What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:10 pm Well, that's another thing. I really feel sorry for any dog breed that's been bred to have a pushed in face (brachycephalic is the term). Those poor things have such a hard time breathing and have such poor quality of life.
There's a study in the UK illustrating just how unhealthy those poor things can be.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 am
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:10 pm Well, that's another thing. I really feel sorry for any dog breed that's been bred to have a pushed in face (brachycephalic is the term). Those poor things have such a hard time breathing and have such poor quality of life.
There's a study in the UK illustrating just how unhealthy those poor things can be.
I just read the article and there's only one little thing wrong with it.

The dogs that eventually became the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel originally had a normal muzzle. The dog this article is talking about is the King Charles Spaniel (known as the English Toy Spaniel in the AKC) and was brought about by crossing the normal-muzzled dogs with Pugs (which were also popular with the British royal family at the time), thus getting the pushed-in face they have today. The normal-muzzled dogs then almost disappeared for about a century before they were re-created and named the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (personally, I think the AKC should re-name the pushed-in face dogs the King Charles Spaniel, which is what they're called in the UK, since "English Toy Spaniel" is basically a catch-all term for both breeds. But I digress...).

Off-topic for a minute, the four colors that these two breeds both have (King Charles (black and tan), Prince Charles (tricolor (white with black and tan markings)), Blenheim (white with red markings) and Ruby (red)) were not the only ones back in the day. There were two others, white with black markings and black, but they seem to have become extinct. They can be seen, however, on old paintings featuring the dogs. I've often wondered why no one's tried to bring them back. Surely they must appear in litters of either breed from time to time.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

When people who have higher power say no to you having an idea that could positively affect something, then just doesn't even let you explain any further, or doesn't let others give their responses to how they feel, in other words, people who lock you out of the freedom of explaining something that could be really fun, or creative.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:24 pm When people who have higher power say no to you having an idea that could positively affect something, then just doesn't even let you explain any further, or doesn't let others give their responses to how they feel, in other words, people who lock you out of the freedom of explaining something that could be really fun, or creative.
If you're referring to this (which you obviously are), there's no discussion to be had about it. There's no argument you could ever give that would convince staff to go along with it. FMs have forbidden fan characters and video game characters since their inception and there's no rush to change that anytime soon. You're not the first, you won't be the last to suggest something like this. It was nipped in the bud immediately to stop yet another debate about it from happening.

There is no reason to create an "Anything Goes" subforum for the FMs. Think about it. Would you rather post your matches in the restricted forum or the free-for-all one? It would essentially nullify the original forum altogether. There's utterly no way to regulate fan-created or video game characters in FMs because their abilities and powers can be changed on the spot. There's nothing stopping a fan character's creator from suddenly giving them the ability to make every living creature in existence vaporize instantly. It's utterly impossible to regulate and utterly nonsensical to implement.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

There are fourteen episodes of the original Perry Mason TV series that aren't available on Prime Video (or on HBO Max, which is actually missing many more episodes). One of these fourteen is scheduled on MeTV tomorrow at 9 AM -- unfortunately, however, this is only for traditional OTA and cable/satellite television. I get MeTV on the "frndly" streaming service, on which MeTV occasionally schedules different episodes (streaming rights' issues, most likely), and such is the case tomorrow.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

UltramanGoji locking the 15 mil or time with Jesus, then saying we don't need it, but then he never locks this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21746

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:01 pm UltramanGoji locking the 15 mil or time with Jesus, then saying we don't need it, but then he never locks this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21746
.....what? "The 15 mil or time with Jesus"? What does that mean? And as silly as that thread is, why should it be locked?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:20 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:01 pm UltramanGoji locking the 15 mil or time with Jesus, then saying we don't need it, but then he never locks this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21746
.....what? "The 15 mil or time with Jesus"? What does that mean? And as silly as that thread is, why should it be locked?
It's also in the general discussion, go check it out, there is nothing wrong with it, and have you seen some of the stuff on the one I gave a link to? Also, we don't need that more than the 15 Million dollars or whatever time with Jesus, because the 15 mil or Jesus doesn't really get, well, you know, filled with creepy shit.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

For future reference, stop complaining about staff locking threads, especially when it's very obviously spam or weird hypotheticals.

If you take issue with the "what characters you're attracted to thread", don't view it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:44 pm
For future reference, stop complaining about staff locking threads, especially when it's very obviously spam or weird hypotheticals.

If you take issue with the "what characters you're attracted to thread", don't view it.
But I didn't see anything wrong with what UltramanGoji blocked, plus, isn't Toho kingdom infamous for the arguments?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 pm

But I didn't see anything wrong with what UltramanGoji blocked,
It was a thread with religious subject matter. That stuff doesn't tend to end well.
plus, isn't Toho kingdom infamous for the arguments?
Yeah, but the board doesn't need MORE of it. You WANT the mods and admins to have more headaches?
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Love that you imply I'm the sole decision maker when it comes to locking threads as if there aren't a handful of other staff members who also have a say in what gets locked or left open.

And also for future reference, if you have a problem with something a.) use the Report function or b.) PM a staff member.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:52 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 pm

But I didn't see anything wrong with what UltramanGoji blocked,
It was a thread with religious subject matter. That stuff doesn't tend to end well.
plus, isn't Toho kingdom infamous for the arguments?
Yeah, but the board doesn't need MORE of it. You WANT the mods and admins to have more headaches?
No, are you tryna accuse me of wishing bad on them, just because I didn't agree with a decision UltramanGoji made doesn't mean I hate them all. ANd I didn't know that stuff tends to go badly, because the only one I've seen besides the locked one was the what religion are you, and I didn't see any major fights, so pardon me for not knowing.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Honestly, it just seems like you're trying to stir the pot. You were told multiple times to stop. If you sincerely weren't, just relax and go about your business. Don't continue this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:00 pm Honestly, it just seems like you're trying to stir the pot. You were told multiple times to stop. If you sincerely weren't, just relax and go about your business. Don't continue this.
OK, I just didn't see anything wrong, and I'm still kind of new, so I didn't know.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

This guy named X says that MV Rodan beats Fire Rodan, because "he took a gravity beam to the chest". I'm already in a heated discussion with this guy, but you can read it here (redacted)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don’t start problems, or direct frustrations, off-site like this

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

No thanks. YouTube comments are the worst of the worst.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:34 am No thanks. YouTube comments are the worst of the worst.
We don’t agree much, but I defo agree here. It is a cesspool of bullshittery.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

When video games that feature extensive cosmetic customization to your character, remove half your gear in cutscenes. No reason for this given by the developers will ever be good enough for this.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I am tired of bugs. Their constant appetite.

I am tired of my food being nommed into by a bunch of insects during my lunch break

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!