If You Can Add Any Monster to KWCE

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWCE

Post by Gigantis »

Okay, so I just checked the cards, and I am legit somewhat disappointed. We have the freaking T-Rex from The Last Dinosaur (Not complaining about that because that thing is awesome) ... but we still don't have any of the T-Rex's from Jurassic Park!? I even have ideas for all of the skins!

Skin 1 is Rexy herself, of course (I don't think we need to make separate skins for her look in JP1 and Jurassic World)

Skin 2 and 3 can be the Bull and the Doe from The Lost World

Skin 4 can be the lighter green skinned Rex that showed up in JP3

Skin 5 can be the feathered Rex that shows up in the prologue of Dominion

Skin 6 can be a Red Rex in a reference to the novels.

And skins 7 and 8 can be the Thrasher T-Rex and the Omega T-Rex from the Chaos Effect series (they don't need to be separate characters because there's literally nothing different about them beyond them being stronger than a normal Rex)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:15 pm Okay, so I just checked the cards, and I am legit somewhat disappointed. We have the freaking T-Rex from The Last Dinosaur (Not complaining about that because that thing is awesome) ... but we still don't have any of the T-Rex's from Jurassic Park!? I even have ideas for all of the skins!

Skin 1 is Rexy herself, of course (I don't think we need to make separate skins for her look in JP1 and Jurassic World)

Skin 2 and 3 can be the Bull and the Doe from The Lost World

Skin 4 can be the lighter green skinned Rex that showed up in JP3

Skin 5 can be the feathered Rex that shows up in the prologue of Dominion

Skin 6 can be a Red Rex in a reference to the novels.

And skins 7 and 8 can be the Thrasher T-Rex and the Omega T-Rex from the Chaos Effect series (they don't need to be separate characters because there's literally nothing different about them beyond them being stronger than a normal Rex)
Yeah not having THE iconic staple and perhaps the most famous dinosaur in film history feels like a pretty big omission. I would be a big supporter in including this.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The issue from what i remember (from my own campaign lol) is Rexy is basically just a T. Rex.

Every other dinosaur on the roster is either a mutant, hybrid, retro or fantasty version of the real animal. So it works better as a kaiju then just a dinosaur. The JP Rex doesn't have that so it doesn't work.

Don't worry, I'm majorly bummed as well lol.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I’m not bummed at all. Rexy and her ilk do not belong in the KWCE.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:42 pm The issue from what i remember (from my own campaign lol) is Rexy is basically just a T. Rex.

Every other dinosaur on the roster is either a mutant, hybrid, retro or fantasty version of the real animal. So it works better as a kaiju then just a dinosaur. The JP Rex doesn't have that so it doesn't work.

Awww, so there's no way to make a Godzilla vs. Rexy fight? That sucks.

..Wait. So every dinosaur on the roster has to be a mutant, hybrid, retro or fantasy version of itself... Y'know what other Jurassic Park dinosaur fits ALL of those criterias?

#SpinosaurusforKWCE!
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:42 pm The issue from what i remember (from my own campaign lol) is Rexy is basically just a T. Rex.

And yet we give a pass to Mega Shark and Mosasaurus, I always found this to be a weak argument.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:06 pm And yet we give a pass to Mega Shark and Mosasaurus, I always found this to be a weak argument.
Ehh, i get it TBH

There was NO WAY that any Megalodon could pull off the impossible BS that happens in the Mega Shark movies, and there was definitely no Mosasaurus that reached even half the size of the one that showed up in Jurassic World lol The Rexes are pretty normal in comparison.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Welcome in Rexy, Spino & Manny the Mammoth.
I'd also add giant Transformation Warden Wrath.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:09 pm
godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:06 pm And yet we give a pass to Mega Shark and Mosasaurus, I always found this to be a weak argument.
Ehh, i get it TBH

There was NO WAY that any Megalodon could pull off the impossible BS that happens in the Mega Shark movies, and there was definitely no Mosasaurus that reached even half the size of the one that showed up in Jurassic World lol The Rexes are pretty normal in comparison.
Ignoring the fact that the Rexes in Jurassic Park are genetic mutants made with frog DNA and an aging one was able to go toe to toe with a literal mutant monster in the I-Rex. Point is the Mosasaurus is based on a real prehistoric creature and in the JP universe is a "normal" one of that kind. Mega Shark is just a bigger shark with more outlandish feats, not much different from The Meg in...The Meg

SoggyNoodles2016

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:48 pm
Ehh, i get it TBH

Ignoring the fact that the Rexes in Jurassic Park are genetic mutants made with frog DNA and an aging one was able to go toe to toe with a literal mutant monster in the I-Rex. Point is the Mosasaurus is based on a real prehistoric creature and in the JP universe is a "normal" one of that kind. Mega Shark is just a bigger shark with more outlandish feats, not much different from The Meg in...The Meg
The Meg in Meg didn't jump literally 800 feet and then fight a giant octopus lmao.

There's a clear difference between "exaggerated but still close to the real thing" and "literally not even close". Rexy is the former, Mega Shark is the latter.

I also missed the more important point that a candidate also has to be large enough to justify it. 40 foot long Rex's and Spinos don't count like a 90 foot long Mega Shark or at least 30 meter Last Dinosaur Rex (I think, need to re-do the scale) because it's a lot harder to bullshit one into suddenly being in the 100 meter scale then the other

RIP Evan.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:57 pm

Ehh, i get it TBH

The Meg in Meg didn't jump literally 800 feet and then fight a giant octopus lmao.

There's a clear difference between "exaggerated but still close to the real thing" and "literally not even close". Rexy is the former, Mega Shark is the latter.

I also missed the more important point that a candidate also has to be large enough to justify it. 40 foot long Rex's and Spinos don't count like a 90 foot long Mega Shark or at least 30 meter Last Dinosaur Rex (I think, need to re-do the scale) because it's a lot harder to bullshit one into suddenly being in the 100 meter scale then the other
Could definitely see the Meg jumping 900 ft and fighting Giant Cephalopods in the sequels. :Gigan:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:57 pm

Ehh, i get it TBH

Explain Gwangi, who was presented as a regular Allosaurus and scaled in size to a circus elephant. Or the I-Rex, who scaled to about the same size as the Tyrannosaurus from the Jurassic Park films.

Just feel like we easily could make wiggle room to include the other iconic big dinos of the JP films but do not. Which is a shame.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Explain Gwangi, who was presented as a regular Allosaurus and scaled in size to a circus elephant. Or the I-Rex, who scaled to about the same size as the Tyrannosaurus from the Jurassic Park films.

Just feel like we easily could make wiggle room to include the other iconic big dinos of the JP films but do not. Which is a shame.
I think the important factor you might be missing in all this is that there's a massive difference between what I allowed and what the current KWCE team allows. They have a different standard for it, and if they feel JP Rexy isn't enough, then it isn't enough. However, they're willing to keep everything I brought in so people can make the most out of what's there, with very, very few exceptions for removal (Starfish Hitler, Indoraptor, Rod Reiss Titan, and one more that I can't remember).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Some Yu-Gi-Oh Recs

Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Could shorten to just "Blue-Eyes" to work in Ultimate as an alternate skin)

Exodia the Forbidden One (Can even have Exodia Necross as an alternate skin)

The Egyptian Gods

The Great Leviathan

And Zorc

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:50 pm Some Yu-Gi-Oh Recs

Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Could shorten to just "Blue-Eyes" to work in Ultimate as an alternate skin)

The Egyptian Gods

The Great Leviathan

And Zorc
*Sees Zorc*

Well at least Mukadender ain't alone

As for Kaiju that could be added, I'd say Kemular and Powered Gabora for a skin

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

kaijufanforever wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:11 am
godjacob wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:50 pm Some Yu-Gi-Oh Recs

The Egyptian Gods

The Great Leviathan

And Zorc
*Sees Zorc*

Well at least Mukadender ain't alone

As for Kaiju that could be added, I'd say Kemular and Powered Gabora for a skin
Funny enough, was gonna suggest Mukadender vs. Zorc if Zorc got accepted lol

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

-MasterTyrannomon
-Titanicus
-John Carpenter's the Thing
-Devil Dinosaur
-Ganon/Ganondorf
-Iguanodon (Hybrid)
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

More Yu-Gi-Oh Recs (GX Era)

Ancient Gear Golem (Can shorten to "Ancient Gear" to work in Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem & Ancient Gear Chaos Giant as an alternate skins)

Cyber End Dragon (Could shorten to "Cyber Dragon" to work in things like Cyber Infinity Dragon)

The Sacred Beasts

Armed Dragon LV7 (Can just makes its levels alternate skins)

Rainbow Dragon (Can include Rainbow Dark Dragon as an alternate skin)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Giant Ammit and Khonsu from Moonknight.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

The Jurassic Park series Stegosaurus

RIP Evan.