and I found out about an "original" monster from the show from Jigora.
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Jigora

It is literally just a recolored Godzilla Junior figure with a yellow streak added to its back, and the roar it has is just a reversed Showa Godzilla roar. But its apparently a whole species of aliens that share no relation to Godzilla at all.

This is not a joke. This is a legitimate part of Godzilla Island lore.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Godzilla vs. Kong in terms of plot is basically a mismash of the following.

-Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zod-Doomsday, King Ghidorah-Mechagodzilla)
-Edgar Rice Burroughs's Pellucidar (Hollow Earth subplot and gravitational anomalies)
-King Kong Escapes (Kong being brought to cold environment and being used to find energy source)
-King Kong vs. Godzilla 1962 (Title and battle between titular monsters)
-Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris (Godzilla going "rogue", faces kaiju with bonds to girls, human characters who wants revenge on titular monsters for personal family reasons, and exploring origin of monsters)
-Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 1974 (Mechagodzilla in the film and alien origin, Godzilla "teaming-up" with mammalian kaiju)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 25, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:59 am I cut out caffeine a while back. The withdrawals hit hard for a few days there, mostly through headaches, eye irritation, and general misery, but faded after a week or so. I was able to go about a year with virtually no caffeine, just a Coke once a month or something, but the temptation doesn't go away. It doesn't help that our society just shoves caffeinated drinks in our faces 24/7; you can't escape from them. If you're anywhere near civilization, you're surrounded by them at all times. Eventually I started working nights, and used the accompanying sleep deprivation as my pretext to break like a damn egg. I'm back to drinking at least two cans of caffeinated sludge water a day.
No, you're absolutely right. There's definitely a societal factor with this. Ultimately, for me, I just figured it's not really worth the stress of giving it up. I have 2-3 cups of coffee a day, I VERY rarely drink soda, and my coffee is black. So, it's not the worst thing.

Like I said with MM, I admire your ability to give it up for that long.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I thought an R-rated prequel animated series with Velma was absurd.

But now...

I'm hearing there's going to be a horror movie on Winnie the Pooh.

What in the skreeonk?

What's next? An adult Pingu comedy? Pingu becoming a depressed self-loathing low-life akin to Bojack Horseman? That wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu May 26, 2022 6:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:46 am I thought an R-rated prequel animated series with Velma was absurd.

But now...

What in the skreeonk?

What's next? An adult Pingu comedy? Pingu becoming a depressed self-loathing low-life akin to Bojack Horseman? That wouldn't surprise me at this point.
How about that shitty Better Call Saul cartoon? Media is imploding lol
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:46 am I thought an R-rated prequel animated series with Velma was absurd.

But now...

What in the skreeonk?

Literally the best part of Winnie the Pooh becoming public domain is the fact stuff like THIS can happen and Disney has no way to legally sue people over it. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

As soon as you know it. We'll probably be getting an R-rated Garfield show.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, Linkin Park is heavily linked with Gundam.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The upcoming Death Battle Hercules vs. Sun Wukong.

Ironically they're both the inspiration for Superman and Goku only with the originals given evidence Sun Wukong should win.

The originals: Sun Wukong (Goku) wins. Hercules (Superman) loses.
The characters inspired by them: Superman (Hercules) wins. Goku (Sun Wukong) loses.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

What made me huh is that this thread isn't titled "What Made You GO Huh?"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

You know those crazy thoughts you get when you're smoking? Yeah, this:

There's people being born RIGHT NOW that'll be alive during 2100. And I don't know how to feel.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:50 pm You know those crazy thoughts you get when you're smoking? Yeah, this:

There's people being born RIGHT NOW that'll be alive during 2100. And I don't know how to feel.
Pfffft if we get there. At the rate things are going in this crazy world. I wouldn't give us even a 100 years right now.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:50 pm There's people being born RIGHT NOW that'll be alive during 2100. And I don't know how to feel.
MM really just fucked up my high.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Dwayne Johnson being the Adam Sandler of action movies.

Now I'm suddenly imagining a movie starring those two. Lol.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I discovered a phobia called "submechanophobia". It's a fear of submerged man-made objects. This is what I have. I never heard of it until today, but ever since I was in my elementary years, I had weird and somewhat negative feeling whenever I see stuff like shipwrecks underwater. I though I was the only one who had this feeling until I found out about submechanophobia and learned that other people have the same thing. So, not only do I have helminthophobia, but submechanophobia as well.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The Cutting Room definitely got an interesting update for the Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla section. Beyond Emperor Ghidorah being revealed to actually be the earliest version of Keizer Ghidorah, we also got..

Godzilla vs. Cthulhu
Godzilla vs. Qilin (a dragon/horse hybrid of Chinese mythology)
Another Heisei remake of Godzilla vs. King Kong
Godzilla vs. King Goku.. which sounds like he was supposed to be some sort of Kong stand in.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

So the trailer for the new DND movie dropped today and... it actually looks like a lot of fun? Remains to see if it'll be any good, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it looks. Count me as excited!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.