The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

Post by KaijuX »

Hello everyone! ;)

This thread has been made for people who feel like discussing banners of the KWC, as well as banner-makers who want to come onboard to create KWC banners! So hey, what a start, am I right? ;) If you've been interested in banner-making, feel free to give a brief demonstration of what you can do and what programs you guys use!

For me, I use Photoshop CS3. So not really advanced compared to the CS5 (I'd imagine), but it definitely gets the job done. :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Awesome, I hope you guys can find a lot of new recruits
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Awesome, I hope you guys can find a lot of new recruits
Actually, we *might* be getting one real soon! By request of MM, he wanted me to share the banners he's made to see the community's opinions on them!

Honestly, I'm a huge fan of the Kumasogami banner; probably my favorite of the three he's made thusfar. ;) And if I recall correctly, he uses some old 2003 program or something. The name slips my mind.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ Hell yeah, that Kumasagami banner is cool as hell!
Can't wait to see more

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

While I was looking at some Godzilla art a while back I found this guy on DA and his Banners look awesome, here take a look maybe he might be interested in joining.

http://innocentovia.deviantart.com/
Godzilla

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

These are some pretty awesome banners. Can't wait to see the banners of my matches when they get added. :D

I definitely like the Gorosaurus & Titanosaurus vs. DesGhidorah banner.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

g2vd wrote:While I was looking at some Godzilla art a while back I found this guy on DA and his Banners look awesome, here take a look maybe he might be interested in joining.

I've seen this guys stuff before, he does amazing work
You guy's gotta recruit him :)

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
g2vd wrote:While I was looking at some Godzilla art a while back I found this guy on DA and his Banners look awesome, here take a look maybe he might be interested in joining.

I've seen this guys stuff before, he does amazing work
You guy's gotta recruit him :)
I love his banner for Godzilla Vs. The Sea Monster.
Godzilla

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

BTW if only I knew how to use Photoshop or even had it. I would love to help make banners for you guys. ;)

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Correction: HER banners are amazing. ;) Think ya'll missed gender bit. :P

That said, they are incredible! While I'd love to have her join, judging from the last post, I think she's been gone for about 2 years now; that last one on her dA was posted in 2014. So it's incredibly unlikely she's there anymore.

Pair of kings.

Top Hat Gyaos
Young Farmer

Post by Top Hat Gyaos »

Forgive me for asking, but these banners...
Are they exclusively supposed to be photo-shopped or can it be expanded to include digital art?
Wait, so if I put something in this box, it'll show up as a signature?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Top Hat Gyaos wrote:Forgive me for asking, but these banners...
Are they exclusively supposed to be photo-shopped or can it be expanded to include digital art?
Whatever method you can pull off, you can use it. Just so long as it looks nice. Like all of Greyshot151's banners are made in PowerPoint, believe it or not! ;) So yeah, just whip up a sample piece and let's see what you can do! ;)

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I can might be able to do banners since I use Photoshop. Might not be the best banners compare to Black Moth Vs. Maguma or Zilla & Kiryu Vs. Megalon, Gigan, Monster X and Orga. But I'll do my best. ;)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Hey, as long as they're better than Greyshot's, I ain't complaining :lol:
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:I can might be able to do banners since I use Photoshop. Might not be the best banners compare to Black Moth Vs. Maguma or Zilla & Kiryu Vs. Megalon, Gigan, Monster X and Orga. But I'll do my best. ;)
Photoshop will be your best friend in this. :) Feel free to post mock-samples here! :D

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Okay. I think you'll like some. (If I can figure out how to post some of my pics.)

Added in 10 minutes 45 seconds:
Since some the banners of Match 142 and 152 use the Showa Manda, will it be okay to use Showa Ebirah, Showa Kamacuras and Showa King Caesar? I sometimes have a hard time finding good images of their Final Wars counterparts.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:Okay. I think you'll like some. (If I can figure out how to post some of my pics.)

Since some the banners of Match 142 and 152 use the Showa Manda, will it be okay to use Showa Ebirah, Showa Kamacuras and Showa King Caesar? I sometimes have a hard time finding good images of their Final Wars counterparts.
It'd be recommended not to. Honestly, that's why we have the... Wait, where'd it go? There was a thread made specifically for finding good images for the monsters.

Added in 42 seconds:
But a neat tip: Go to the Japanese Google and probably just type in the Japanese name. Japan is bound to have more resources of these guys than we do. ;)

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Okay. I think you'll like some. (If I can figure out how to post some of my pics.)

It'd be recommended not to. Honestly, that's why we have the... Wait, where'd it go? There was a thread made specifically for finding good images for the monsters.

Added in 42 seconds:
But a neat tip: Go to the Japanese Google and probably just type in the Japanese name. Japan is bound to have more resources of these guys than we do. ;)
Hmm. I'll have to check that out if I have the time.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

KaijuX wrote: It'd be recommended not to. Honestly, that's why we have the... Wait, where'd it go? There was a thread made specifically for finding good images for the monsters.
Is the the thread you seek?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:
KaijuX wrote: It'd be recommended not to. Honestly, that's why we have the... Wait, where'd it go? There was a thread made specifically for finding good images for the monsters.
Is the the thread you seek?
Yes, you do me proud my son. :lol: No wonder why I couldn't remember, it didn't even have "banner" in the thread name. :lol:

Pair of kings.