Kaiju Dreams

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Re: Kaiju Dreams

Post by Al Diplodocus »

I actually had a dream of seeing this talking liopleurodon kaiju mediate between Godzilla in Kong in GvK.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:19 pm
edgaguirus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:08 pm A recent one was like a bad Syfy movie. A group of people go to a remote island, and then encounter several giant creatures there; A spider, mantis, bat, shark, and this weird cat sized starfish like thing. The characters become separated, and one group learns that the old man was once part of a team of scientist who did research on the island. He went back to see if any of their experiments survived. The characters hide in old storage buildings, and use whatever is available to create weapons. They set the giant bat on fire, and the old man is stalked by the starfish thing. The guide seeks to reunite the group, but must cross some water first. He tries to be bait for the giant shark so that the others can stay alive, but the dream ends before I see if he gets eaten or not.
I think you meant to write this old man since you didn't memtion him earlier.
Is the cat-sized starfish like cat cat sized, or like lion-sized? Would be hard for it to stalk if it were housecat-sized.

I now dub the movie Monster Mountain, starring Chaz Palmitari as the old man in a blatant paycheck role, coming this summer around the time of another, better film!
I remember it being house cat size.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Forgot about this immediately after waking up and remembered just now so I'm gonna jot it down here before I forget again. Basically, there was some sort of animated Godzilla thing that dropped on YouTube with King Ghidorah in it. I was suprised that he was there so maybe it was SP. Anyways, King Ghidorah looked... nothing like King Ghidorah at all. He was this black sea slug-looking thing with yellow spots on his "wings". But from there on, he started evolving to look more and more like classic KG. That's all I remember.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I had a dream that Godzilla vs. Kong released the night after I saw the trailer.
It was just weird garbled shit that looked like early 2000s animation spliced with clips from the trailer. At the end, the Warbat clip played, but instead of Kong slamming it against the wall, it grew to a massive size and attacked him. I don't remember who won. Might have woken up before any fighting actually happened.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So apparently, I made and performed an Ultraman play in the house. It was based on the first series but with some pretty major changes. First off, there was no SSSP. The main character/Ultraman's host (played by me) wore the classic uniform and had the weapons but there were no others who did so. Also, there were two versions of Ultraman somehow, the first being the one to save the protag's life (off-screen) and fight Bemular while the second was in every Ultraman scene afterwards. I'm not sure of the specifics. Did he die to Bemular and get replaced by a twin? Did he evolve Nexus-style? Is this some meta BS to explain the different masks? I need explanations, brain!

Anyways, I don't remember any of the monsters that Ultraman fought, other than the aforementioned Bemular and a big flower that looked like a mix of different plant kaiju: the basic shape of Biollante, the pink petal colors of Megadrake, and the petals of Gijera. The whole play was lit by orange lights, actually intentional on my part. I guess it was to look like the OG show's promo pictures, which sometimes have that orangish look. I can't remember what happened in the ending but when I was walking out, I heard a girl's voice (don't know who) say she thinks the main character was the second Ultraman. I chuckled a bit before changing out of the SSSP uniform costume and then, I woke up.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 am Forgot about this immediately after waking up and remembered just now so I'm gonna jot it down here before I forget again. Basically, there was some sort of animated Godzilla thing that dropped on YouTube with King Ghidorah in it. I was suprised that he was there so maybe it was SP. Anyways, King Ghidorah looked... nothing like King Ghidorah at all. He was this black sea slug-looking thing with yellow spots on his "wings". But from there on, he started evolving to look more and more like classic KG. That's all I remember.
This is a nifty idea! That sea slug design could be an interesting take on the Dorats.

Back when I was much younger, I dreamt much more frequently. I remember having several dreams that more-or-less involved Godzilla, though the details are a bit foggy as this was a long time ago. I'll try and recall three of them for this post.

1. In the first one, I was staying at a hotel in an unfamiliar city. In my mind I knew the city was Osaka, though I have no idea if the cityscape in my dream actually resembled the real Osaka- I'm sure it didn't. I was standing on the balcony of my hotel room at night when I suddenly had a premonition of sorts, a feeling that something bad was going to happen. I decided to take a walk in a nearby park, close enough to the hotel that I could see it. It was a large, black, modern-looking skyscraper with lots of glass- didn't really look like a hotel at all, but it stood apart from the rest of the buildings in the city. At that point, I heard a familiar roar, and saw Godzilla (GMK design) emerge from the ocean. He immediately charged up his atomic breath and fired it over my head, directly at my hotel and destroyed the building instantly. I felt relieved that I had escaped before the attack. Curiously, Godzilla's breath was a distinctive purple color, despite this dream predating Shin Godzilla by several years.

2. In the second dream, I was watching a Godzilla film instead of directly participating in it. The film was Godzilla Final Wars, but I only saw a single scene, and it was distinctly different from anything that had happened in the movie. It was the final battle where Godzilla faces off against Monster X, but instead of taking place in the destroyed ruins of Tokyo, it was set in some kind of enormous metropolis. The buildings were several times taller and wider than any of the monsters, covered in solid gold and appeared to be built in the art deco style. I was keenly aware that the monsters had not been shrunken, but that the city was simply absolutely and utterly massive. After some brief sparring in the streets, Monster X began to scale one of the buildings much like how King Kong climbed the Empire State Building (appropriate size comparison), and Godzilla began climbing it to follow him. Unfortunately, this is where the dream ended.

3. The third dream was easily the scariest. There's a road in my neighborhood that doesn't have any houses built on it. While pleasant in the daytime, it was very poorly lit at night until recently, and quickly became rather spooky if you were out after dark. The road is surrounded by thick, dense forest on both sides, with some moist and swampy areas in some parts. Naturally, my dream took place here. I was walking there in complete darkness, and while the road was there, I had the sense that I was far from civilization and hopelessly alone. For whatever reason, I was searching for Godzilla and hoping to find him in the forest, and I was aware that every step took me deeper and further into an increasingly hostile woods. It was so dark that I couldn't see my own hand in front of my face, but whenever I came across clearings in the woods, there was some dim light. For some reason, the entire dream was monochrome and I could only see in black and white.

I knew that to find Godzilla, I had to speak to "the dead woman" who would know his location. I came across her in a murky river, where she was lying face down like a drowned corpse. She was dressed in white robes and had long black hair that hung in front of her face, ALA Sadako from The Ring. When I called out to her, she very slowly but deliberately stood up in the stream- I asked her where I could find Godzilla and she told me. I left and continued on some more until I came to another clearing in the forest, where I heard loud, booming footsteps and the sounds of crashing trees coming every closer. When I looked up, I saw the trees falling until Godzilla (GMK design) was looming over me, his dead, milky white eyes staring down at me. Thankfully, I woke up at this point.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

^ Damn, that is freaky.

I witnessed a boxing match between Showa Godzilla and Final Wars. Showa won obviously 8-)
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

This morning I had a weird one. It occurs in a high school setting, with a pair of girls and me. One girl is nice, and the other is an attractive, but mean, goth. I have the power to transform into Manda, and I turn into the huge serpent and slither around the library. Despite me being a giant monster, the library is undamaged, and only the goth notices me. The goth doesn't turn me into the principal, but reveals she can turn into a normal size serpent. I feel more attracted to her. It ends there.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:18 pm This morning I had a weird one. It occurs in a high school setting, with a pair of girls and me. One girl is nice, and the other is an attractive, but mean, goth. I have the power to transform into Manda, and I turn into the huge serpent and slither around the library. Despite me being a giant monster, the library is undamaged, and only the goth notices me. The goth doesn't turn me into the principal, but reveals she can turn into a normal size serpent. I feel more attracted to her. It ends there.
Well, that was...something.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I did say it was weird.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

My dreams are usually either a recollation of past events or random subconcious nonsense so sadly I rarely get more coherent ones, but there was a rather amusing one I dreamt up last month. I was watching some sort of bootleg version of KOTM that, while otherwise normal, for whatever reason had a bunch of Arabic overdubbing and memes- for the monsters none the less lmao. One notable moment was when the Arab Nokia ringtone played over Godzilla's entrance in Boston and it immediately shifted to Godzilla and Ghidorah angrily screaming insults at each other during their fighting ala "Memri TV" while the search for Madison was going on. At one point I think the English subtitles below had Ghidorah say something along the lines of "I swear by Allah you will feel the wrath of my shoe". It was so utterly random hilarious :lol:

Also, this was Rodan's theme whenever he appeared:
https://youtu.be/6Ev3Sp20sDM
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Dv-218 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:33 pm My dreams are usually either a recollation of past events or random subconcious nonsense so sadly I rarely get more coherent ones, but there was a rather amusing one I dreamt up last month. I was watching some sort of bootleg version of KOTM that, while otherwise normal, for whatever reason had a bunch of Arabic overdubbing and memes- for the monsters none the less lmao. One notable moment was when the Arab Nokia ringtone played over Godzilla's entrance in Boston and it immediately shifted to Godzilla and Ghidorah angrily screaming insults at each other during their fighting ala "Memri TV" while the search for Madison was going on. At one point I think the English subtitles below had Ghidorah say something along the lines of "I swear by Allah you will feel the wrath of my shoe". It was so utterly random hilarious :lol:

Also, this was Rodan's theme whenever he appeared:
https://youtu.be/6Ev3Sp20sDM
It is legally required that someone makes this into a video.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzilla vs Hedorah 2021 premiered and it turns out that Toho, for some reason, had replaced FinalGoji with MireGoji via some really janky green-screen.

Also, there was an announcement involving Moguera, Varan, and some other kaiju I forgot the identity of. I don't know what the announcement was but my best guess is Bandai vinyls.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:07 amAlso, there was an announcement involving Moguera, Varan, and some other kaiju I forgot the identity of. I don't know what the announcement was but my best guess is Bandai vinyls.
This feels like something that could actually happen.

Anyway, I'm sorry to clutter this thread with my nonsense, but I last night experienced another Godzilla-related dream. Actually, it might be more accurate to say that I reexperienced a Godzilla-related dream. See, there's two things I remember about the dream:

1. Most of the dream was material that I could not recall, though I can definitely say it had nothing to do with Godzilla. Only the tail end of the dream was Kaiju-related.
2. The end part of the dream, which stayed with me when I woke up, was a "replay" of sorts that I had years prior. I had forgotten about it, but upon waking up I was 100% positive that I had already had this dream, probably around 2017-2018.

Out of all of the dreams I've had where I'm watching a movie inside the dream, this dream's movie was probably the most grounded of them all. The reason I say that I first experienced in 2017 or 2018 is because it feels slightly influenced by Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I'm thinking I had seen a trailer/read insider information, but not actually seen the movie yet. These elements should become apparent later.

Inside the dream, I was at a theater watching the midnight premiere of "Godzilla 2", the sequel to Godzilla 2014. The whole film had a strange, melancholy, bittersweet tone to it. Every scene was either set at night, or it was raining, or both. There were many long panning shots of cities that felt strangely reminiscent of noir movies, though the cities themselves appeared both modern and saturated. An interesting thing to note is that, from my point of view, I felt like I was simultaneously watching the film from the theater but also inside the film, looking out of the eyes of its primary characters.

The main character was an older man who was trying to rekindle a relationship with his estranged daughter (this is part of why I feel like the movie was influenced by KOTM, though the daughter was an adult.) The first scene followed this man as he attended a wedding- it was not his daughter's wedding. The reception was being held on a large, luxurious party boat in the city bay, and the interior was a black and white ballroom. I don't mean that the film became black and white in there, but rather that everything in the room was either marble white or jet black. The only exception to this was the floor, which was made of reinforced glass, allowing the guests to see into the murky blackness of the water below them. This is where the "antagonist" of the film made its debut, the other monster which I knew Godzilla would fight later on; An enormous, prehistoric fish covered in bony plating, very similar in appearance to a Dunkleostus. It slowly swam under the vessel, gazing upwards at its inhabitants. Oddly, there was no panic, and nobody even seemed to notice except for our depressed protagonist, who only gazed back at it this eerie sight.

The next scene transitioned to an oil rig in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, in the midst of a hurricane. This is another part that I think must have been influenced by KOTM, though there was no underwater base- it was just an oil rig. The scene was utter chaos- safety systems failing, workers scrambling to batten down the hatches, that sort of thing. The situation gets incredibly more dangerous when Godzilla arrives, looking as he did in Godzilla 2014. He immediately begins smashing the oil rig, and the film follows one worker as he survives by using some kind of cable to rappel down to an escape vessel.

Unfortunately, the only other part of the dream I remember is walking out of the theater, feeling like I had thoroughly enjoyed the film. While I didn't "see" any of these things, I remember thinking that the film had progressed and that I had a notion that I had seen it: I remember thinking that Godzilla fought the fish monster (and that it was thoroughly enjoyable) and that our protagonist was not able to reconnect with his daughter, but they both felt at peace with their estranged relationship (hence bittersweet.)

I have to say, I'm glad that I got an opportunity to "recall" this dream- I can't believe I'd forgotten it and it might actually be my favorite of all the ones I've had. I think it reflects a sort of "hidden desire" that I have regarding the Monsterverse. While I've enjoyed KOTM and the other films, there's a part of me that wishes things had stayed more "consistent" in the universe, that Gareth Edwards had stayed in control, that the films had maintained the grounded atmosphere of the first one, and that they had kept doing original monsters rather than adapting the Toho monsters. Still, I'm happy with what we've got, but I can't help but wonder how things would be if they'd gone a different route.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

A new MonsterVerse compilation DVD got released, known as Godzilla Bravery. The cover was pretty shoddy, with a generic dinosaur font and a picture of Shin Godzilla charging up a blue atomic heat ray. The big thing about this DVD set, though, was its special features. Around 15 animated shorts were made specifically for this set. They kinda looked like Vrahno videos but with worse-quality models. For example, Godzilla was light-grey for some reason and basically had no roughness to his skin at all. Rokmutul and Anguirus were also there, the latter getting a pretty meh redesign. As for the shorts themselves, I can only remember a couple of them. There was one called Repticulo, centering around Rokmutul and another Titan who I can't recall. Another one had all of the characters as LEGO minifigs walking to the right side of the screen. However, the one I most remember was... completely different. It was a Let's Play, with a whole bunch of YouTube gamers involved. They were playing some sort of RPG, maybe a Godzilla one but I can't be certain. They went in a cave, started fighting a lava boss, and got absolutely slaughtered. When it cut to CrankGameplays' perspective, he found a Text Viewpoint option. Immediately, he started typing a very dramatic description of the unfolding events. He called his fellow players fascists in said description, which I found pretty funny. That's really all I can remember.

SharkLord
Yojimbo

Post by SharkLord »

I had a dream a while back about a trailer for Godzilla 3. I vaguely remember it, but from what I can piece together, we saw Godzilla fighting Biollante, Varan's roar, and a shot of a really demonic-looking Destoroyah.

After that, I decided to myself that I'd figure out a way to somehow make a coherent plot regarding those three kaiju, so I whipped up some original concepts to add to the vague outline of the dream. My plan was that Biollante was made as normal, a broken scientist trying to revive his daughter, except Micro-Oxygen was involved somehow. Destoroyah would also be awakened as normal. Also I'd work in Anguirus somehow; He wasn't in the dream but I just really like Anguirus and I think he deserves a spot.

Varan would have the biggest difference; He'd be physically weak, but he was also adapted to feed off of Micro-Oxygen, and would emit an enzyme that breaks down Micro-Oxygen - And, by extension, Destoroyah. As such, Varan would be hunting down Destoroyahs at the start, but then quickly bail out once Destoroyah grows up and becomes strong enough to fight off Varan, leaving stronger kaiju like Godzilla and Biollante to deal with him. However, Varan would come back at the end, once Destoroyah had been worn down by everyone else's combined forces, allowing Varan to melt down and devour Destoroyah alive.

...Yeah, I think I unwittingly gave Varan a major buff, working on this dream-outline :lol:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Basically, I was able to go to a test screening of the fifth MonsterVerse movie. None of the people that have been confirmed to be appearing were there. Instead, the main characters are a younger and older man, the latter played by Harrison Ford. Despite how it sounds, they weren't like Joe and Ford Brody at all, more like some sort of adventurers. They eventually find a monster, too small to be a kaiju but still pretty big. I really like how it looked but it might be hard to describe; imagine a bulldog-thing with crocodile skin, the snout of a spinosaur for a head, and at least two tails. I don't fully remember it having eyes but they might have been in an unconventional place, kinda like the Taotei in The Great Wall if anyone remembers that.

Anyways, a chase scene ensued on this giant vine akin to something on the 2005 Skull Island. They escape through means I can't recall and then, we get a short scene of the older adventurer in a small room using some sort of clear "scientific" hammer to measure the thing's bite force. I compared the scene to a Looney Tunes joke for some reason, maybe the echoey sound the hammers were making? After that, we suddenly cut to... a scene from Captain America: Civil War? Except, I'm pretty sure this scene from Civil War never existed. The two teams are engaging in a dogfight that at some point goes through a collapsing building. When they come out the other side, Wanda makes some sort of portal that Spider-Man (who's in the 2017 homemade suit) can't evade in time. He gets transported to somewhere that I can't remember but still knew full well was in the MonsterVerse universe. Then, the dream ended.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I remember most of the dream. These urban explorers are looking around an abandoned warehouse, and they find a Mechaebirah. It has a longer body than Ebirah, but has the same head and claws. They take the mech for a cruise around the world, visiting European cities, and no one seems to mind seeing a giant robot crustacean in their waters. And somehow the mech is able to traverse the canals of Venice. The explorers then allow a guest on board, and the inside of the mech seems more like an apartment. That's when I woke up.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Actually had my first Godzilla dream ever. Godzilla was only a relatively minor part. Don't remember much but I remember something like a storm was coming but instead of a storm it was Godzilla. Shin specifically but it was an evolved version taking on elements of the Legendary Godzilla. It had Shin's tail, mouth, and overall face but the back of the head and neck and elements of the spines were more like the 2019.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I had a dream that I went to a fencing match between Ultraman Orb Hurricane Slash and Ultraman Belial Atrocious. Belial won.