Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by UltramanGoji »

SDCC is looming soon, anyone remember if Tamashii shows things off there?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

UltramanGoji wrote:SDCC is looming soon, anyone remember if Tamashii shows things off there?
...No idea. I'd expect some G2019 figures if they were to show off anything, but I'd also love to see some more of their Gamera 1999.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

It depends. The only time they have revealed things at SDCC for the first time has been American properties they can sell in the US like those Injustice DC Figuarts they did.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:SDCC is looming soon, anyone remember if Tamashii shows things off there?
I remember when they USED TO show off new stuff ;)

IE: Biollante.

They might show what USA is getting, and a target month when. Outside of that, I wouldn't get to excited for MonsterArts.
If anyone mentions why another thread got created. Sometimes when the page limit goes past 400+ it start messing with "linking to posts" and it displays it a few pages back or a random post later.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SpaceG92 wrote: If anyone mentions why another thread got created. Sometimes when the page limit goes past 400+ it start messing with "linking to posts" and it displays it a few pages back or a random post later.
You should do that with the "What made you laugh/made your/ruined your day" and "What Gets on Your Nerves" threads so I can stop seeing them in my "View Your Posts" page. :P

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Don't get excited over SHMA @ SDCC.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

I'll have to post this response here since the old one's locked:

godzilla1541, your Godzilla 64 repaint looks fantastic. Nice job!
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Yeah new thread finally!!!! Now we need some great news to get it rocking!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

My personal dream would be an SHMA figure of every distinct Godzilla suit. I mean I don't need a '64 (Ghidorah) Goji figure (since the suit was almost identical to the 1st '64 suit) or a '69 Goji (because it was identic to the '68) or '92/'93 (which are almost identical with the already existing '94), and so on. But a figure of every major suit variant would be sooo nice to get over the years. Has any toy line ever achieved that so far (I'm only into BANDAI's)...?
Size DOES matter!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Petezilla wrote:My personal dream would be an SHMA figure of every distinct Godzilla suit. I mean I don't need a '64 (Ghidorah) Goji figure (since the suit was almost identical to the 1st '64 suit) or a '69 Goji (because it was identic to the '68) or '92/'93 (which are almost identical with the already existing '94), and so on. But a figure of every major suit variant would be sooo nice to get over the years. Has any toy line ever achieved that so far (I'm only into BANDAI's)...?

The 64 gtthm suit has an entirely new head.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

miguelnuva wrote:
Petezilla wrote:My personal dream would be an SHMA figure of every distinct Godzilla suit. I mean I don't need a '64 (Ghidorah) Goji figure (since the suit was almost identical to the 1st '64 suit) or a '69 Goji (because it was identic to the '68) or '92/'93 (which are almost identical with the already existing '94), and so on. But a figure of every major suit variant would be sooo nice to get over the years. Has any toy line ever achieved that so far (I'm only into BANDAI's)...?

There are VERY slight differences between the two heads though. I doubt they’d be willing to put the time and money into sculpting a slightly different head mold, when they can just take the original figure and re-release that instead.
Last edited by ArchdukeSquidlyIII on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

There are VERY slight differences between the two heads though. I doubt they’d be willing to put the time and money into sculpting a slightly different head mold, when they can just take the original figure and re-release that instead.
. Have you seen Godzilla Earth. That’s literally what they did :edit this is probably sarcasm now that I look at it
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

where the fuck is my v-rex tamashii

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:Yeah new thread finally!!!! Now we need some great news to get it rocking!
GREATNEWS?

NO NEWS!
Naruto65 wrote:Don't get excited over SHMA @ SDCC.
:P

Bad meme aside. Looking forward to Oreo Godzilla...kinda. I want to see if they screw it up and add a more appealing wash to help accent those details.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Naruto65 wrote:Don't get excited over SHMA @ SDCC.
Kinda knew that. But eh, at this point nothing really exciting coming from them in recent years to be honest.

But we'll see I guess.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^^ Oreo Godzilla...?
Size DOES matter!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Petezilla wrote:^^ Oreo Godzilla...?
The frozen Shin Godzilla with the little gojis protruding from its tail.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Bad meme aside. Looking forward to Oreo Godzilla...kinda. I want to see if they screw it up and add a more appealing wash to help accent those details.
What details. The mold is probably degraded as hell this is, what the 5th time it has been used. I can already tell by the promo pictures that the details are shallow and the paint will probably be bad (people on instagram found that the paint is chipped on the prototype lol)
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Once again, the Awakening is the version to get if you have to have a SHMA Shin. Love mine. Also, the original has tanked in price thanks to the reissue. I'd go with the OG look or Awakening and not bother with Cookies and Cream.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.