Make your own Godzilla

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Make your own Godzilla

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So I didn't see a thread like this recently, so I decided to make one.

In this thread, you make your own Godzilla, include all the details you want. Height, weight, length, family tree, etc. Post all the things that make your Godzilla yours.

I'll start with mine, given physical form by 2009MECHAGODZILLA, and Bracey100 of DeviantArt. These two guys are the tops.

First rendition by Bracey100

Second rendition by Apocalotaurus

A third rendition by pallionstudios

A fourth rendition by papillonstudios fighting Hirudegarn from Dragon Ball Z

Final version by Emily Stepp

Height: 165-175 meters tall (not decided yet)
Length: ????
Weight: 150,000 tons

Species: Gojirasuchus (preliminary), possible missing link in Poposaurus or Arizonasaurus family tree. Scientific community divided.

General Characteristics:
Discovered in 1954, Godzilla is a type of aquatic reptile heavily mutated by nuclear testing in the Southern Pacific. Protected by heavy scales and scute armor, Godzilla's hide is nigh impenetrable from coventional military weapons. Webbed appendages also give him excellent control when swimming in the water. When threatened, Godzilla's dewlap will ignite a vibrant blue to warn off aggressors. In combat, Godzilla's teeth and claws have been observed shearing off chunks of flesh from other kaiju, and can pulverize solid steel and concrete.

Atomic Breath:
Atomic breath comprised of unknown chemical vapor that ignite with extreme heat channeled from dorsal plates, creating strong blue color. Energy beam hot enough to flash melt strongest metals on the planet. Godzilla's teeth can withstand atomic breath, and hold in heat, increasing the strength of his bite force. Atomic breath can create deafening sound akin to a jet engine, close proximity to blast ill-advised, even with cover, on sound alone.

Ecological Impacts:
Contrary to popular belief, Godzilla doesn't "eat" nuclear energy. He absorbs radiation from power plants to recharge his energy based attacks. Godzilla is a voracious carnivore, preying on all kinds of marine life, from whales, fish, sharks, seals, and crab biomasses. Reports are suggesting, based on how frequent Godzilla eats, he will singlehandedly put an end to the Pacific fishing industry, and raise the price of seafood exponentially. He has also been seen attacking commercial chicken and beef farms when making landfall.

Temperament (Unprovoked): Because of his enormous size, Godzilla isn't bothered by most things. Unprovoked, Godzilla will act relatively peaceful, eyewitness accounts of a calm Godzilla describe him as a "lonely, quiet, mountain."

Temperament (Provoked): An enraged Godzilla is the single most destructive force on the planet. When attacked, either by military forces, or other kaiju, Godzilla will lash out ferociously. Godzilla has a "fixated" aggressive behavior, as soon as Godzilla makes visual contact with what is attacking him, he will become fixated on it till it's destroyed. This is why military engagements are extremely destructive as tanks, jets, and helicopters must engage Godzilla within immediate visual range, in the hopes they can lead him from populated areas. Long range missile strikes are ineffective as a deterrent, and can be shot down preemptively with his atomic breath.

That's what I've got for now, could change things, I'm always looking at ways to evolve the design.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 24 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Gerdzerl

Re: Make your own Godzilla

Post by Gerdzerl »

[Redacted]
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I took a page out of Gerd's book and made a visual cheat sheet of things I would include on a perfect Godzilla design:

Head: I love the ferocious look in this frame from ASOTS 2. My Godzilla's head would be similar in design but have visible burning and scarring around the lips. His ears would be towards the back of his head, forming almost a crest on the back of it.

Arms & Hands: His arms would be thick, slightly muscular, but not short and glued to his sides. This Godzilla should be able to fight tooth and claw and not just bat aimlessly at things. His claws are vicious and angular; one swipe from these will hurt.

Feet: Umm...what's in the picture. :lol: I don't want his feet to be big, floppy, and flat, but I also don't want them to be stumpy either. I forgot to put a picture of his legs here, but just imagine slimmer Heisei legs, like Godzilla 1975's legs.

Tail: I really don't like when Godzilla has extremely long tails (except 2016's design where it works). I'd rather not see a Godzilla drag a very long hose-like tail around everywhere, so my design would have a shorter and much thicker tail. This would also be used as a formidable weapon against foes.

Spines: Generic Godzilla spines. Not much to see here. I want them to be medium sized, not too big and not too small.

Body: The most important aspect aside from the head. I want a slimmer but tougher-looking Godzilla. The image kind of explains itself. I want a slightly tube-shaped body, but not really lengthy, just rounded and thin. I want this Godzilla to be able to suplex other monsters and be agile, not immobile.

That's pretty much it. Never really gave something like this much thought but I'm glad I did. It was fun to look through redesigns and concept art to find my perfect attributes. :)

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Just an FYI, I'm going to write my Godzilla's bio as if it were a military file within the respective universe.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

UltramanGoji wrote:I took a page out of Gerd's book and made a visual cheat sheet of things I would include on a perfect Godzilla design:

Head: I love the ferocious look in this frame from ASOTS 2. My Godzilla's head would be similar in design but have visible burning and scarring around the lips. His ears would be towards the back of his head, forming almost a crest on the back of it.

Arms & Hands: His arms would be thick, slightly muscular, but not short and glued to his sides. This Godzilla should be able to fight tooth and claw and not just bat aimlessly at things. His claws are vicious and angular; one swipe from these will hurt.

Feet: Umm...what's in the picture. :lol: I don't want his feet to be big, floppy, and flat, but I also don't want them to be stumpy either. I forgot to put a picture of his legs here, but just imagine slimmer Heisei legs, like Godzilla 1975's legs.

Tail: I really don't like when Godzilla has extremely long tails (except 2016's design where it works). I'd rather not see a Godzilla drag a very long hose-like tail around everywhere, so my design would have a shorter and much thicker tail. This would also be used as a formidable weapon against foes.

Spines: Generic Godzilla spines. Not much to see here. I want them to be medium sized, not too big and not too small.

Body: The most important aspect aside from the head. I want a slimmer but tougher-looking Godzilla. The image kind of explains itself. I want a slightly tube-shaped body, but not really lengthy, just rounded and thin. I want this Godzilla to be able to suplex other monsters and be agile, not immobile.

That's pretty much it. Never really gave something like this much thought but I'm glad I did. It was fun to look through redesigns and concept art to find my perfect attributes. :)
Sounds like a pretty awesome design, and thank you very much for taking inspiration from my reference sheet! Here's an updated version of it, if you're interested: http://sta.sh/01mduh9cgs10

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

My favorite looks for Godzilla overall are Kingoji, Mosugoji, and Biogoji, so my custom Godzilla would combine aspects of these designs.

Face: I basically want the face to be a compromise between Biogoji and the Millennium series designs. Prominent ears, large and expressive eyes, multiple rows of teeth, two fangs that curve outward from the end of his upper jaw, a prominent brow like Mosugoji, and a reduced, harder to notice ridge on his head, one that doesn't stand out too much from a head-on perspective and his mostly seen in profile. Instead of having a nose his nostrils should be spaced apart like the Legendarygoji design. I think the head should be bigger than average but not quite as big as, say, GMK's look. The end of his snout should be boxy rather than pointed, maybe with Mosugoji's lips.
Arms: Long, powerful arms like Kingoji. Well defined shoulders and joints. Sizable claws.
Torso: Prominent breast bone like Mosugoji. A broad chest, but narrower than most of the Heisei Godzilla designs. I want a heavy-set, solid looking midsection like that sported by GMK's Godzilla, with the 'pot belly'. Hips not too wide, but around the size of Kingoji's hips. He should be massive, but without the movement inhibiting bulk the Heisei suits were afflicted with.
Dorsal plates: Kingoji's dorsal plates. Big and prominent without being excessive.
Legs: Mosugoji's pillar like legs; neither too thin nor too thick. I think I like GMK goji's feet the best.
Tail: Biogoji's tail length, but tapering to a sharper, more flexible end.
Other details: I like the texture of the Kiryugoji suit's scales. I also like the way his neck is shaped. I think he should have four digits on each extremity. Visually, I want the breath weapon to resemble those used by Heisei Godzilla.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

bugmolly
Monsterland Worker

Post by bugmolly »

[img]content://media/external/file/3523[/img]

Sorry for the low quality took it with my phone
Anyway i call it the "Sea Monster" godzilla, its a natural type of godzilla thats lied dormant at the bottom of the ocean absorbing natural radiation when nuclear tests brought him to the surface.

As for color scheme i imagined a salt water crocodile like hide with a pale yellow under belly with pale yellow spines and firey orange eyes and an almost black tongue

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Can't see the image. I also added more to my Godzilla's profile.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

In order to realistically retain Godzilla's quasi-mammalian traits (a staple of the character since his initial creation), I would make my version follow the now somewhat common trend of re-imagining him as not a dinosaur at all, but instead a therapsid. As for a name for the creature's species, I have picked Gojiranops. Prior to mutation, the dorsal spines are engulfed in a fleshy hump not unlike the dinosaur Spinosaurus(which many in recent years have interpreted having as opposed to a sail), or the living Bison. The animal is semi-aquatic being an adept swimmer, while on land it normally utilizes quadrupedal locomotion, yet is also capable of limited bipedalism.

Following exposure to nuclear radiation, the hump is melted away, exposing the spines which simultaneously undergo an overgrowth. I know in real-life ,it would be impossible for any creature of such a size as Godzilla's to be able to move around even remotely, let alone being bipedaly. So I think it would make more sense if Godzilla remains primarily qudrapedal yet still able to transition between bipedalism even if it is limited.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I've toyed with the idea of Godzilla being a quadruped and only occasionally stand on his hind legs, rather like a bear, but to be honest I prefer the familiar, towering bipedal stance.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Ivo-goji wrote:I've toyed with the idea of Godzilla being a quadruped and only occasionally stand on his hind legs, rather like a bear, but to be honest I prefer the familiar, towering bipedal stance.
As long as he stands upright at all.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Debating on making my Godzilla even bigger. To the size of an aircraft carrier. Being the greatest and largest of non nuclear military weapons, I want my Godzilla to match or slightly exceed it. Haven't decided yet.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Debating on making my Godzilla even bigger. To the size of an aircraft carrier. Being the greatest and largest of non nuclear military weapons, I want my Godzilla to match or slightly exceed it. Haven't decided yet.
For reference, the largest aircraft carrier class so far is the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimitz-cl ... ft_carrier with a length of 332.8416 meters (1,092 feet) but it will soon be exceeded by the upcoming Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_R. ... ft_carrier which has a length of 337.1088 meters (1,106 feet).

The largest individual aircraft carrier ever built, as well as the largest naval vessel ever built, is the USS Enterprise (CVN-65): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(CVN-65) which has a length of 342.2904 meters (1,123 feet).

By having your Godzilla be "the size of an aircraft carrier", do you mean having his total body length (IE: Snout tip to tail tip like this: http://comiccarnival.com/wp-content/upl ... laSwim.jpg) be in equal to an aircraft carrier in length or do you mean having your Godzilla be as tall as an aircraft carrier is long when measured from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet? Because if it's the former, I could help calculate your Godzilla's height depending on his body length to height ratio.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

To be as tall as an aircraft carrier if it was stood up right.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:To be as tall as an aircraft carrier if it was stood up right.
Alrighty then.

While not an aircraft carrier, the largest ship ever built was the Seawise Giant (A.K.A. the Knock Nevis), which had a length of 458.44968 meters (1,504.1 feet). Here's some size comparisons between it and some other objects, including the USS Enterprise:

Would you be interested in making your Godzilla as big as this ship?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Nah, that's far too big, to me atleast. He'd be either 332 or 337 meters maximum.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I actually have several Godzilla design concepts in mind, but for now I'll start with this one.

Head: For the most part, the head would look like a mix between Heisei and GMK, having GMK's large teeth and basic head shape, but with Heisei's double rows of teeth, eyes, and ears. He'd also have prominent eye brows like Mosugoji's, but his would be more pointed. His snout would be cat-like, and he'd have a more pointed angular face compared to GMK. I'm thinking of having the inside of his mouth be blue, with his tongue glowing blue.

Arms and hands: His arms would be long and muscular, sorta like 70's Godzilla's, but his hands and claws would be similar to Godzilla 2000's.

Legs: The legs would most certainly be digitigrade, with four heavy talons on each foot, kinda like on the design seen here: http://rendragonclaw.deviantart.com/art ... 2-98646842 though the legs in comparison to those would be more digitigrade. Of course, the legs themselves would be thick and muscular.

Body: I'm thinking of a Thick, well-built body with which he has a great deal of muscle mass, but can still move around quickly and efficiently when needed.

Dorsal Spines: Fairly simplistic spines he'd have, very similar to Heisei's, including having the same color, though his would be more pointed and jagged, somewhat like 2000's or Kiryugoji's.

Tail: Not too long, fairly thick and muscular. Kinda like Mosugoji's in terms of basic overall length and thickness.

Color: Aside from his blue mouth, Godzilla would be charcoal black, with his eyes fiery orange, pretty much like Heisei. Unsure whether to have his blood be red or glowing blue.

Skin Texture: Overall like Kiryugoji's.

Atomic Ray: His Atomic Ray would look much like Kiryugoji's, aside from being a bit more flame-like in appearance, like Legendary's.

Roars: Any of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwX5VBqWD-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ekRJDCYi0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CwWZlzJ9rU

He'd be about 80 meters tall and 65,000 tons at his normal size.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Updated the first post, with a more detailed and colored image of my Godzilla, Godzilla EXTREME.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Got a concept of a Godzilla design here:
https://kiryu2012.deviantart.com/journa ... -729493981
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

This was one I made earlier this year and posted in another thread, but I'll post him here cuz whynot. I intend to make a 3D model and possibly a full suit made.

Monster 01: Godzilla

Height: 60.96 meters (200 feet)
Weight: 10,128.55441 US tons

The first monster to appear after the end of the second World War, Godzilla was sighted attacking fishing vessels near Odo Island. After a counter attack by the Japanese Naval Defense Forces, utilizing depth charges, the creature eventually made its way to Tokyo, and soon laid waste to the city. Afterwards, Godzilla began to head north, making his way across the country side until finally returning to the sea. Later, the JSDF would track Godzilla to a small island in the Bearing Sea,where they were able to trigger an avalanche, trapping Godzilla for at least a little while...

Design wise, I wanted a Godzilla that felt very retro, but was also lean and a capable fighter. I mainly got a lot of inspiration from the GyakushuGoji suit, most notably in the proportions of the body and the spines (though, I would slightly modify the spines to give them a more natural gradation downward, instead of the sheer drop in size after the largest one). The head, I needed to change up, as I wasn't a fan of how flat looking the 55 suit's head was, so I decided to round that out a bit, and I feel that helped a bit, and kinda gives him an 84 look about him from the front. As for the colors, I wanted a little bit more than the charcoal grey, so I gave him some reddish brown highlights to the knees, chest, belly, tail, and the eyebrows (MosuGoji anyone?). The colors almost give him a sorta subdued Marmit vibe.

As for the setting of the story, I mostly want this to feel like the classic Showa films, like Mothra vs. Godzilla, Monster Zero, and War of the Gargantuas. A sorta period piece type series where it all takes place during an alternate modern day that mixes current technology with design aesthetics of the 1950's and 1960's.

I wouldn't mind hearing feedback on this.

EDIT: Updated the weight per Gerdzerl's calculations.
Last edited by cmdmstudios on Tue May 21, 2019 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."