K.W.C. Match Trivia

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. Match Trivia

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A few things for MV MechaG Vs Heisei Gamera vs Gyaos:

I started the match before GvK came out. The final battle leaked onto YouTube, and I couldn’t help but watch some parts because the wait was killing me lol, so I ended up writing a bit of the match, but stopped when I decided to wait for the movie proper first to get better context on everything and to get a better idea on Ren’s character…

Which leads to my next point, the novel for GvK was a huge help with this one. It provided a look into Ren’s character (I was originally going to write him with this general idea before I read the novel, but the novel helped focus things and provided fuel for why he’s the way he is, mainly with his dad), a description of what piloting Mechagodzilla was like from his perspective, and greater detail on Ghidorah’s takeover.
Spoiler:
In case anyone’s wondering what the hell Barugon’s doing here, that’s Heisei Barugon from the manga. He was allowed to cameo in the match due to being in the same continuity as the Heisei trilogy, even if he’s invalid as a combatant due to not being Toho-affiliated.

No clue if I’m gonna do a sequel. The groundwork is there obviously, so if I feel the need to I can definitely come back to it and make it happen.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoilers for Match 368
Spoiler:
At one point, I considered Rodan (Legendary) to also gonna join the monster rumble; in this version of the story, Baragon would've eventually died from fatal wounds sustained by the Gyaos, but Rodan would've come flying in and used his speed and skill at aerial combat to finally defeat the Super Gyaos. As all the other monsters would've parted ways, Rodan would've tracked down and adopted baby Baragon as his own; a reference to the alleged "trivia" for Destroy All Monsters.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Boom! Bringing this back to life!

First piece of trivia... This took 2 years too long. :lol: With the KWC workload I had and my motivation being shot at the time, progress on this one dragged until we firmly cemented it for a 375 release, which was finally the shot I needed to get this done. Even up to the day before it was posted, I was still touching it up to be sure--which I now feel content with.

Another bit is that the alternative names for the Military Police and Garrison (from Attack On Titan), the Public Order Administration and the Security Department respectively, are actually derived from the AOT novelization. They were something like the prototype names in-universe before they solidified into the MP and Garrison.
Spoiler:
The ending bit where Kubal kills Zone Fighter was always the major point I wanted to use, and had well in mind before the completion of Godzilla vs. Colossal Titan. While I'm sure some very few will probably see Godzilla and ZF getting their heads smashed in being a bit of a retread, I really hope that the different execution more than makes up for that. That moment was also meant to be a lot more graphic; but I decided to tone it down, because overdoing it can be detrimental as opposed to getting the point across.

I also said I'd save this for the KWCC, but fudge it; the banner and the moment that happens that's reflected in the banner is very much a My Hero Academia reference with All Might vs. All For One. Far, far too good. :lol:
AOT references aplenty! If you're familiar with AOT the series, then I think the references speak for themselves. :) As well as foreshadowing of things to come...
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

So, for Match 388;

The other Trilopods in the banner sans the Betas are definitely Nagoda's, but as for the Biollante-Trilopod, I made that one myself. I knew I wanted to use a 'big-boss' variant that hadn't been used or thought up before, and after some brainstorming I decided on Biollante. It took a while of photoshop tinkering and replicating Trilopod parts, along with color-changing, but eventually the result is the baddie looming over the mountain in the banner.

Said Biollante-Trilopod render can be found in the Monster Roundup Section, should anyone ever want to use that bad motherfucker in a match of their own. ;)
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (Heisei) vs Orochi (Heisei): Round 2 was created as a result of the updated Yamato Takeru bios, specifically what they meant for Orochi. Of all the Yamato Takeru monsters in the roster, Orochi has gotten the short end of the stick most consistently, so I wanted to take the information revealed in those bios and create something to show off the intended Orochi, the god of the underworld who requires the unstoppable power of Utsuno Iksuagami to vanquish. Especially given scrapped material that would have had Orochi fire all of his beams and punch a hole through Utsuno’s chest, suggesting a truly immense level of power.

Original plan was a gigantic trilogy of matches, this massive story that started with the Toku Heroes vs Kumasogami and some other monsters under the control of a new wizard created from a tooth of Orochi (I had an original name for him but I’ve forgotten it now, unfortunately), until Orochi was awakened and destroyed the heroes easily, then the next match would have had Orochi go off to awaken Bagan to team up with him, and then the final match of the trilogy would have been this global colossus of a match as Bagan and Orochi cause havoc all across the world and fight damn near everyone.

Ended up scrapping that, because it was too much. Just way too much. So scaled it back to this, one match that’s “merely” almost 20,000 words.

For some stuff on the match itself:
Spoiler:
As you could probably guess, Tsukuyomi/Orochi’s characterization in this match draws inspiration from Zamasu from Dragon Ball Super. But I did try to make sure the original motivation of him being jealous of Amaterasu’s domain was kept as well, recontextualizing it from simple “you have a pretty thing and I don’t, waaah” to a concern and anger that mortals despise him and him alone among the gods.

This has nothing to do with the continuity set up in Godzilla (Heisei) vs Godzilla (Reiwa), I simply chose to make this Godzilla Junior grown up due to the fact that I much prefer that route for a heroic Heisei Godzilla, especially with Showa Godzilla’s presence on the roster now. This is a standalone match, and has no plans or potential for a sequel.

Orochi devouring the Karyu’s beam and knifeblade, in addition to showcasing the capability to devour anything and convert it to energy shown in Orochi’s anatomy chart, was patterned to be a reference to Magatano Orochi from Ultraman Orb.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

In my original idea for Match 367, the Colossal Titan would appear after the Attack Titan and Armored Titan’s team up. I wanted to have all three included, because my concept was “Gigan in the AoT universe, has to figure out what’s going on.” But I pretty quickly realized that idea wouldn’t work for pacing reasons, so I dropped it from the match. I also planned for the match to be much more one-sided in Gigan’s favor, ending with him just wiping out humanity. But such an easy win be boring so I didn’t do it. However, I haven’t abandoned the other two ideas listed here just yet.

Not much was changed throughout this match’s writing process, aside from redoing the opening few paragraphs to make them sound nicer and changing up the ending a bit. Initially, the ending was much bleaker for Gigan. There was no declaration to return and destroy the world, instead it was uncertain if he would ever find his way out of the walls. Ultimately I decided that it should portray the situation more favorably, though I regretted not going even further in that direction for a while. It took a couple months, but I’m content with the ending now.

The last thing I can really think to say about this match is that it was submitted on Godzilla vs Gigan’s 50th anniversary. Not all that important but I think it’s neat.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoilers for those who haven't read/finished reading Match 395.
Spoiler:
Legendary Rodan was, at one point, considered to join the rumble. One idea I had was for him to arrive as the fight was nearing its end, and would get knocked unconscious by unknown means at one point. When he woke up, he would witness the Heisei pair fall to the erupting volcano with their egg; an event of which would spur him into a terrible rage and beat up Godzilla. Eventually, I scrapped the idea because I felt that one: there was enough Kaiju already in my view, and two: I felt that ending the match with the Rodan pair suffering the same fate as the '56 Rodans would be far more emotionally impactful.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

For Match 397,
Spoiler:
- my big incentive for writing this match, as hinted by the announcer, was I felt the electricity had become too much of a crutch for Kong in matches- an instant win as it were. As such, I wanted to write one where aside from giving him a second chance, it had nothing to do with the fight. This is also why I keep alluding to this Kong being the relatively normal Mondo one instead of the electric powered Faro.

- the audience "sympathizing with the more human Kong instead of the cold reptile" despite being the reason the two are even fighting was a direct jab at the similar argument people make about Godzilla fighting Kong.

- the guy talking to Kong in the beginning was Max Sigel/Spigel himself.

- the entire match was written on a never ending loop of the arena theme from Jedi: Fallen Order lol

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:42 pm
- the entire match was written on a never ending loop of the arena theme from Jedi: Fallen Order lol
Isn’t writing matches while listening to badass music just the best? :huge:

Hell, when I wrote Match 395, I did so on a nonstop playlist of Rodan’s themes from 56, Unleashed, and KotM.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

For Match 401:

At the time I wrote this match, the days of PMing a KWC Match had officially ended; now, it was a matter of mailing a Word Document to the KWC Verifier gmail account. I literally wrote this short, action-packed match as a test for the at-the-time new mailing system.

And now it’s here, and the Word Document days are over. :lol:

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

With #403 being out, I figured I would drop just a few small factoids.

First off, the Ultra Charge that Ultraman uses to rejuvenate Godzilla was originally just going to be Godzilla getting a second wind seeing his friend, but since at the time I had written the match, nobody had used the ability, I decided "why not?"

The Millenian UFO was originally going to be destroyed by Godzilla leaping from the water and catching it before smashing it, but I decided against it as it felt too unrealistic (I know that doesn't really make sense considering Showa is the goofiest of all of the incarnations, but hey, can't have it be too weird).

Godzilla was originally absent from the match. The original draft only had Ultraman and Orga. But I decided to revamp the match in favor of mimicking a good ol fashioned Tokusatsu team-up.

You know how sometimes you listen to fitting music when writing a match? Yeah, I did the complete opposite. I was blasting Machine Girl and the goddamn ost of Thomas & Friends.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm You know how sometimes you listen to fitting music when writing a match? Yeah, I did the complete opposite. I was blasting Machine Girl and the goddamn ost of Thomas & Friends.
I do that all the time. Hell, sometimes I put on scenes from a movie/TV show/video game on my phone and listen while also writing a match.

I could listen to a gentle, romantic scene between two people in love, with soft music and everything, all the while writing a match where Hedorah’s smashing Ultraseven’s nuts with a sledgehammer.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:22 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm You know how sometimes you listen to fitting music when writing a match? Yeah, I did the complete opposite. I was blasting Machine Girl and the goddamn ost of Thomas & Friends.
I do that all the time. Hell, sometimes I put on scenes from a movie/TV show/video game on my phone and listen while also writing a match.

I could listen to a gentle, romantic scene between two people in love, with soft music and everything, all the while writing a match where Hedorah’s smashing Ultraseven’s nuts with a sledgehammer.
Ok, I kinda want to see that now

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Time for some trivia on Attack Titan & Super X vs Orochi. It was a lot worse before more modern me’s revisions, as is the case when you write something as a Junior in High School. This match was a lot worse with terrible grammar and story scenes.

When I write, I tend to over think and research into everything, such as viewing the Super X’s cutaway diagram and learning it has Tear Gas as an option for its missiles for the Anti-Godzilla equipment, like with the Cadmium. It’s got Vulcan miniguns as well, turrets with 300mm “Special Bullets”, and a variety of lasers of course. It was a lot of fun researching about the Super X and what it could do in a match, and I tried incorporating what I learned about it into the match as best I could with the restraints of it being old and unused for years in context of the match’s world.

Another thing in this match was that I watched Yamato Takeru and there was a line in the end of the film that Tsukuyomi would come back and help humanity instead of destroy it, as Gods are just like that sometimes. So, my idea was he eventually did come back, but came back during a Great War. As such, he sought to help and guide humanity by conquering them, ending their war by force and creating the walls to preserve and teach humanity the ways of peace. Of course, he can’t have any other beings not of this world interfere, so Ultraman had to go, just in case he decided to interfere.

In this case, it’s less an evil overlord ruling humanity through fear and evil, but more he’s trying his best to help Humanity the only way he can from the point he arrived, which is through ruling them and ending their wars by force. Kinda like a parent and a child. The parent tries their best to teach their child how to be good, and if they do bad they get punished. And like a child, the mortals need to be guided and taught, not completely eradicated like he originally was going to do. They are lost, destroying their homes and each other, so he interfered to Save the Mortals in his own way.

Spoiler tagging this next part for those who have yet to read the match.
Spoiler:
The Attack Titan was always meant to lose this fight. This was Eren’s first transformation, and he is still in that Berserk Rage state. He is not ready to fight a God head on yet. He still needs to learn to control his power, and unlock the true potential of the Attack Titan, being the recently added power of Future Sight. Plus some other things I have in mind for the future. The rest of this series is supposed to be Eren’s journey to control and harness his power, while also seeking out the artifacts of Yamato Takeru to defeat Tsukuyomi, with some side conflicts back at the walls with the other Titans.
As for the cloaked figure talking to Tsukuyomi, that is an entirely different storyline all together, which is part of all of my matches in some point in their various points of progression.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

April Fools trivia coming up!

- The match makes reference to all four Evil Dead films (At the moment). Heavily parodying the first two, but
Spoiler:
Army is referenced by Gabara and Nobuto talking about S-Mart. Evil Dead (2013) is referenced by Ichiro's death with Mia killing the abomination, with Minilla shoving the chainsaw through his head.
- Aside from Gabara/Sanko, the rest of the bullies didn't have names. Instead, the names of the actors for the kids were applied to them.

-
Spoiler:
Following up with this, but Minilla was originally supposed to be the sole survivor of the story. However, the opportunity to make Nobuto to just keep saying "no" (Mainly did this because of the name) repeatedly and go off on his own made me like him so much to the point where I couldn't kill him off.
-
Spoiler:
Gabara was meant to survive a tad longer, mirroring how Scotty (The Evil Dead) leaves the cabin to find a way out of the woods, but comes back after a minute. He would have been converted into a Pigmon and dispatched quickly by Ichiro. However, that changed as I thought it would be funnier if he just went out complaining and the Pigmons going full sicko mode on him.
And to visualize who each of the bullies were, here's a photo of each one.

Toshiya and Gabara:
Spoiler:
Toru and Hiroyuki:
Spoiler:
Nobuto:
Spoiler:
Lastly, with the news segments, there was originally going to be one more. It involved the return of (Former) Prime Minister Shin, but I scraped it early on, because it would have largely been a repeat of Gordon segment. The only minor difference would be Shin telling everyone the "Pigmons are good". Plus, I couldn't really think of a way I could make it funny or at least to me. However, certain news about the (Former) Prime Minister might have worked. If only April Fools was a later date, but alas, I'm happy with how this turned out.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Some Match 408 Trivia. More or less stuff pertaining to the monsters as the more important stuff would be covered in the KWCC.

First off, if matches had a theme song, this would be it. Since this was the song I was practically listening to capture the feel of not only the match, but our two leads for the story, with how far they have fallen and both of yearning to make things better, yet unsure how to.
Spoiler:
Ultraman Jack vs. Baragon: The Battle of Mount Myoko
Spoiler:
- Baragon was originally meant to survive rather than be killed by taking advantage of Jack's hallucination to retreat.
Ultraman Jack vs. Behemoth: The Route to Our Failures
Spoiler:
- Behemoth's role was originally meant to go to Anguirus, but after developing the chapter more and more, I decided Behemoth was the character for it. Due to his rather benevolent nature, it hits the more tragic feeling the general story was going for and to really make Jack sink down. Then, there's also the fact that I made this canon to the Showa Godzilla timeline. Plus, I can't do that to Anguirus. It's a flaw about me as a writer, because I love the guy way too much.

- The flashbacks to Ken dying from the Nackle would have started here instead of in the second chapter. Originally, each of the fights would have sparked a memory being unlocked for Hideki have to properly confront it. Baragon's was still kept with the hiking incident and the Gudon fight somewhat kept the endangerment of Aki's life from Episodes 5 and 6. Thus, going back to the first sentence, would have been yet another trigger for Jack to snap at Behemoth, instead of just the bracelet breaking apart.
Ultraman Jack vs. Hideki Go
Spoiler:
- 80's cameo was originally going to be for Taro's son, Taiga, but I wasn't sure if he was allowed for that type of role, so he was dropped. Plus, it wasn't something that was going to get any focus on in the story.
Ultraman Jack vs. Gudon: One Last Act (Of Kindness)
Spoiler:
- Gudon was originally going to lose an arm, but considering the growth Jack was starting to go through, I wanted him to not be as ruthless as he was before.
Then, the biggest one I'll reveal is..
Spoiler:
Only Hideki originally got the development, with Jack just being the "emotional support". Thankfully, that was just very, very early in the planning stages. Meaning, there were no flashbacks regarding Jack, just stuff he alluded to. The story wouldn't have worked out if I had just gone in that direction, as they both needed that development to complete their arcs and each other.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Alright so with the Mid-Year Announcement having been shipped out, I can finally reveal some stuff about Match 410.
This match was a VERY old one that was buried. I don't know the exact timeframe when I started writing it, but it was before Godzilla vs. Kong even had any leaks, so approximately 2+ years.

For the gory ending, I had actually taken some inspiration from Primal, which at this time had only just begun. I figured that it had been a while since we had a match where both combatants just go completely ballistic and just focus only on ripping each other to shreds.

And now, we get to the elephant in the room: the after-credits.

So, a little story here. When I had written the ending stinger with Zetton, it was only intended to be a cameo and nothing more. But as time went on, Shin Ultraman came to be, and several months after I had submitted the match, I got a PM from the head honcho himself KaijuX. Coming to me, he basically confirmed that Zetton was eventually coming and gave me the stats and abilities.
Now I'm not allowed to share these at the moment, but it felt wild. It honestly felt like I had just gotten like nuclear codes from the U.S. President.

So in a nutshell, I had the info on Zetton for more than a year and just couldn't say anything.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

With my first K.W.C match being uploaded with Match 424, it's time for me to revive this thread with some Orochi vs. Team Guardians trivia! Spoilers, of course.
  • The birth of this match actually predates me getting into the K.W.C itself. Around October of 2018, while scrolling through DeviantART, I had re-discovered the K.W.C through a bunch of banners uploaded by Nagoda and KaijuX. By the time I had it was a lot different from what I remembered, and definitely different than what it is now. Mind you, this was before Godzillasaurus even retired (though I think he was close to his last three matches) so.. yeah. :lol: While scrolling through ye ol', pre Match 300 Combatant Statistics, I had stumbled across the Yamato Takeru cast again (sans Kaishin Muba), and thought "Hey, these guys look pretty cool!" and quickly realized Orochi was a powerhouse. I saw Nagoda was still up for request and thought about making an "Orochi vs. Everyone" banner. And for anyone wondering what the original banner for what eventually became 424 looked like...

When I was thinking of monsters I wanted in the banner, there were a few different characters I had in mind. Godzilla (Legendary) and Gabara crossed it before I chose Gomora, and I first thought about King Caesar getting included, but ultimately decided to go with an Ultra. First I thought about just using Ultraman himself, but then I realized Seven only had one match at the time, felt bad, and gave him the spot. Megalon was here because I wanted at least one "unlikely ally" amongst the team. Now, I wasn't actually planning to even make this a match at first; and actually went with Mechagodzilla (Heisei) vs. Everyone as my first foray into the K.W.C, which... went nowhere. After a while though, I said "You know what? Screw it, I'll make it realiy. I quickly realized though It would be better if I had a co-writer aboard.

A little bit after that, I had saw GVR was asking for a co-writer on a project, which was a Legendary Kong match. LPG Kong wasn't in the K.W.C yet either, but I ultimately proposed to him that if he helped with Orochi vs. Team Guardians, I would help with his fight, and the rest was history. Ironically though, that Kong match, uh, never happened. MV Kong's debut got delayed by a good bit so we put it on hold. If he ever got back to it, I wasn't involved.
Alright, going into spoiler territory now.
Spoiler:
If your wondering who was responsible for which kaiju dying, you can blame Baragon's on me. The rest though were mostly GVR's doing. Anguirus' in particular actually was the first time I got emotional at anything K.W.C related just because of how damn brutal it got. So uh.. thanks for that Matt. :P

I did briefly consider having Megalon die before we got to writing anything, but I don't think having Seatopia making peace with humanity would have been quite as satisfying if we didn't see Megalon also making peace with the other monsters, so the beetle lived.

When I was thinking about the epilogue on Monster Island, I liked the idea of Biollante finally heading back to Earth and living their, constantly making flowers bloom. It probably would have been included... had I not totally forgot about it. Whoops.

The epilogue was also written before the MonsterVerse versions of Rodan and Mothra were included in the K.W.C proper, so those little cameos were really just their to make sure they weren't entirely forgotten. And I'll straight up admit, that last bit with Kong heading to Skull Island was basically sequel bait, which would have had him on rocky terms with MV Kong at first, but they would have teamed up to fight against some Skullcrawlers and alien kaiju later. I'll probably never write it myself, but if anyone else is interested, be my guest!
One more thing: notice how Baragon is the only one whose design changed between banners? Sometime last year KaijuX popped by and asked if Baragon could be changed to his Millennium counterpart for the banner, because Showa was retiring soon, and the two weren't hybridized yet. Naturally, I said yes. I'm assuming M-Baragon being used is a sign that Nagoda updated the banner to include him around that time.

IDK if GVR will pop by here and want to add anything, so I'll stop for now.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:42 am IDK if GVR will pop by here and want to add anything, so I'll stop for now.
Can’t think of anything, so carry on my dude. Other than, that MV Kong project is definitely dead given how I don’t even remember what it was lmao, and MV Kong vs Megalon is the first MV Kong match that I’ll probably complete.
KWCE Administrator

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

With the new multimedia match, got a couple of snippets in regards to it.

1) This was originally going to be a fully written match. But I didn't have to drive to do it, and I had wanted to try another gambit to a Multimedia match after the Godzilla vs. Anguirus one. I definitely wanted to try going it solo, and figured it'd be slightly easier (though that part can be subjective lol).

2) In the earliest versions, I did start scripting it with the intent of some kind of narration; but this element was cut in favor of keeping production going (especially as the match itself was slated for the Yamato month we had already planned, so the less I had to worry about, the better). I also couldn't just see it work as organically as what transpired with Godzilla vs. Anguirus; aside from the intro with the last survivor, I decided to scrap that element entirely and challenge myself to do it all-audio and see how it went. While I'm ultimately content with how it turned out, I think stuff like narration would've been better; or at least don't tackle 7+ monsters for a non-narrated match. :lol:

3) The final winner changed throughout up until the end. The original end I had slated was for Gyaos to be the victor; the match was going to have Daimajin conquer the spirits of the Yamato Guardians, only for a last-second swarm of Gyaos to overwhelm in (this was originally going to be a sequel to Match 358 and exist in that universe). But I decided to scale that back to just Daimajin defeating the Guardians up until the last minute, where I shifted it to it being a draw between the six of them after the Guardians use their essence to quell / seal him. It's almost shocking to learn that this marks the first draws for Baragon and Varan...
Last edited by KaijuX on Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells