Monster Toy Spotlight #34: Godzilla 1964 (Mosu-Goji)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #34: Godzilla 1964 (Mosu-Goji)

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

canofhumdingers wrote:Glow Gigabrain

Little Yuji Sakai candy toy

The whole family

Awesome stuff. Love the glow variants that you always seem to have :mrgreen:

If there are no objections, I officially nominate canofhumdingers for Monster Toy Spotlight #25 :g64: Please reply or PM in a day or so if you are able/unable to do it...

KaijuZoo wrote:Gotta show some love for the Marmit Parababy series!!

Marmit Parababy G'64 brown Gallery version from 2003.
I love the tower accessory.

Here are a few fandom online reviews:

Bandai 6inch 50th Memorial Box Godzilla 1964

Marmit Vinyl Paradise Godzilla 1964 (PX Exclusive 2014)

SH Monster Arts Godzilla 1964 (ORIGINAL VERSION)
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

ive actually only got 3 glow figures, although I'd love more. Those are the same old pictures I posted years ago on monsterzero. I just happened to have access to them on my iPad while I was stuck at an airport. But the toy section of MZ is pretty dry right now so I've been lurking over here more...

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

canofhumdingers wrote:ive actually only got 3 glow figures, although I'd love more. Those are the same old pictures I posted years ago on monsterzero. I just happened to have access to them on my iPad while I was stuck at an airport. But the toy section of MZ is pretty dry right now so I've been lurking over here more...
If I recall, you also had a Marmit MH G1985 glow variant?

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

Here's the Toygraph Goth Variant of the classic mosugoji sculpt

Resized Image Resized Image

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Online reviews from (Fresh Vinyl), one which includes the dreaded "stand" :evil: :evil: :evil: :

X-plus 25cm Godzilla 64

SH Monster Arts Godzilla 64

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Only recently have I finally obtained figures of this, the best, Godzilla suit.

From left to right: Bandai Hyper History, Tamashii SH Monsterarts Emergence, and Marmit Monster Heaven Vinyl Wars.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

^^

Nice Marmit Rody.

God, I wish Xplus would make a proper 25cm Godzilla 1964 without the damn stand....*sigh* :oops:

Anyways, some more online reviews
S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 1964 Emergence Variant Unboxing

And the full review:

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Thanks, he's lovely! I got him for a great price, too. It's exciting to finally have Marmits in my collection.

The MonsterArts 1964 gets a lot of flack, but I'm very pleased with mine, with only one or two reservations. I think it's a very good figure.
It's not $60 good, though.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Marmit Giant MosuGoji 1964 14 inches

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^That is one splendid-looking hunk of vinyl.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Just curious, but has anyone managed to get a hold of the Passion Tank Godzilla 64? If so, what are your thoughts? I've haven't come across too many Western collectors who have actually snatched this up (the prices on Ebay and other similar sites are insane), but it's definitely a very intriguing Mosu-Goji figure.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Absolutely one of my holy grails right now. Its so beautiful!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It’s on my “watchlist” to keep an eye out for a good deal. But it seems to be so limited the prices are astronomical. If anything I might look at getting it in kit form (which are easier to find and cheaper, but still way to pricey).

But truth be told I’ve already got several expensive figures on preorder for the year (despite trying to get out of doing preorders) and I’m not sure I care to dump more cash into expensive figures any time soon.

That coupled with the fact I’ve already got very satisfying G’64 figures (x-plus 25cm and gigabrain glow) and this one is more of a “nice to have” than a “must have”

But maybe they’ll issue it again at another con or event later this year and it’ll be obtainable at a (more) reasonable price?

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:29 am Just curious, but has anyone managed to get a hold of the Passion Tank Godzilla 64? If so, what are your thoughts? I've haven't come across too many Western collectors who have actually snatched this up (the prices on Ebay and other similar sites are insane), but it's definitely a very intriguing Mosu-Goji figure.

I wanted one of these as soon as I saw it. It “looks to be” very similar to the Billiken 64’. The reason I say that, I had just bought one used a week before the release of the passion tank. Either way love the color way, and Gogi luck finding one that is reasonable.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I think this is the first time I've heard of this figure, much less seen images of one. It looks like a sublime figure for sure!

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:03 am It’s on my “watchlist” to keep an eye out for a good deal. But it seems to be so limited the prices are astronomical. If anything I might look at getting it in kit form (which are easier to find and cheaper, but still way to pricey).

But truth be told I’ve already got several expensive figures on preorder for the year (despite trying to get out of doing preorders) and I’m not sure I care to dump more cash into expensive figures any time soon.

That coupled with the fact I’ve already got very satisfying G’64 figures (x-plus 25cm and gigabrain glow) and this one is more of a “nice to have” than a “must have”

But maybe they’ll issue it again at another con or event later this year and it’ll be obtainable at a (more) reasonable price?
I'm not really seeking it out, for similar to you, I'm perfectly content with the 64/Mosu-Goji figures I own :Godzilla68: :
  • Giganbrain G64
  • X-plus G64-B (yeah, it's not the "A" version, but it's a fantastic figure and doesn't require the silly asinine stand)
  • Billiken G64
However, I do find the figure intriguing, similar to the various Sarujirushi G64 figures released over the past few years....I rarely see them talked about in collector threads, collector groups, or YT reviews and seem quite rare:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:29 am Just curious, but has anyone managed to get a hold of the Passion Tank Godzilla 64? If so, what are your thoughts? I've haven't come across too many Western collectors who have actually snatched this up (the prices on Ebay and other similar sites are insane), but it's definitely a very intriguing Mosu-Goji figure.

I've seen a few of them, definitely one of my favorite "sofubi" sculpts. Pretty sure someone I know is selling one, but I would have to ask them to make sure I am remembering correctly.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

I was on Yahoo JP last night and there were a couple blanks starting @ 19000. Only say one of the painted @ 25000.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:10 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:03 am It’s on my “watchlist” to keep an eye out for a good deal. But it seems to be so limited the prices are astronomical. If anything I might look at getting it in kit form (which are easier to find and cheaper, but still way to pricey).

I'm not really seeking it out, for similar to you, I'm perfectly content with the 64/Mosu-Goji figures I own :Godzilla68: :
  • Giganbrain G64
  • X-plus G64-B (yeah, it's not the "A" version, but it's a fantastic figure and doesn't require the silly asinine stand)
  • Billiken G64
However, I do find the figure intriguing, similar to the various Sarujirushi G64 figures released over the past few years....I rarely see them talked about in collector threads, collector groups, or YT reviews and seem quite rare:

Never heard of that one until just now. Kind of an odd sculpt. Has a bit of a vintage yamakatsu figure vibe to it.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Yeah the passiontank figure is kinda an enigma. Sorta just began showing up in my feed. Never heard anyone mention it or anything. If it was a new release (i have no clue when it was released) I heard nothing of any announcements or anything, and I hadn't seen any in person photos whatsoever until about 2-3 weeks ago, but now it seems really trendy and everyone is talking about it. Weird how that is.