Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
TheSqualo
Ronin

Re: Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

Post by TheSqualo »

When can we expect to some news about the game?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Downloaded this today. It's fun except for the insane difficulty. There'll be times where my enemy stun-locks me into a corner and takes out 80% of my HP without me even being able to get up. Some characters are INCREDIBLY overpowered; 70s Godzilla bum rushes you and stun locks you to death or constantly knocks you down. Burning Godzilla's fury attack is nearly unavoidable and is a 3 hit kill. I don't mind challenge, but the computer is absolutely ruthless with it's knockdown stuns and unlockable or unavoidable fury attacks. The knockdown state lasts a bit too long and allows your enemy to take out more than half your HP without you being able to do anything.

Also a "reset to defaults" option for the keyboard config would be nice.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:11 pm Downloaded this today. It's fun except for the insane difficulty. There'll be times where my enemy stun-locks me into a corner and takes out 80% of my HP without me even being able to get up. Some characters are INCREDIBLY overpowered; 70s Godzilla bum rushes you and stun locks you to death or constantly knocks you down. Burning Godzilla's fury attack is nearly unavoidable and is a 3 hit kill. I don't mind challenge, but the computer is absolutely ruthless with it's knockdown stuns and unlockable or unavoidable fury attacks. The knockdown state lasts a bit too long and allows your enemy to take out more than half your HP without you being able to do anything.

Nevermind, I was just bad at the game lol. Still though, some characters are a little too strong. Otherwise, the game is fun. I especially liked the side-scrolling shooter level before you fight Anime MG. The latter is also currently my main, although I'm also trying to master Showa MG and Biollante.
ImageImage

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

TheSqualo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:27 am When can we expect to some news about the game?
Progress updates are only posted on the project's main page at itch.io ("Development log" section): https://mhg2020.itch.io/godzilla-omniverse
Progress updates are typically posted when a chunk of specific item(s) is complete.
Breakdown wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 pm
Breakdown wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:11 pm Downloaded this today. It's fun except for the insane difficulty. There'll be times where my enemy stun-locks me into a corner and takes out 80% of my HP without me even being able to get up. Some characters are INCREDIBLY overpowered; 70s Godzilla bum rushes you and stun locks you to death or constantly knocks you down. Burning Godzilla's fury attack is nearly unavoidable and is a 3 hit kill. I don't mind challenge, but the computer is absolutely ruthless with it's knockdown stuns and unlockable or unavoidable fury attacks. The knockdown state lasts a bit too long and allows your enemy to take out more than half your HP without you being able to do anything.

Nevermind, I was just bad at the game lol. Still though, some characters are a little too strong. Otherwise, the game is fun. I especially liked the side-scrolling shooter level before you fight Anime MG. The latter is also currently my main, although I'm also trying to master Showa MG and Biollante.
Some changes may possibly be applied to curb the AI's behavior, but need to keep in mind that some characters are intended to be overpowered based on their canonical power. This system will be better reflected once more basic/weaker, playable characters are added and can be used through the teams system, and once a more appropriate enumeration of "power quotients" is implemented to replace the group based ranking system that is in place right now. This won't happen though until after 0.14.

Noted the reset to defaults option, will be included in upcoming version.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

It feels extremely illegal to put this game up on Steam.

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:21 pm It feels extremely illegal to put this game up on Steam.

Yeah, there's no way that's staying up.

kMIKEj
Young Farmer

Post by kMIKEj »

Everyone, relax. The Steam version is distributed free of charge without any financial gain.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I can't wait to play it on Steam, personally. Hopefully it runs well on Steam Deck?
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Have the supporter version currently. The final release looks incredible!!
ImageImage

TheSqualo
Ronin

Post by TheSqualo »

When i try to download the game's new update it says: "Nothing is available to download yet."

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Just installed the game on my phone yesterday, and wow, this game is good! My only problem with it is the constant ads.

TheGreatWuichiros
Young Farmer

Post by TheGreatWuichiros »

Could this great game ever return on steam?

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

TheGreatWuichiros wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:19 pm Could this great game ever return on steam?
The short answer is no. This game was yanked out of Steam by Toho themselves not too long after it was published there because it was a paid fan game. A paid fan game with paid DLCs being planned, I might add. The itch io page is gone too, for the very same reason.

By charging money for this game the developers shot themselves on the foot. This is why this game has fallen apart in the first place. Fan games should never be paid no matter what. Receiving mere donations out of your fan game is already dangerous enough (remember Sonic Omens?), but having to outright pay for you to even get your hands on the damn thing is madness from the developers' part. It baffles me how the game stood strong for a year and a half until the developers got bit in the butt. I knew this was going to end horribly since the very first second I read that the game was going to be paid going forward, I just didn't expect it to take so long.

When things started to crumble for the game, some members of the Godzilla Save the Earth Melee team were involved, believe it or not. By the looks of it, NobleSpecter (one of the Omniverse developers) insulted one of the STEM developers in the STEM Discord server. Toku Society, out of spite (in their own words, not mine), published the latest build of the game for free on their Deviantart page, as well as the game's assets for anybody to use. On top of all that, somebody else reported the game to Toho, which resulted in the game being taken down everywhere (except from the Google Play Store, since the game is free there).

I can't post links here, but you can find NobleSpecter's Deviantart page easily by googling it. There are some posts there about the situation. There is also a Google docs document I found a while ago about the drama, but I can't post it here either. Google "The Truth of Godzilla Omniverse google docs" and you should find a Twitter thread with a link to the document.

Personally, all that really sucks for me, man. This game is what led me to find the Toho Kingdom forums. It's crappy, sad and it hurts me to say, but this game's future is bleak.

TheGreatWuichiros
Young Farmer

Carrerasaurus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:00 pm
TheGreatWuichiros wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:19 pm Could this great game ever return on steam?
The short answer is no. This game was yanked out of Steam by Toho themselves not too long after it was published there because it was a paid fan game. A paid fan game with paid DLCs being planned, I might add. The itch io page is gone too, for the very same reason.

By charging money for this game the developers shot themselves on the foot. This is why this game has fallen apart in the first place. Fan games should never be paid no matter what. Receiving mere donations out of your fan game is already dangerous enough (remember Sonic Omens?), but having to outright pay for you to even get your hands on the damn thing is madness from the developers' part. It baffles me how the game stood strong for a year and a half until the developers got bit in the butt. I knew this was going to end horribly since the very first second I read that the game was going to be paid going forward, I just didn't expect it to take so long.

When things started to crumble for the game, some members of the Godzilla Save the Earth Melee team were involved, believe it or not. By the looks of it, NobleSpecter (one of the Omniverse developers) insulted one of the STEM developers in the STEM Discord server. Toku Society, out of spite (in their own words, not mine), published the latest build of the game for free on their Deviantart page, as well as the game's assets for anybody to use. On top of all that, somebody else reported the game to Toho, which resulted in the game being taken down everywhere (except from the Google Play Store, since the game is free there).

I can't post links here, but you can find NobleSpecter's Deviantart page easily by googling it. There are some posts there about the situation. There is also a Google docs document I found a while ago about the drama, but I can't post it here either. Google "The Truth of Godzilla Omniverse google docs" and you should find a Twitter thread with a link to the document.

Personally, all that really sucks for me, man. This game is what led me to find the Toho Kingdom forums. It's crappy, sad and it hurts me to say, but this game's future is bleak.
Well thanks for answering my question, that's all for now, do you know how to fix that bug with the kaijus flying away?

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

TheGreatWuichiros wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:29 pm Well thanks for answering my question, that's all for now, do you know how to fix that bug with the kaijus flying away?
I'm not sure if I can help, it depends on the version of the game you're playing.
I experimented the 0.14 mobile version and this glitch has never happened to me. :?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Ok, am I the only one who can't even play the game right now, because a random message saying error and a few other things keeps popping up. This started only an hour after I got MV Ghidorah, so I'm kinda upset here.

TheGreatWuichiros
Young Farmer

Carrerasaurus wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:59 am
TheGreatWuichiros wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:29 pm Well thanks for answering my question, that's all for now, do you know how to fix that bug with the kaijus flying away?
I'm not sure if I can help, it depends on the version of the game you're playing.
I experimented the 0.14 mobile version and this glitch has never happened to me. :?
Well, for the record, regarding PC situations, it could be said that the game link has been removed, I think so, but my question here is, in the next version 1.15 could new mechanical kaijus be added or something new in the game? :godzilla2021blue:

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

So is there no way to download/play this on PC now?
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

SpacemanSpiff106
Young Farmer

Post by SpacemanSpiff106 »

Are we ever getting updates for Omniverse again? Or was any hope for that shot down the drain with it taken off steam? I just found it on mobile a few days ago and besides the ads, am having a blast. Was really hoping to see MG GvK in the roster and many other Kaiju that haven’t been added. Does anyone know how to contact the creator?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Recently started playing it. I'm starting to get the hang of things, but it's still rough as fuck.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image