Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by JAGzilla »

SpiderZilla wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:41 am
JAGzilla wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:37 am
SpiderZilla wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:48 am A bad movie is never worth anyone’s time or money.
:shock: I paid for Pacific Rim: Uprising both in theaters and on 4K, and sunk in the time to watch it twice. Are you saying I've been cheated? I can't believe it... I always thought I had enough situational awareness to catch this kind of thing... oh, God...
I don’t think “bad movie” means what you think it means. ;)
Now there's a truly unpopular opinion. :applause:

EDIT: Whoops, I new page'd an actual intelligent post for this.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:50 am
Voyager wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:35 pm

Cooler heads will prevail, we’re smarter than we seem.
No we're not. We're really, really not. The past 7 years have proven that.
You know, the whole of our history isn’t defined by Trump’s America.
For Emperor and Empire!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:16 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:15 pm There's more to politics than just nukes seemingly being this "positive" force. I mean, look at how the Cold War went, other conflicts became proxy wars between the US & Soviets for example. Vietnam?
Preferable to world wide annihilation :P

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
Never really understood the hate for Dark Chocolate. I don’t taste anything substantially different from Milk Chocolate.
Don't worry, I'll lead humanity after world annihilation. Teach the next generation only about Showa :mugal: :mugal:

Oho, a fellow dark chocolate enjoyer?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:09 am
Voyager wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:16 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:15 pm There's more to politics than just nukes seemingly being this "positive" force. I mean, look at how the Cold War went, other conflicts became proxy wars between the US & Soviets for example. Vietnam?
Preferable to world wide annihilation :P

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
Never really understood the hate for Dark Chocolate. I don’t taste anything substantially different from Milk Chocolate.
Don't worry, I'll lead humanity after world annihilation. Teach the next generation only about Showa :mugal: :mugal:

Oho, a fellow dark chocolate enjoyer?
Aye, it’s about time we rise up!
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I think indomitable heroes will always be cooler than any ‘broken’ character. Characters like Superman, Luke Skywalker, and yes, 70s Godzilla. Characters who will take whatever comes their way and find a way to get through it stronger than before while retaining their humanity and morality.
For Emperor and Empire!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I actually like the sun setting by 5 PM.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m a sunrise by 5am or Sunset by 8pm kind of fella myself. Depends which state I’m in.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I don't like snow. It's cold... wet... slippery... and it piles up everywhere.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Spuro wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:59 am I don't like snow. It's cold... wet... slippery... and it piles up everywhere.
P R E A C H
As pretty as snow can be, I absolutely cannot stand winter. I hate the holidays, I hate the aches and pains, I hate the lack of sun.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:54 am
Spuro wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:59 am I don't like snow. It's cold... wet... slippery... and it piles up everywhere.
P R E A C H
As pretty as snow can be, I absolutely cannot stand winter. I hate the holidays, I hate the aches and pains, I hate the lack of sun.
I hate black ice. I hate how after a significant storm the snow is piled so high at street corners that you can’t see cross-traffic approaching you and you have to take your life in your hands to drive through the intersection.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Winter's always been my favorite season, but it's mostly just because I like the holidays and like watching the snow. I can only be out in the cold for a couple hours before I need to warm up lol.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:05 pm Winter's always been my favorite season, but it's mostly just because I like the holidays and like watching the snow. I can only be out in the cold for a couple hours before I need to warm up lol.
Agreed.

November (or if you live where I'm from, late October lol) to end of December is my favorite winter season just because of the approximation to the holidays. Snow on Christmas? No better combination.

After the new year though...snow can take a long walk off a short pier.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:34 pm
Gigantis wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:05 pm Winter's always been my favorite season, but it's mostly just because I like the holidays and like watching the snow. I can only be out in the cold for a couple hours before I need to warm up lol.
Agreed.

November (or if you live where I'm from, late October lol) to end of December is my favorite winter season just because of the approximation to the holidays. Snow on Christmas? No better combination.

After the new year though...snow can take a long walk off a short pier.
If you live further up north, the less likeable winter becomes.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

It sucks that the current releases of Evangelion don't feature "Fly me to the moon" but the music featured still works really well. Actually doesn't really bother me too much.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

I don't care for Neon Genesis Evangelion. I haven't watched a ton of anime but it's my least favorite that I've seen.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It doesn't do much for me, either. I'm something like eight to ten episodes in, and I just... don't care. I enjoy it when I watch, but it doesn't leave a lot of impression, and I'm never in any rush to see what happens next. Probably I'm not smart enough for it, I dunno. I'm not a fan of most action anime, to be fair. MHA is the only one that consistently holds my attention.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:58 am Probably I'm not smart enough for it, I dunno.
I'm sure that's what some of the fans would say to us in response...

The only anime that I truly love is Attack on Titan. Every other anime I've watched has elicited a "that was pretty good" reaction at best.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I loved the first season on AoT (my first anime, incidentally), but the wait for S2 was too long and I never went back. I tend to like the slice of life anime best, anyway. K-ON!, Haruhi Suzumiya, Chunibyo, Komi Can't Communicate, Makoto Shinkai movies. Things like that. Partly because they don't really have an American equivalent. I can compare action anime to American action cartoons and see the various strengths and weaknesses between them, but slice of life cartoons hardly exist in America. It's something fresh and fascinating to me, very distinctly Japanese.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Zeus is worse than Satan.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:16 pm Zeus is worse than Satan.
God himself is just as bad.

Added in 3 minutes 17 seconds:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:36 am I don't care for Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Same here. It seems every time tries to give their criticism of Eva, not matter how honest and constructive, it gets met with the same old “You don’t understand it!” rhetoric. That and you get accused of apathy towards people with mental and emotional health issues in real life.