Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm loving the scarring going on through out the suit, i didn't even know the actual suit had that.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

So let me get this right.

https://www.amazon.com/tamashii-nations ... b0bj81zrm7

I order the figure from premium bandai months a go, it supposedly releases in march. And now, they release it in amazon, and it comes out in less than 2 weeks at a lower cost. Bandai premium, has nothing of premium, except that you can't cancel an order.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

That does suck.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Gigan looks absolutely gorgeous. Very seamless sculpt although I have a feeling that posing may not be super crazy. I will try to hold off on pre-ordering Monsterarts given it seems like there have been sales lately and some sites offer better pre-order offers. Still feeling burned off the pre-orders I made for SCV Ghidorah and the FW figures this year.

Next year's slate looking really good though. New Shin, MKG, 91, and now this Gigan. Another Showa Godzilla would probably make me foam at the mouth!

Only figure I am skeptical of is Shin. If reviews come out and the QC is tight, I think it is about time I upgrade from the NECA 1st issue.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'm honestly really impressed. When I saw the Gigan photo, I didn't think anything of it; assumed it was an X-Plus. It looks absolutely stunning.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

If they really can follow through with that degree of detail, Showa Gigan will definitely be added to the list of MA's I'll be getting. I didn't have any issues with SCV Biollante, but my G89 had a botched paint job on the teeth and the chest being darker than the rest of the body. I guess time will tell.

Wonder if this means we'll finally start seeing some Showa Godzilla designs, too
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think we can now put everyone’s complaints over this brand focusing so much on the Heisei era to rest.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:15 pm I think we can now put everyone’s complaints over this brand focusing so much on the Heisei era to rest.
Yeah, all it took was 11+ years and the 50th anniversary of these monsters to make it happen.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:01 am
LegendZilla wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:15 pm I think we can now put everyone’s complaints over this brand focusing so much on the Heisei era to rest.
Yeah, all it took was 11+ years and the 50th anniversary of these monsters to make it happen.
Maybe in 2024, we could get a Showa Ghidorah to commemorate the character’s 60th anniversary.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:01 amYeah, all it took was 11+ years and the 50th anniversary of these monsters to make it happen.
Let's hope Super7 doesn't take nearly as long :lol:
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I’m pretty pumped about Gigan! It looks really really good! I know Hedorah got mixed reviews but in person on the shelf it looks great. Like l, it catches my eye every time I look at my SHMA shelf and I’m struck by how real and dynamic it looks. And Gigan looks even better. It certainly took them long enough but it feels like the gloves have finally come off and SHMA is starting to live up to what I always hoped it would be.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Fermix wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:21 am
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:01 amYeah, all it took was 11+ years and the 50th anniversary of these monsters to make it happen.
Let's hope Super7 doesn't take nearly as long :lol:
Well wave three isn't hitting until early 2024 and by then it will only be three Godzillas, Biollante, Destroyer and Mechagodzilla. I'm not expecting Showa Ultimates this decade. Lol

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Do we think we’ll get any new SHMA reveals at this Instamashii event? I’ve got my fingers crossed for a SoshingekiGoji..,
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Possibly a closer look at Monsterarts classic Gigan? Maybe if we're REALLY lucky, a Megalon or classic Jet Jaguar?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:10 pm Possibly a closer look at Monsterarts classic Gigan? Maybe if we're REALLY lucky, a Megalon or classic Jet Jaguar?
I have money on the table Megalon/JJ won't be revealed till next year's Godzilla day, like how Gigan was this years and I think Hedorah was last year's. At best, we'll prolly see more of the Showa Gigan, and maybe a repaint reveal.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

https://twitter.com/gamera_rebirth/stat ... 7221451776

Gamera Rebirth figure already announced, it'll be on display this Friday at TAMASHII NATION 2022.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:31 pm https://twitter.com/gamera_rebirth/stat ... 7221451776

Gamera Rebirth figure already announced, it'll be on display this Friday at TAMASHII NATION 2022.
The series must be close then. Assuming the figure and the series drop around the same time I'm guessing maybe a spring/summer release.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:44 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:31 pm https://twitter.com/gamera_rebirth/stat ... 7221451776

The series must be close then. Assuming the figure and the series drop around the same time I'm guessing maybe a spring/summer release.
Not a series, it's a film.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:45 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:44 pm

Not a series, it's a film.
Even better.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I had no idea what Gamera Rebirth was, so I was confused at the announcement. Needless to say, I am PUMPED! What great news!

I still hope Legion and Heisei Gyaos figures are created however.