What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hit the button that clears the forum on accident. It's been a while since I've done that.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

The cost of shipping labels. God damn. $60 to send my figures out that I sold for $150

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The rising cost of action figures.

Look at this shit: https://news.toyark.com/2022/12/01/demo ... any-489701

145 bucks. For one 6 inch toy. I would just love a badass looking knight for my collection. But not at 145.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The rising cost of pet food, too. A 12-pack of Pedigree canned dog food cost about $11 a year ago, now it's about $16. A 40-pack of Friskies canned cat food was $20, now it's $28. That shit adds up fast, especially since it's an essential item you have to buy often. This inflation is killing me. I was happily dropping twenty, fifty, occasionally a hundred bucks a check on figures or Blu-rays or other luxury stuff a few months ago, and now I can't afford anything extra. I buy a Blu-ray, I don't have lunch money. Assuming I had the damn lunch money to begin with.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Been arguing on twitter about why "Snow Monster vs Ice Shark" isn't a "kaiju movie" and is closer to Scy-Fy channel schlock, but casuals who think this genre is only awesome because there's two hours of buildings crashing will never see my point. So thanks KaijuNewsOutlet :lol:, I guess since news tends to be slow in this fandom you've gotta attach that label to anything giant and obscure.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:00 am Been arguing on twitter
There's your first mistake!

I can see how that would be frustrating. Some of the Syfy schlock, with like maybe max 4 minutes of giant monsters on screen, should really be kept far away from the genre.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:28 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:00 am Been arguing on twitter
There's your first mistake!

I can see how that would be frustrating. Some of the Syfy schlock, with like maybe max 4 minutes of giant monsters on screen, should really be kept far away from the genre.
Absolutely to both parts :lol:

I feel the more people starve for kaiju content, and label everything under the shlocky syfy sun "Kaiju movies", the more we're just inadvertently coming back around full circle to the old painful american stereotype of the genre. Soon we'll be seeing "My favorite kaiju film has to be Octoshark vs Snaketopus, I know it's a little underground but..."
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:56 pm I feel the more people starve for kaiju content, and label everything under the shlocky syfy sun "Kaiju movies", the more we're just inadvertently coming back around full circle to the old painful american stereotype of the genre. Soon we'll be seeing "My favorite kaiju film has to be Octoshark vs Snaketopus, I know it's a little underground but..."
I understand that mindset in a post-GFW-word to G14, but now that we have Pacific Rim, the Monsterverse, new Toho Godzilla productions, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and a plethora of western giant monster films (Rampage), the mockbusters being so desperately clung too is a tad ridiculous.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I personally really enjoy stupid shitty mockbusters, Sharktopus being a personal favorite, but the association with kaiju films is very bizarre to me. If anything, they have more in common with Vs movies, like FreddyvJason and AlienvPredator (not that they are anywhere near the quality of those two)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

People are so quick on the internet today to want to be right and prove you wrong they don't even stop and read what you have written out I full anymore.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:23 am People are so quick on the internet today to want to be right and prove you wrong they don't even stop and read what you have written out I full anymore.
Yeah, it's crazy man. I wish people would stop, breathe, and consider what's in front of them. A single flower only blooms for so long, ya know?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Trying to explain myself when my brain and line of thought refuses to cooperate. I come off bumbling and I hate it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SUPERTOHOREMIX wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:50 am Trying to explain myself when my brain and line of thought refuses to cooperate. I come off bumbling and I hate it.
This. Trying to talk to people at work is like this for me. I open my mouth and I feel like I'm in a car with no brakes careening down a hill. Words come tumbling out and rarely sound as intelligent or organized as I would like. I'll be kicking myself after the conversation is over, thinking of a dozen more coherent things I could have said.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

The phrase, "Appreciate what you have". I have more than enough personal experience to say that that can only go so far.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Forgetting the trash bags we need after spending an hour in the grocery store.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Spending like fifteen minutes looking into background and context for a movie ( Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance, in this case), getting all ready to watch it... and then finding out that my HBO Max subscription is on hold and I'm too broke to pay it for another week...

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

The continued existence of Saturday Night Live. It's not funny. It never was funny. It's had funny people in its cast but it's not fucking funny. And people still talk about it like it's actually relevant.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

An event I was supposed to DJ at got postponed with just an hour's notice due to "Weather" when there isn't any.
Resized Image

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:58 am The continued existence of Saturday Night Live. It's not funny. It never was funny. It's had funny people in its cast but it's not fucking funny. And people still talk about it like it's actually relevant.
I'm should show this to my boomer Dad to piss him off. I agree completely.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:38 pm I'm should show this to my boomer Dad to piss him off. I agree completely.
Lorne Michaels needs to be stopped
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.