Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by _MHG_ »

Ironcarnage101 wrote:Alright so I managed to download it! (I'm loving it man) And I have 2 questions : 1. Are the other monsters, e.g. Kong, Zilla, Death Ghidorah unlockable after you beat arcade mode in the current build you recently gave? 2. What are the controls to fire a beam weapon? I'm pressing enter and it gives me these weird keyboard thingies, e.g. hd, dh, etc. That's all, thanks.
The link I provided is for 0.10, the first build of the game (GDAMR). The videos with the other characters you mentioned are of 0.11 (Omniverse), which hasn't been released yet.

For the keys, its just the standard 2d fighter layout:
dn, fr = down, forward
dn, dn = down, down
dn, bk = down, back
lt = light attack
hv = heavy attack

The descriptions should be in the config menu, but I suppose a legend may be in order.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Awesome, thanks man! :D

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

NoName wrote:Ok so the vertex shader error isn't an issue. Unfortunately, some other problem crops up and I can't remember why, and I don't know which of the many legacy editables was used to create the bug-free executable. I don't think it is worthwhile to debug it when V 0.11 will be out in the coming few months.

My guess is new hardware doesn't agree with the old shader. Probably should have had an option to turn it off, but I suppose I'll do this in the current build.

Posting the link to the executable I have, and in OP: https://app.box.com/s/fkyvruoinn6f0047u8b6es9qtg760ck2

Might work, might not, but in any case, its about to be replaced soon anyway.
I'm unfortunately still having the same problem, and I triple checked, my DriveX and drivers are all up to date, as is everything else. I even tried running Compatibility Troubleshooter mode, with no luck. I get as far as getting right up to the beginning of the fight, right before it loads, and then it crashes with the same Vertex Shader Error message.

Bummer, as I wanted to play this version again to tide me over until the next release, but ah well. Guess I will just have to be patient and wait!

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

I'm unfortunately still having the same problem, and I triple checked, my DriveX and drivers are all up to date, as is everything else. I even tried running Compatibility Troubleshooter mode, with no luck. I get as far as getting right up to the beginning of the fight, right before it loads, and then it crashes with the same Vertex Shader Error message.

Bummer, as I wanted to play this version again to tide me over until the next release, but ah well. Guess I will just have to be patient and wait!
Just curious, but what are your computer hardware specs?

I tried it recently with my 2011 dell xps laptop (8 gb ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525 M graphic card) and it works alright, although it lags (which could be for a number of reasons).

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

Infinity wrote:

Just curious, but what are your computer hardware specs?

I tried it recently with my 2011 dell xps laptop (8 gb ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525 M graphic card) and it works alright, although it lags (which could be for a number of reasons).
ASUS laptop, Windows 10, 64 bit operating system, x-64 based processor.

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

You don't have a graphic card?

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

Infinity wrote:You don't have a graphic card?
Oh, sorry! Intel (R) UHD Graphics 600, Driver version 23.20.16.4936. If that is what you meant?

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

Don't know how powerful that is. If it can run any game post 2016, it shouldn't have trouble with GDAMR.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Kaiju Fan wrote:
NoName wrote:Ok so the vertex shader error isn't an issue. Unfortunately, some other problem crops up and I can't remember why, and I don't know which of the many legacy editables was used to create the bug-free executable. I don't think it is worthwhile to debug it when V 0.11 will be out in the coming few months.

My guess is new hardware doesn't agree with the old shader. Probably should have had an option to turn it off, but I suppose I'll do this in the current build.

Posting the link to the executable I have, and in OP: https://app.box.com/s/fkyvruoinn6f0047u8b6es9qtg760ck2

Resolved the other issue. Try this one: https://app.box.com/s/ssl29zr5hapsulxw1c3nec6taem6t5rg

The shader compilation happens during the VS load screen which uses a bloom shader, and your gfx card is probably not compatible with the shader since its old. So I've removed it. Let me know if you're able to get past the VS screen now. If you do, but it crashes for some other reason, then for sure its better to simply wait for 0.11.

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

NoName wrote:
Kaiju Fan wrote:

Resolved the other issue. Try this one: https://app.box.com/s/ssl29zr5hapsulxw1c3nec6taem6t5rg

The shader compilation happens during the VS load screen which uses a bloom shader, and your gfx card is probably not compatible with the shader since its old. So I've removed it. Let me know if you're able to get past the VS screen now. If you do, but it crashes for some other reason, then for sure its better to simply wait for 0.11.
Well, now the earlier version is working just fine, for whatever reason. I redownloaded the DriverX (despite already having the most updated one), so maybe that was it? Or maybe when I had Firefox open, there was some clash between programs? I don't know, technology can be wonky, but thanks for all your help regardless, and sorry to put you through some extra work! Looking forward to the next version for sure!

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Gotta agree, I'm gonna love playing as Zilla!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Kaiju Fan wrote:
NoName wrote:
Kaiju Fan wrote:

Well, now the earlier version is working just fine, for whatever reason. I redownloaded the DriverX (despite already having the most updated one), so maybe that was it? Or maybe when I had Firefox open, there was some clash between programs? I don't know, technology can be wonky, but thanks for all your help regardless, and sorry to put you through some extra work! Looking forward to the next version for sure!
That's fine. I wanted to know why the legacy editable was producing an error out of curiosity. I also now know that compatibility between the shader and new hardware is not an issue as I previously thought. Might come in handy in the future.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Finally got the chance to play this. I’m loving it a ton so far! The graphics and presentation are top notch, and each character is a blast to use. Can’t wait to see more! Loving how Legendary Godzilla looks, by the by!

In terms of monster suggestions, the most I can suggest is Varan or Baragon out of my personal bias. But, that being said, I’m perfectly happy with what we have so far, so once again. Great job!
Last edited by Dynomy-DX on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

I actually still cant believe how good you are at pixel art, its definitely professional work. Do you do this for a living or have you worked on other projects? I mean to draw every frame in each move is insane work ethic. cheers

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

airforce111 wrote:I actually still cant believe how good you are at pixel art, its definitely professional work. Do you do this for a living or have you worked on other projects? I mean to draw every frame in each move is insane work ethic. cheers
Just a hobby. I'm not a digital arts professional and have never worked on any kind of video game project in a professional capacity, only personal projects.

The results are okay, but the key I find is having the right tools, techniques and approaches. Every thing else follows automatically.

While I'm here, I'll just say that the next PR is due this weekend. Thanks!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

April 2020 Monthly Progress Report:

. Would have posted this earlier, but I ran into quite a few issues in adding friendly bots. Fortunately, they've been addressed.
. The inclusion of friendly bots interacting alongside enemy bots marks the end of new core features for this version. Glitches related to this issue have been taken care of for now. I don't expect any further problems with respect to team play mechanics, but will have to see if new bugs crop up.
. Updated some of the older characters to make them compatible with new changes, added extra abilities, and their Furies.
. Added a strength-resistance system to complement the character rank levels better.
. At this point, only six characters left to update, rank distribution for arcade mode (write-up is done, just needs to be implemented), and running final tests. Some problems with the AI still persist, but will be looked into.
. Basically, getting closer now. Hopefully by the next PR, I should have a solid release date.
. Video of multi-pool system with AI bots below. OBS got finicky again, so I couldn't get the whole thing, unfortunately, and didn't want to re-record:

That's all for now. More to come.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

May 2020 Progress Report:

. Rank sorting added (arcade mode).
. All characters completed, but need to add one last from BL.
. Initial debug run-through for all characters completed.
. Release date is June 25 or June 30, but no later than the latter. This should allow more than enough time to address several minor issues and eliminate major issues that can cause crashes. Will also handle publishing related items during this period.
. Game is now basically in a playable state, but a handful of known bugs still need to be corrected.
. MVG animation work has started (neck regeneration animation completed e.g.) and will progress throughout June intermittently.

More to come.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Since Scylla's powers have been revealed, do you plan to add her?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Since Scylla's powers have been revealed, do you plan to add her?
A few points:

1) I mentioned earlier that I didn't intend to add the Monsterverse "support" characters, which includes Scylla, because they didn't demonstrate any interesting behaviors or powers. This statement should be disregarded.

2) Though it's good that their powers/abilities have been revealed, characters like Scylla (plus Behemoth, Methusela and similar entries we get out of GVKK) will now be considered as effective candidates to include regardless of how they behave or their abilities.

3) With respect to whether or not such characters will be included in, say, 0.12, - this will be decided through a mechanism. Said mechanism will be discussed on release of 0.11 this month, but not anytime before. Bottom line is, it's entirely possible for her to be included - and quickly. That she actually gets added will depend.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Where the hell does that video take place? Is it an original battleground?