What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I got a callback for a fun role next week, and am officially part of two writer's rooms.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Things were fucked at work when I left this morning and I was almost certain I'd be extra late getting home tonight. Thank God by some small miracle the mess was only a fraction of what I was expecting. All things considered I might actually get off at a decent time in the morning. Wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

While I was initially very sad that The Walking Dead had ended, a show that has been a very important part of my life since I was 8 years old, I have now learned that there is a whole other layer to the show that I completely missed. That there is a group, a government entity that never appears but has been hinted at as far back as the first season and connects with all the spin offs I now need to see. That shit right there, that shit is what gets me excited. That there is more to the story then what we see in the 11 seasons worth of episodes. That there are layers that the casual fan will never know about. This show truly is something very special to me.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Played the annual Thanksgiving football with the family, a usual with me, finally got to be team captain, finished in a tie, I scored 6 touchdowns, downside is my legs are sore as fuck now.

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

SlicK's new video dropping today made everything great.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Logan268 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:40 pm SlicK's new video dropping today made everything great.
Yeah it did
Spoiler:
Heisei killing FW in the end made me want to jump up and celebrate, but my legs weren't in the best shape due to the family football game I was in

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:59 pm
Logan268 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:40 pm SlicK's new video dropping today made everything great.
Yeah it did
Spoiler:
Heisei killing FW in the end made me want to jump up and celebrate, but my legs weren't in the best shape due to the family football game I was in
That video was amazingly done.
Spoiler:
My favorite part, by far, was when Showa picked Earth up and threw him, and then gave the finger. 🖕
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:11 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:59 pm
Yeah it did
Spoiler:
That video was amazingly done.
Spoiler:
My favorite part, by far, was when Showa picked Earth up and threw him, and then gave the finger. 🖕
That was awesome as well.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Yesterday I went to the aquarium and zoo for the first time in over a decade and a half, as well as walked some trails. Really helps get out of your head to see the majesty of the natural world.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:20 am Yesterday I went to the aquarium and zoo for the first time in over a decade and a half, as well as walked some trails. Really helps get out of your head to see the majesty of the natural world.
Noice. Which aquarium and zoo was it?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:41 am Noice. Which aquarium and zoo was it?
Belle Isle Aquarium, Detroit Zoo.
The Belle Isle Aquarium was closed for a long time, and only reopened a couple years back. They have some nice exhibits, including a lungfish, electric eel, and even an electric catfish!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Metallica dropped a new song and announced a new album. Had to try not to fucking pass out from excitement at work.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

New Metallica eh? Damn I'm excited, gonna go listen now.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Any day a new kaiju movie releases is a good day, right? Troll is out on Netflix, and it isn't bad at all! It takes a lot of notes from the Monsterverse, and definitely acknowledges Japanese traditions, too. Go watch it!

Yes, I'm spamming a lot of posts about this, I know. :lol: But there's not much buzz around it here, and that's not right. I don't want to see this thing ignored just because it isn't part of an established franchise. And any time one of these movies does well and earns money, that's good for the genre as a whole. If you like Godzilla or Kong or Gamera, you should be supporting the little guys, too.

EDIT: And I stumbled across a new Fred the Dinosaurman video, of all things. The guy hasn't posted in five years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HgeYkg ... inosaurman
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Some corporate eggheads, including some very high ranking members of the company, came in to brutally grill the employees. I overheard a lot of shit they said, so I was surprised when several of them wanted to personally thank me for being a "roll model" for how a store floor cleaner should be. I got nothing but praise and they all talked about how hard I was working. Said the floors were some of the cleanest they've seen.

If only they new I had spent a good two hours or so of my shift sitting in the bathroom on my phone (which, if anything, shows how unneccessary it is for me to work as long as I do if I can get everything done in such a pristine way with two hours to spare)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Had a very great day today. Went out to the beach with my girlfriend, my friends, and their SOs. We had such a great time and ate lots of great food.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

I was called beautiful today. I don't know that I've ever been called beautiful before!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Iran abolishes its morality police : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63850656

Makes me wonder what the police themselves will do now without jobs? Resort to a life of crime?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Watched Violent Night, the Guardians Christmas Special, and decorated the tree. All in all a good day.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Finished another short story that I'm proud of, Going to let it sit for a few days, as my literary friend for some feedback, and then I'm going to send it off and submit it to some literary magazines (to probably be rejected). I'm happy because even if I get rejected, I have been trying to actively write and get published, and the first step of that is failure through actually trying to get your work out there.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.