Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs M (2001)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs M (2001)

Post by edgaguirus »

We also have few kaiju based on humans. It would've been nice variety as well as giving us a sympathetic hero.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:26 pm ^I wonder if Kaneko is a Japanese republican.

Quite the opposite. GMK is critical of Japanese nationalism and his criticism of Godzilla 98 is that "America cannot see a creature that can't be put down by it's arms".
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

darthzilla99 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:06 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:26 pm ^I wonder if Kaneko is a Japanese republican.

Quite the opposite. GMK is critical of Japanese nationalism and his criticism of Godzilla 98 is that "America cannot see a creature that can't be put down by it's arms".
What I meant was if he favors the idea of Japan abolishing its monarchy.