K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Logan268 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:54 pm How tall can Godzilla (Singular Point) get as far as maximum height goes?
As far as I'm aware, 180 meters.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Logan268 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:54 pm How tall can Godzilla (Singular Point) get as far as maximum height goes?
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 pm As far as I'm aware, 180 meters.
In the KWC, it's 180 meters. Though for KWCE, if I recall right, he's allowed to cap at about 300 meters. If it's more than that, I'm not aware, but 300 meters for KWCE was last I heard.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KaijuX wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:28 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 pm As far as I'm aware, 180 meters.
In the KWC, it's 180 meters. Though for KWCE, if I recall right, he's allowed to cap at about 300 meters. If it's more than that, I'm not aware, but 300 meters for KWCE was last I heard.
Definitely not 300 meters. For the KWCE, upper limit on Ultima is somewhere around the 210-230 meter range, anywhere in there and you’re good, because he grows from 50 meters to somewhere vaguely above 100 (JJ in the final battle is 100 meters, Ultima’s a good bit taller than him, and given Toho’s track record, that means 120 meters tall).
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Was it ever specified on what color Godzilla’s atomic breath was in the American 1994 script? I'm asking because i'm considering making it a different color for my match.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:25 am Was it ever specified on what color Godzilla’s atomic breath was in the American 1994 script? I'm asking because i'm considering making it a different color for my match.
From what I remember, I don't think so. Though it's been a while since I read the script.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:25 am Was it ever specified on what color Godzilla’s atomic breath was in the American 1994 script? I'm asking because i'm considering making it a different color for my match.
Differs between being descirbed as white and yellow/orange. Likely was going to be blue in the final cut per Toho's rights.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:21 am
Differs between being descirbed as white and yellow/orange. Likely was going to be blue in the final cut per Toho's rights.
Eh, i can go for it being yellow. Can bounce off 2002's blue version well enough. Thanks!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Could we have Gigan be called Borodan in reference to the Godzilla vs Megalon comic?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Kiryu2012 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:36 pm Could we have Gigan be called Borodan in reference to the Godzilla vs Megalon comic?
You can reference it, just maybe don’t call him exclusively that unless you justify it in-universe.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

How exactly do Spark Dolls work? I know they're a monster that was shrunken down into a little Bandai figure, but how do they turn back? Is it something that could happen on accident? And if a person activates a Spark Doll, however they do that, do they have control over what the monster does?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:35 am How exactly do Spark Dolls work? I know they're a monster that was shrunken down into a little Bandai figure, but how do they turn back? Is it something that could happen on accident? And if a person activates a Spark Doll, however they do that, do they have control over what the monster does?
A person can use the Spark Doll in conjunction with the Ginga Spark, Ginga Light Spark, Dark Spark or Dark Dummy Spark to transform into the monster.

Alternatively, the Spark Doll can absorb certain energies to break the seal and reawaken, such as the Ultra Flare in Ultraman X.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:15 am
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:35 am How exactly do Spark Dolls work? I know they're a monster that was shrunken down into a little Bandai figure, but how do they turn back? Is it something that could happen on accident? And if a person activates a Spark Doll, however they do that, do they have control over what the monster does?
A person can use the Spark Doll in conjunction with the Ginga Spark, Ginga Light Spark, Dark Spark or Dark Dummy Spark to transform into the monster.

Alternatively, the Spark Doll can absorb certain energies to break the seal and reawaken, such as the Ultra Flare in Ultraman X.
Is the Ultra Flare a flare like a solar flare or a flare like from a flare gun?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:52 am Is the Ultra Flare a flare like a solar flare or a flare like from a flare gun?
The Ultra Flare is an event created when X pushed Greeza into Earth's sun, which triggered a wave of energy that stripped X of his physical body and awakened most of the dormant Spark Dolls on the planet.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, for Godzilla (1954) vs. Giganotosaurus, I'm planning on having Dr. Malik create a couple of new monsters. Nothing tgat interrupts the main fight of course, but some human sized, weird looking dinosaur hybrids and stuff. Is that okay?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:53 am So, for Godzilla (1954) vs. Giganotosaurus, I'm planning on having Dr. Malik create a couple of new monsters. Nothing tgat interrupts the main fight of course, but some human sized, weird looking dinosaur hybrids and stuff. Is that okay?
Yeah that should be fine
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can the Indominus rex be portrayed with her JW:E skins, instead of solely her skin color from the movie? I'd love to write a match with the I. rex possessing her Rainforest Pattern from JW:E.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:47 am Can the Indominus rex be portrayed with her JW:E skins, instead of solely her skin color from the movie? I'd love to write a match with the I. rex possessing her Rainforest Pattern from JW:E.
Yes, that’s fine
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but can we have specific battles where combatants are their movie sizes? Like; can we have the Alien Queen at her Aliens/AVP size battle a V-Rex in its unchanged King Kong (2005) size, due to their in-movie sizes being similar enough for it to still be a fair fight? And this rule will only apply to combatants who's in-film sizes are roughly even?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:07 pm I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but can we have specific battles where combatants are their movie sizes? Like; can we have the Alien Queen at her Aliens/AVP size battle a V-Rex in its unchanged King Kong (2005) size, due to their in-movie sizes being similar enough for it to still be a fair fight? And this rule will only apply to combatants who's in-film sizes are roughly even?
This has been asked before, but I don’t mind reiterating because things can get buried.

Writing monsters at their canon sizes instead of card sizes is A-ok. You can even do that with kaiju as well, if you want a Showa monster to fight a Heisei/MV monster and have both at canon height instead of scaled, go ahead.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Just don’t write a kaiju fighting a dinosaur-sized monster with both at canon sizes, that’s going a bit far lol
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:31 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:07 pm I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but can we have specific battles where combatants are their movie sizes? Like; can we have the Alien Queen at her Aliens/AVP size battle a V-Rex in its unchanged King Kong (2005) size, due to their in-movie sizes being similar enough for it to still be a fair fight? And this rule will only apply to combatants who's in-film sizes are roughly even?
This has been asked before, but I don’t mind reiterating because things can get buried.

Writing monsters at their canon sizes instead of card sizes is A-ok. You can even do that with kaiju as well, if you want a Showa monster to fight a Heisei/MV monster and have both at canon height instead of scaled, go ahead.
Badass. Thanks for the info. :huge: