Kaiju Dreams

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Kaiju Dreams

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Discuss and Describe any weird dreams you’ve had involving Toho Kaiju. I’ve had a few very specific weird ones, mainly involving me finding incredibly obscure “non existent Kaiju films”. Describe them as much as possible, in as much detail as possible. Get as trippy or as nonsensical as possible.

Anyways, last night, I had a dream involving me watching King Kong vs Varan (yeah). King Kong in the film had a TAIL, until Varan bit it off. Anyways, in my dream, there was a prettt brutal scene where Varan ate a bunch of explorers that were hiding out in trees. Varans head poked through the trees and just grabbed them. After that there were some other scenes flashing in my mind, like a fight between Varan and Kong but it was all cool
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Re: Kaiju Dreams

Post by MinorBone Good »

I once had a dream where Dogora and Gezora were fighting each other, but Dogora won and started to 'eat' Gezora. Dogora soon mutated and grew some of Gezora's eyes and tentacles randomly over it's body. It then started to blanket the entire city with black fog, which caused people's skin to turn into ink and turn them into jellyfish people.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I had two weird dreams about Monsterverse films.

First, was me in the theater watching a different Kong Skull Island teaser where it turned out Skullcrawlers were juvenile Ghidorahs.

Second was me watching Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and it was weird.

It started with Millie Bobby Brown character and her parents getting on a plane. Millie gets scared and doesn't get on, which is good as the plane ends up being destroyed by Rodan. Millie is raised by Kyle and Russel and soon forms a bond with Rodan, which is remarkably mature. Anyways, Ghidorah shows up and starts fighting Godzilla. Mothra appears and convinces Millie to send Rodan with her. They then work together...to get them to stop fighting. See in the dream, GHIDORAH ISN'T THE VILLAN. He's part GMK guardian and part Rodan' s role in GTTHM. Anyways, the 4 team up and fight some sorta villain who looked like a massive, Biollante sized Skullcrawler, which I think might have been Ramarak.

Here's hoping I didn't just spoil Godzilla:KOM.

RIP Evan.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

First of all, I'd like to say that I really hope I am not overstepping my boundaries in reviving this thread. Last night I had a kaiju-related dream and I wanted to talk about it somewhere, and this thread seemed to be the most appropriate place.

It's rare for me to have dreams that are related to Toho media, but last night as an exception. Thankfully, the dream was highly "clear"- I wouldn't call it a lucid dream but there was more detail to what I was seeing than usual and said details stuck with me long after I woke up. In the dream, I was watching a film that appeared to be in either the late Heisei or early Millenium era. The design of Godzilla was very similar to the suit used in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla/Tokyo S.O.S, AKA KiryuGoji. The film opened with Godzilla emerging from the bay and attacking Tokyo in the early afternoon. It cut to the perspective of the "main character", a beleaguered salaryman driving on an elevated highway trying to escape the chaos. Godzilla attacks the highway but is stopped from destroying it by none other than D.C's very own Superman, who knocks Godzilla over by ramming into his chest. I remember thinking (in the dream) that this was a "cool cameo" and made a lot of sense, though I did not feel the same way when I woke up.

Anyway, Godzilla ends up either killing or severely injuring Superman and retreats into the ocean. From this point on, the film took on a much darker and more surreal tone. The Japanese Government decides that it's time to finish off Godzilla "once and for all" (exact words) and that no measure is too extreme to achieve this end. They begin developing a "countermeasure" inside of an utterly massive industrial site, easily the size of a city. Multiple large spaceships, which resembled Star Destroyers, were floating above the site. There was a brief glimpse inside, the whole area was bathed in red "emergency" lights and possessed these huge tanks with preserved Godzilla embryos in them that looked slightly like Baby Godzilla from GvMGII. While at no point was it ever revealed what the countermeasure was, multiple "characters" (random people) gave their opinion that the government was "going too far" by pursuing this option. Not that it might not work or that it might backfire, but rather that the sheer act of doing it was crossing the moral line, even if it meant destroying Godzilla. I woke up not long after this, which was unfortunate as I was highly curious to see where it would go. While it wasn't a nightmare, it left me with a feeling of intense dread that persisted even after I woke up.

The only other Kaiju-related dream I've had was several months ago and involved similar circumstances. In the dream, I was watching a Godzilla film that was a combination of two films in the Heisei era: Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth. It was as if the plots of the two films were somehow happening concurrently: and it one point, it'd be showing the cast GvKG, then in the next scene it'd cut to the cast of GvM, then back to GvKG, etc. Eventually, the characters started meeting and new scenes started to happen. Instead of going back to World War II, the Futurians took the main cast of GvKG and travelled back in time thousands of years to prehistoric times, during the time of Mothra and Battra. They landed in a vast underground temple where Battra's egg was located, only for Battra to hatch and attack them. Again, this was unfortunately the last thing I saw, but I can only assume the film ended with a massive showdown between Godzilla, Mecha King Ghidorah, Mothra and Battra.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Back in 2019, some time after the first Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer was revealed, I had a dream that I was watching the movie in the theatre. But this was in an alternate reality because I noticed that I was watching the movie with my grandmother who was somehow still alive and an unnamed cousin of mine who didn't resemble any of my real cousins. Also, the movie was released some time after Millie Bobbie Brown died. I don't know how she died, but that's what happened in my dream.

I woke up so confused and a little freaked out.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:30 pm Back in 2019, some time after the first Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer was revealed, I had a dream that I was watching the movie in the theatre. But this was in an alternate reality because I noticed that I was watching the movie with my grandmother who was somehow still alive and an unnamed cousin of mine who didn't resemble any of my real cousins. Also, the movie was released some time after Millie Bobbie Brown died. I don't know how she died, but that's what happened in my dream.

Those dreams where people who are dead are alive and people who are alive are dead are always a little freaky. Do you happen to remember if you ever saw the movie itself in the dream? If so, what was it like? I'm always curious to hear what people's subconscious thoughts are on a movie, especially if it reflects their expectations before its release. The above post from SoggyNoodles in 2018 is a great example.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

TheLastGezora wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:41 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:30 pm Back in 2019, some time after the first Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer was revealed, I had a dream that I was watching the movie in the theatre. But this was in an alternate reality because I noticed that I was watching the movie with my grandmother who was somehow still alive and an unnamed cousin of mine who didn't resemble any of my real cousins. Also, the movie was released some time after Millie Bobbie Brown died. I don't know how she died, but that's what happened in my dream.

Those dreams where people who are dead are alive and people who are alive are dead are always a little freaky. Do you happen to remember if you ever saw the movie itself in the dream? If so, what was it like? I'm always curious to hear what people's subconscious thoughts are on a movie, especially if it reflects their expectations before its release. The above post from SoggyNoodles in 2018 is a great example.
I think only a few scenes from the first trailer were in that dream. One of them being the scene where Madison Russell is at the top of the building in Boston right when the storm reaches her location.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I've had a few. There was a dream where a giant yellow lizard was attacking a city, and the city was burning and destroyed. In an underground bunker, myself, others, and the military discuss what to do about the menacing lizard. One of the people suggests that the military destroy it from the inside. The dream ended there.

With Toho kaiju, I had a dream where I see two small monsters fighting. With each attack the monsters grow in size and gain new features, such as one growing spikes on its body. In the end, one monster becomes Desghidorah, and the other turns in Biollante. Desghidorah presses the attack, but Biollante lashes out with laser vines, similar to Legion, and they cut through Desghidorah. The three headed monster backs off.

In another Mothra is crashing its way through a city, and gets hit by a bomb. Mothra is destroyed. A pair of reporters and another man go into an office building that's designed like a maze. The reporters go to a bathroom, and see a piece of moving slime on the floor. The piece is small, but they run from it. The three people get out of the building just in time, as a reborn Mothra, caterpillar form, breaks out of the building.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Have had a recurring dream every year or two where either my hometown (NYC) is invaded by Godzilla or I am in Tokyo during a Godzilla attack. The dream is very reminiscent of the flashback attack scene from Godzilla vs. Megaguirus where everything has a fiery tinge and the incarnation of Godzilla fluctuates between 2000, Heisei, and 54. In the dream I am always both terrified as I run for my life but also fascinated to see Godzilla.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I once had a dream Showa Godzilla was fighting a three-headed Kiryu Saga esque Godzilla, and won by tearing his heads and legs off. I oddly also seem to recall the former having the ability to create a front-facing forcefield comprised of many red hexagons.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I was watching the trailer for a sequel to King Kong vs Godzilla. The entire thing had this weird orange color grade to it. I remember there was a bit of stock footage from KKvG at the beginning but then, it cut to new footage. Godzilla looked the exact same as he did back in 1962 but King Kong looks like how he did in the De Laurentis duology. There was a scene of him resting in a cave when another Kong (Lady Kong?) headed over to him on all fours while carrying a baby. Then, it cut to real-life footage of a gorilla with text saying "KONG" and then a subtitle which I don't remember. After that, there was a crocodile grabing onto a smaller animal and shaking its head to rip it to shreds with "GODZILLA" in the corner and the subtitle "Intrepid Predator" below it. I woke up after that. I think it had a title card like the one from GvK but with one of those generic fonts like Arial or Calibri, too.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I had a dream that I was riding in the HEAV during the Hong Kong battle of GVK, up until Kong knocked Godzilla into that building and "Round 2 went to him". I remember someone saying that but I don't remember anyone else being in the HEAV with me.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I had MANY dreams about Kaiju, but one that immediately jumps out at me is when Godzilla (84) attacked Philly and I was trapped in a shopping mall while it was happening. Not gonna lie, it was legitimately terrifying. I remember seeing a crowd of people literally get vaporized by an atomic ray. I and a few others managed to escape through a hole in the wall just before Godzilla plowed through the mall and then knocked a glass skyscraper over.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

About a week ago, I had another very vivid dream in similar circumstances to the first one that I detailed in this thread. I was watching a Godzilla film (oddly enough, I seemed to be watching it in my car) that doesn't actually exist. This dream happened shortly after I finished Godzilla: Singular Point and I think that heavily influenced the film that appeared in the dream. For instance, the film had a strange "color palette" of deep reds, light blues and whites that made it feel heavily reminiscent of Singular Point, despite being a non-animated medium.

The film's protagonists were a group of young people driving around in a tour bus of some kind. The first scene I saw showed these characters having a debate inside the tour bus about whether or not they were living in consensus reality (I should probably clarify that, when I have a dream, I generally don't actually hear what people are saying: in this case, it was like I was watching the movie and reading a script/synopsis at the same time. I wouldn't be able to tell you what exactly they were saying because "they're arguing about whether or not they live in the real world" more or less just popped into my head. I don't know if dreams are like this for anyone else.). I remember thinking, in the dream, that the dialogue had a lot of "technobabble", hence the Singular Point vibes. The film then cut to a kaiju battle in an urban environment between Godzilla and an original monster- a green-skinned giantess who resembled an Attack of the 50-Foot Woman knock-off. The group's tour bus attempted to maneuver between the two monsters but got spotted, grabbed, and swallowed by the giantess. The whole time this was going on, a third kaiju resembling a giant eagle was perched on top of a building, but it didn't do anything.

Inside the other monster, the protagonists were alive and seemed to have a plan of escape, though the specifics of their plan were never specified. The group's leader proclaimed that the only thing they had to fear was fear itself and if they just weren't afraid, they would survive. The monster's stomach was a really large and alien environment that seemed bigger than the creature it was inside of, and was filled with other smaller monsters, parasites and such. It was really hellish and the most notable thing was that the characters who had been eaten had some kind of "perception filter" surrounding them. Everything they saw, they perceived it as something "normal", at least relative to people living in a world where kaiju are real. Instead of seeing fleshy innards and organs, they saw their environment as the ruins of a destroyed city, and instead of seeing enormous tapeworms and giant white blood cells they instead perceived Rodans and Anguiriuses. The film provided two different explanations for this:

1. Their own brains were "autocorrecting" their environments so they wouldn't go mad with fear or despair from seeing the horrors in the belly of the beast, or
2. The monster's stomach was causing some kind of Lotus-Eater effect in swallowed prey so they wouldn't struggle as they were being digested.

I never saw the fate of these people as the scene then changed to show a different character, a quirky scientist, in his laboratory. The scientist was trying to discover a way to defeat Godzilla, and decided that the only way to do this was to "get into the mindset of Godzilla", see things from the enemy's point of view. So he constructed a scale model of the Tokyo cityscape in his lab and began stomping around it and destroying buildings like a child at play. This proceeded until he crushed a model of the White House, bizarrely placed in the middle of Tokyo, and immediately received a call from the US Government stating that this constituted " a threat against the President" and that he would be arrested shortly. I woke up after this oddly placed bit of comedy in an otherwise highly disturbing dream.

I was prompted to post this because I had another dream only last night with a brief kaiju-related moment. The dream itself was lengthy, but the relevant bit was only a small part of it. At one point, I was present at a family reunion and watching Godzilla vs. Kong on a wide-screen television. Though in my mind I knew it was Godzilla vs. Kong, the scene being depicted wasn't actually in the movie- instead, it was showing Kong in an industrial yard at night, battling another fictitious kaiju. This kaiju was an automaton composed primarily of steel beams, rubble, and discarded construction vehicles. It had huge spotlights on its shoulders, moved with the heavy groaning of metal moving against metal, and seemed to have a construction crane for a head. I'm not sure if it was being piloted by humans or just moving of its own accord but it seemed to be resoundingly beating Kong. The only other relevant detail I recall is that I then turned to another attendee (not a real-life family member, but a complete stranger) and got into an argument about whether or not this film was superior to 1962's King Kong vs. Godzilla. Curiously, in the dream, I took the position that Godzilla vs. Kong was the superior film, even though I actually prefer King Kong vs. Godzilla.

I have to say, I'm a little disturbed by the amount of Godzilla-related dreams I've been having- I never had any until recently!
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

I had a dream about seeing two kaiju movies starring mantises I acquired at a library. The first was a Bollywood movie that was either part of a genre or itself called Bollywood Zoo. The other was a 50's creature feature about a family tormented by a normal-sized one that would apparently lead to a world's destruction once they gave birth to their eggs. The twist? The mantis was a pair of normal humans and the family were giant aliens, like that one episode of Twilight Zone.

Also, that first dream, TheLastGezora? That's fucked up, yet really neat. I'd love to see a film idea that expands upon it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

TheLastGezora wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:50 pm -snip-
So basically, giant Gamora vored a bunch of kids? Kinky.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:38 am I had a dream about seeing two kaiju movies starring mantises I acquired at a library. The first was a Bollywood movie that was either part of a genre or itself called Bollywood Zoo. The other was a 50's creature feature about a family tormented by a normal-sized one that would apparently lead to a world's destruction once they gave birth to their eggs. The twist? The mantis was a pair of normal humans and the family were giant aliens, like that one episode of Twilight Zone.

Also, that first dream, TheLastGezora? That's fucked up, yet really neat. I'd love to see a film idea that expands upon it.
The idea of a Bollywood kaiju flick is really interesting- While Bollywood monster movies exist, I'm not sure if we've ever seen an Indian take on specifically the Kaiju genre. Bollywood films can get pretty out there, and if a hypothetical kaiju film leaned into Hindu mythology it could be really interesting. I have to admit, the description of the second film was a little amusing to me at first- the description "The mantis was a pair of normal humans" initially conjured the image of a pantomime horse. Still, the dream sounds really neat and that second film seems like a nifty blend of 50's sci-fi tropes with a healthy dose of surreality thrown in. You haven't seen The Deadly Mantis recently, by any chance?

Glad you found it neat! I'll admit, it stuck with me a few days after I had it. I think the idea of traipsing around a giant creature's innards was borne out of the Mystery Flesh Pit worldbuilding project, which I had been reading about the day prior- it made me nauseous the first time I heard about it. I think the most interesting about it is the idea of the "filter" that changes what people are seeing- it could be turned into a film about a person avoiding the realities of nuclear war by tricking themselves into thinking the attacks are being carried about by kaiju, or vice-versa.
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:51 am
TheLastGezora wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:50 pm -snip-
So basically, giant Gamora vored a bunch of kids? Kinky.
I'll admit, I was a little hesitant to share that one because I thought it might make people think I'm a vorephile- however, people here should be pleased to know that I've yet to experience a kaiju wet dream. :lol:
Last edited by TheLastGezora on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A recent one was like a bad Syfy movie. A group of people go to a remote island, and then encounter several giant creatures there; A spider, mantis, bat, shark, and this weird cat sized starfish like thing. The characters become separated, and one group learns that the old man was once part of a team of scientist who did research on the island. He went back to see if any of their experiments survived. The characters hide in old storage buildings, and use whatever is available to create weapons. They set the giant bat on fire, and the old man is stalked by the starfish thing. The guide seeks to reunite the group, but must cross some water first. He tries to be bait for the giant shark so that the others can stay alive, but the dream ends before I see if he gets eaten or not.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

TheLastGezora wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:38 am I had a dream about seeing two kaiju movies starring mantises I acquired at a library. The first was a Bollywood movie that was either part of a genre or itself called Bollywood Zoo. The other was a 50's creature feature about a family tormented by a normal-sized one that would apparently lead to a world's destruction once they gave birth to their eggs. The twist? The mantis was a pair of normal humans and the family were giant aliens, like that one episode of Twilight Zone.

Also, that first dream, TheLastGezora? That's skreeonked up, yet really neat. I'd love to see a film idea that expands upon it.
The idea of a Bollywood kaiju flick is really interesting- While Bollywood monster movies exist, I'm not sure if we've ever seen an Indian take on specifically the Kaiju genre. Bollywood films can get pretty out there, and if a hypothetical kaiju film leaned into Hindu mythology it could be really interesting. I have to admit, the description of the second film was a little amusing to me at first- the description "The mantis was a pair of normal humans" initially conjured the image of a pantomime horse. Still, the dream sounds really neat and that second film seems like a nifty blend of 50's sci-fi tropes with a healthy dose of surreality thrown in. You haven't seen The Deadly Mantis recently, by any chance?

Glad you found it neat! I'll admit, it stuck with me a few days after I had it. I think the idea of traipsing around a giant creature's innards was borne out of the Mystery Flesh Pit worldbuilding project, which I had been reading about the day prior- it made me nauseous the first time I heard about it. I think the most interesting about it is the idea of the "filter" that changes what people are seeing- it could be turned into a film about a person avoiding the realities of nuclear war by tricking themselves into thinking the attacks are being carried about by kaiju, or vice-versa.
Might I add that in between the two, I was freaking out by an actual mantis doing the exact same thing to me.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

edgaguirus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:08 pm A recent one was like a bad Syfy movie. A group of people go to a remote island, and then encounter several giant creatures there; A spider, mantis, bat, shark, and this weird cat sized starfish like thing. The characters become separated, and one group learns that the old man was once part of a team of scientist who did research on the island. He went back to see if any of their experiments survived. The characters hide in old storage buildings, and use whatever is available to create weapons. They set the giant bat on fire, and the old man is stalked by the starfish thing. The guide seeks to reunite the group, but must cross some water first. He tries to be bait for the giant shark so that the others can stay alive, but the dream ends before I see if he gets eaten or not.
I think you meant to write this old man since you didn't memtion him earlier.
Is the cat-sized starfish like cat cat sized, or like lion-sized? Would be hard for it to stalk if it were housecat-sized.

I now dub the movie Monster Mountain, starring Chaz Palmitari as the old man in a blatant paycheck role, coming this summer around the time of another, better film!