What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Spuro »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:03 am
Spoiler:
Funnily enough, it was actually a liberal sub. One that Im really bummed about being banned from because I largely agree with its cause. I just pointed out that the Democrats in congress arent really that progressive as a whole and Ive been disillusioned by the fact that they havent done much to try and stop Republicans from doing whatever the fuck they want. The mods accused me of pushing "both sides" bullshit despite pointing out in my comment that the Republicans are objectively worse.
Yeah yeah, I'd agree with you there. Dunno what those mods were smoking.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:47 am Microsoft Word being a piece of goddamn monkey poop and deleting half an hour of work.
Was it a glitch or something? Or does Word just do that now...?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Technology being a pain in the ass. I swear, every year my family and I experience technical issues such as internet connection or devices simply not working. It always ruins our day and just makes us miserable and confused.

Last week, my computer wouldn't send the signal to my monitor, so I had to get it fixed, which cost me $45. As I'm writing this, it works....somewhat. I did have a little bit of problems while getting it running again, but at least I wrote all of my passwords, including my Toho Kingdom password, on paper just in case it happens again. I'm definitely going to get a new computer. It might be next week, it might be next month or it might be next year. Who knows. Only time will tell.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:42 pm Technology being a pain in the ass. I swear, every year my family and I experience technical issues such as internet connection or devices simply not working. It always ruins our day and just makes us miserable and confused.

Last week, my computer wouldn't send the signal to my monitor, so I had to get it fixed, which cost me $45. As I'm writing this, it works....somewhat. I did have a little bit of problems while getting it running again, but at least I wrote all of my passwords, including my Toho Kingdom password, on paper just in case it happens again. I'm definitely going to get a new computer. It might be next week, it might be next month or it might be next year. Who knows. Only time will tell.
Me and my family are having the same problems, and it pisses me off every time

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

“Opposites attract” is me and reddit. I am often in disgust of what I see, but I can’t help but come back for more.

Anyway, what gets on my nerves is getting downvoted to the centre of the earth for calling out people denying the Holdomor.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I know I make posts like this every Summer, but it's true every Summer, so: bugs. My lunch break should not be more stressful than working, but there's a fly in the room that disagrees. Like, damn. I don't want to have to kill the little bastard, but he obviously has a death wish.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 pm I know I make posts like this every Summer, but it's true every Summer, so: bugs. My lunch break should not be more stressful than working, but there's a fly in the room that disagrees. Like, damn. I don't want to have to kill the little bastard, but he obviously has a death wish.
Tell me about it! I’m especially attractive to mosquitos. One trip outside in December and/or January and I come back in covered in lumps that itch like a bitch.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Been having an ant problem as of late mostly in the kitchen. Tried white vinegar. Doesn't seem to be repelling them...-_-

Maybe talk with my dad about possibly hiring an exterminator and where these buggers could be nesting.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sony. Sony gets on my nerves.

https://boingboing.net/2022/06/23/sonys ... unter.html

How do you make films of Spider-Man villains if you can't even properly make them VILLAINS!?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:25 pm Sony. Sony gets on my nerves.

https://boingboing.net/2022/06/23/sonys ... unter.html

How do you make films of Spider-Man villains if you can't even properly make them VILLAINS!?
Just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Yeah it sucks.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:43 am Been having an ant problem as of late mostly in the kitchen. Tried white vinegar. Doesn't seem to be repelling them...-_-

Maybe talk with my dad about possibly hiring an exterminator and where these buggers could be nesting.
Use cinnamon.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:16 pmUse cinnamon.
Thanks for the suggestion but I've since gotten my little ant problem resolved. Borax mixed with icing sugar and warm water. Haven't seen an ant for two days now. Colony must been killed.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:15 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:16 pmUse cinnamon.
Thanks for the suggestion but I've since gotten my little ant problem resolved. Borax mixed with icing sugar and warm water. Haven't seen an ant for two days now. Colony must been killed.
Congrats, Ants almost ran me crazy once.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Goddammit why am I always having problem with every lawnmower I have. Side of the metal thing bent and now its getting in the way of the blade. -_-

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:35 am lawnmower
You answered your own question. Those things can never just work for any length of time. But yeah, that sucks.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

When TV shows advertise their product as being something that the whole world cares about. Eg. a murder that happened 20 years ago or something in regional Australia “has the whole world hooked”.

Fuck off Channel 9 Network.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Believe me, I'm no puritan. But something that really sticks in my craw lately is the new Thor and (can't believe I'm saying this) Taika Waititi.
The Marvel movies are superhero movies, and superheroes really hit the most for kids. As a kid I loved more mature stories, sure, but there's just something that rubs me the wrong way about all the oversexed elements of the new Thor. The "thirst trap" elements of the movie are what I keep seeing all the writeups talk about. But to me I think there's a line somewhere for how horny a superhero movie that sells action figures to kids should be.
Take the Showa Godzilla films, hell all the Toho made Godzilla films- out of 30 some odd films there's only one kiss (and I guess Katsura's fake chesticles and Yuki's butt cheeks). Nothing that really screams "horny" like the new Thor has. Because at the end of the day kids love Godzilla. It just don't sit right with me.
Thor 4 clearly isn't the only offender, but y'know it just seems the most blatant. If I was a parent I couldn't imagine taking a younger kid to see characters sit around and talk about Chris Hemsworth's mjolnir.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Well, it IS PG-13.

It's amazing the kind of stuff I watched as a child in PG movies back in the 80s. Meanwhile, violent rated R movies like Robocop and Terminator 2 had toy lines for children.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:57 am Take the Showa Godzilla films, hell all the Toho made Godzilla films- out of 30 some odd films there's only one kiss (and I guess Katsura's fake chesticles and Yuki's butt cheeks).
Don't forget the poster in the cab of the Megalon villains' truck. :lol:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:57 am Take the Showa Godzilla films, hell all the Toho made Godzilla films- out of 30 some odd films there's only one kiss (and I guess Katsura's fake chesticles and Yuki's butt cheeks). Nothing that really screams "horny" like the new Thor has. Because at the end of the day kids love Godzilla. It just don't sit right with me.
Yeah, the context of the nudity in the Godzilla films has never been as erotica. Katsura's operation is probably the closest the Japanese films have come, but because the nudity occurs during an operation on her dead body (!), I think Honda was intending to show something like the corruption of her purity. And while the pinups in Megalon and also in The Secret of the Telegian *are* truly erotica in and of themselves, I think they're used in their respective films to underline the immorality of certain characters (the underhanded truck drivers in Megalon and the body guards in Telegian). Also, Megalon and ToMG are children's films, in which erotica definitely doesn't belong, lol.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.