The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

Post by HillyHulk »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am
Gigantis wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:27 am Ultraman vs. Rayquaza

I'm actually not looking for a location for this one. I'm more looking at a "cinematic" banner, like these.

I'll try and get to this one tonight, never done one of these. Then, I'll try and see if I can adequately do the request below. Do you like that font?
Thanks for trying to do mine, too. ;)

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am I'll try and get to this one tonight, never done one of these. Then, I'll try and see if I can adequately do the request below. Do you like that font?
The Godzilla font is a bit of a staple we use for the KWC, so it's very much suggested to use that. Red, stroke (black outline), and drop shadow are your best friends. :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:59 am
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am I'll try and get to this one tonight, never done one of these. Then, I'll try and see if I can adequately do the request below. Do you like that font?
The Godzilla font is a bit of a staple we use for the KWC, so it's very much suggested to use that. Red, stroke (black outline), and drop shadow are your best friends. :)
Sounds good, thanks for the heads up!

Added in 5 minutes 49 seconds:
HillyHulk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:16 am
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am

I'm actually not looking for a location for this one. I'm more looking at a "cinematic" banner, like these.

I'll try and get to this one tonight, never done one of these. Then, I'll try and see if I can adequately do the request below. Do you like that font?
Thanks for trying to do mine, too. ;)
You guys have some crazy requests in here lol. If I can find good pngs, it should be doable. I’m using Photoshop CS2 still so I don’t have that auto delete background feature. Perhaps I’ll try the ole pen tool but it seems like that would take forever :lol: anyways, I’ll update later tonight.

Added in 3 minutes 3 seconds:
Are you looking for a specific Ultraman?

Added in 2 minutes 22 seconds:
Also, is there some page detailing the guidelines and things? Like what size banners are to be? I suppose I could just look at them on the main site. Sorry for the billion replies.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:16 pm
Are you looking for a specific Ultraman?

Added in 2 minutes 22 seconds:
Also, is there some page detailing the guidelines and things? Like what size banners are to be? I suppose I could just look at them on the main site. Sorry for the billion replies.
No, I'm just talking about Ultraman himself. If I wanted to specify, I would've said Seven or Taro. :P

The banners we use on the site all use a 1024x512 format. Just keep that in mind.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Kept it pretty simple. Let me know if you like it or not.

Sharpened:

No sharpen

Added in 3 minutes 23 seconds:
I'll get the next one started tonight.

Added in 4 minutes 19 seconds:
I don't know what super form is, do you mean Burning Godzilla?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pm Kept it pretty simple. Let me know if you like it or not.

Sharpened:

No sharpen

Use toy figures for Rayquaza. We can’t use the anime images for him in banners.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pm Kept it pretty simple. Let me know if you like it or not.

Sharpened:

No sharpen

This looks pretty good as it's own thing! If you're aiming for some of your banners to be seen on the site though, I'm not sure if this would qualify.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:14 pm

Sharpened:

No sharpen

This looks pretty good as it's own thing! If you're aiming for some of your banners to be seen on the site though, I'm not sure if this would qualify.
Lol I did what you said! Or do you just want closeups with literally like a red background or something? I could probably reproduce what you posted, but I wasn't really feeling them. Anyways, almost done with the next one.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:02 pmUse toy figures for Rayquaza. We can’t use the anime images for him in banners.
Yeah, here are some non-anime images of Rayquaza you can use, shadowgigan: viewtopic.php?p=1870135#p1870135
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pmI don't know what super form is, do you mean Burning Godzilla?
I assume he means Super Godzilla.

"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

HillyHulk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:11 am Godzilla Heisei (Super form) vs. King Ghidorah and Rodan (Monsterverse) vs. Krystalak, Obsidius, and Spacegodzilla

Specific parts of the image: a destroyed empire state building with the biggest crystal of the fortress inside it.
Here's yours in progress. If you like where this is going, I'll finish it. Text and crystal in the Empire State are kind of a work in progress, but I don't want to finish if you don't like it. Anyways, gotta get going to bed. Feel free to let me know what you dislike about it. Personally I'd like to fix some things and am unsure of the glow on Ghidorah. If you do like where it's going, I'll add more crystals, destroy the city a bit more, and try and fix some of the scaling and perspective. It was going so well before I realized I only had about half the kaiju in it :lol: Ended up covering up my destruction work, have to figure this out.

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:04 pm

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pmI don't know what super form is, do you mean Burning Godzilla?
If that is the case, I will have to replace it in the image. I can use sprites for that right?
Last edited by shadowgigan on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pmIf that is the case, I will have to replace it in the image. I can use sprites for that right?
Nope.

Also, just so you know, you don't need to put "(Super Form)" in the title of the match. That's just instructions for the banner maker, so they know which character to include in the image. You can just leave it as "Godzilla (Heisei)."
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:03 pm Lol I did what you said! Or do you just want closeups with literally like a red background or something?
Oh I'm not saying it looks BAD. It's just that I thought you were saying that you wanted some of your banners to be seen on the site itself, (or am I wrong about that, I might be wrong just tell me lol) but this wouldn't really reach the standard that the K.W.C runners have, I don't think. Exactly what the standard is, is, well, more up to them.

Am I making myself sound like too much of a dick?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:05 am
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:03 pm Lol I did what you said! Or do you just want closeups with literally like a red background or something?
Oh I'm not saying it looks BAD. It's just that I thought you were saying that you wanted some of your banners to be seen on the site itself, (or am I wrong about that, I might be wrong just tell me lol) but this wouldn't really reach the standard that the K.W.C runners have, I don't think. Exactly what the standard is, is, well, more up to them.

Am I making myself sound like too much of a dick?
No, I basically agree with you, its nothing special and took like 10 minutes in photoshop. However, that was how I interpreted your request. And given the examples you provided, I'm not really sure what else you wanted? If you really want just a carbon copy of the banner(s) you provided, would that be accepted? I really don't care if they are used on the site or not, I was just trying to help and was bored lol. If someone wants to use them, great. If not, that's fine too. I've never even read KWC, though I did go on to see some of the banners. Some of them are really cool.

Anyways, Hulk, if you want me to finish your banner and replace BG with SG, let me know. That one took a bit longer than 10 minutes but was kind of fun.

Added in 17 minutes 37 seconds:
I think I'm going to completely re-do your banner Hulk. I really don't like it at all the more I look at it. I'll probably upload it Sunday.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:18 pm
HillyHulk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:11 am Godzilla Heisei (Super form) vs. King Ghidorah and Rodan (Monsterverse) vs. Krystalak, Obsidius, and Spacegodzilla

Specific parts of the image: a destroyed empire state building with the biggest crystal of the fortress inside it.
Here's yours in progress. If you like where this is going, I'll finish it. Text and crystal in the Empire State are kind of a work in progress, but I don't want to finish if you don't like it. Anyways, gotta get going to bed. Feel free to let me know what you dislike about it. Personally I'd like to fix some things and am unsure of the glow on Ghidorah. If you do like where it's going, I'll add more crystals, destroy the city a bit more, and try and fix some of the scaling and perspective. It was going so well before I realized I only had about half the kaiju in it :lol: Ended up covering up my destruction work, have to figure this out.

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:04 pm

If that is the case, I will have to replace it in the image. I can use sprites for that right?
It looks pretty darn cool, and I apologize for not explaining what Super Form is, it's Super Godzilla from the Super Nintendo Godzilla game "Super Godzilla" (I'll get an actual image when I get home.)

Added in 34 minutes 39 seconds:
Okay I found a figure for reference: Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gamera (Heisei) and Kong (Legendary) vs. Gyaos (Heisei) vs. Skullcrawler

Five Gyaos' and five Skullcrawlers. Have Gamera and Kong side by side surrounded by them, some of them coming at them, others fighting each other.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Here ya go, Hulk. And no need to apologize, I should have realized you were talking about Super Godzilla!

Sharpen:

No Sharpen:

May give the next one a whirl as well, this is kind of fun. A lot different than what I usually do on PS.

Added in 3 minutes 42 seconds:
Here's another version:

Added in 1 hour 49 minutes 41 seconds:
After looking at a bunch of the site banners, it appeas I have to step up my game. So many awesome ones one there.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

King Ghidorah and Rodan should both have the (Legendary) subtitle separately. We don't combine it for banners.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:59 pm
May give the next one a whirl as well, this is kind of fun. A lot different than what I usually do on PS.
-
After looking at a bunch of the site banners, it appeas I have to step up my game. So many awesome ones one there.
Like MoarCrossovers said, Ghidorah and Rodan should be "King Ghidorah (Legendary)" and "Rodan (Legendary)" respectively since they are separate monsters. It separates them from the other incarnations we have in the roster, hence the need for it. Though monsters that don't have multiple incarnations don't need it. Last little bit is that we generally use "&" instead of "and" to better give more space for banner titles.

But thank you kindly! I will say though, you're stuff looks sharp as well! :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells