Most hated characters in fiction?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Re: Most hated characters in fiction?

Post by Leviarex »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am
Cotton Hill (King of the Hill) A sexist, stubborne old man who treats everyone: Hank, Peggy, his wife, everyone! Like poop! Damn, am I glad they killed off this old bastard. Cotton Hill, goodbye...and good riddance!

As far as I'm concerned, Hank and Peggy were shit. But you are still right about him.
Last edited by Leviarex on Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I still hate brainy smurf. I hope gargamel murders that bastard.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Gus Fring. It doesn't help that Better Call Saul has ruined any mystique the character had, but he's just as much of a sick mf as Walt was, if not moreso.
Also, Todd. Took me a long time to learn to love Jesse Plemmons after Breaking Bad.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I hate the guy who stabbed Marritza in Deep Space 9 episode Duet. :evil:

Added in 11 minutes 56 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 am
JAGzilla wrote: Also, wasn't Tirek pretty much just a generic bad guy, too? Again, been a minute since I've seen his episodes, but I remember him just being a big scary goon grabbing power because power. Do we just give him a pass because he looks like Satan and had a ridiculous DBZ fight scene? :lol:
At last he had an interesting backstory and even came back showing that he was still planning. Sombra's backstory was just that he fought the Royal Sisters once upon a time so they could take back the Crystal Empire and he was locked away in the Arctic, then he came back cuz he was A N G E R Y.
Tirek was fantastic in execution. He was a manipulative, growing threat who was determined in his end. He knew just what to say to Discord for example to get him on his side. That scene had some of the best dialogue in the series tbh.
Sombra not having dialogue in season 3 didn't help him. I did enjoy his havoc in season 9 though. His design and powers are cool.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Brian Griffin. He is a complete asshole who sucks at writing and is a general dick. Vincent is better.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:13 am Brian Griffin. He is a complete asshole who sucks at writing and is a general dick. Vincent is better.
You mean the character that appeared in, like 3 episodes about 8 years ago when the writers pretended to kill Brian off just to see how seriously the show's fan base would take it?

People are still hung up on that?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Vincent is still better. He was a genuinely nice character amongst a sea of assholes.
For Emperor and Empire!

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Amber from invincible

Not Only is it stupid that shes mad at Mark for no reason. She never faces consequences for what she said or did and everyone is always on her side no matter what. What a pathetic piece of mary sue trash

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:32 pm Amber from invincible

Not Only is it stupid that shes mad at Mark for no reason. She never faces consequences for what she said or did and everyone is always on her side no matter what. What a pathetic piece of mary sue trash
Lmao, that's a bit harsh. I think she adds a lot to the series, a real form of levity aand the comic version is way worse. A lot of what she does/feels is what an everyday person might feel being in a relationship with someone that's flakey, and then even not being phased by Mark being a superhero.

Also:
Spoiler:
If you've read the comics, Mark and Amber eventually break up and Mark and Eve have a family. I recoken that some of the more negative aspects of Amber are intentional, in order to lessen the blow. It also ties into a big theme of Invinciible: not meeting or doing what other people want for Mark. Mark making his own descisions, both from his Father, Amber and a SLEW of other characters in the future is a big part of the series.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I always felt Amber got a bit too much hate from fans. Like yeah, her reactions can be at times a bit harsh but I found them to be quite realistic given the situation and it isn't as if Mark himself is a perfect boyfriend whose done nothing wrong.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:07 pm

Lmao, that's a bit harsh. I think she adds a lot to the series, a real form of levity aand the comic version is way worse. A lot of what she does/feels is what an everyday person might feel being in a relationship with someone that's flakey, and then even not being phased by Mark being a superhero.

Also:
Spoiler:
If you've read the comics, Mark and Amber eventually break up and Mark and Eve have a family. I recoken that some of the more negative aspects of Amber are intentional, in order to lessen the blow. It also ties into a big theme of Invinciible: not meeting or doing what other people want for Mark. Mark making his own descisions, both from his Father, Amber and a SLEW of other characters in the future is a big part of the series.

I dont think its harsh at all.Not only did she thought mark was being selfish even though he had to save lives and didnt want to tell her cause of the classic superhero trope. and she got mad cause he was saving lives and she knew all of this but still got mad and angered at him even after she knew he nearly Fucking died!! against battle beast. She had no right to get mad at him since she already knew for 2 weeks he was invincible. And you know what makes me the most mad

She Compared not getting told the truth about mark since he wanted to keep her safe

To...

Omni Man lying to Mark for his entire life and showing his true colors and not only destryoed Mark physically but left him emotionally devestated and caused Debbie to be depressed from that. Thats what makes me the most mad. She Compared getting not told the truth about mark being a hero to Omniman telling him he was on earth to conquer it.

Maybe your right about the comics. I like that Version of Amber since she leaves mark in a happy note and the two are still on good terms.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:02 pm

Also:
Spoiler:

I dont think its harsh at all.Not only did she thought mark was being selfish even though he had to save lives and didnt want to tell her cause of the classic superhero trope. and she got mad cause he was saving lives and she knew all of this but still got mad and angered at him even after she knew he nearly Fucking died!! against battle beast. She had no right to get mad at him since she already knew for 2 weeks he was invincible. And you know what makes me the most mad

She Compared not getting told the truth about mark since he wanted to keep her safe

To...

Omni Man lying to Mark for his entire life and showing his true colors and not only destryoed Mark physically but left him emotionally devestated and caused Debbie to be depressed from that. Thats what makes me the most mad. She Compared getting not told the truth about mark being a hero to Omniman telling him he was on earth to conquer it.

Maybe your right about the comics. I like that Version of Amber since she leaves mark in a happy note and the two are still on good terms.
You mean a dumb superhero trope that only exists for the sake of forced drama? Mark telling her about who he was wouldn't have made her any less safe than she already was and that double life is something Mark chose for himself.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

godjacob wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Also:
Spoiler:

To...

You mean a dumb superhero trope that only exists for the sake of forced drama? Mark telling her about who he was wouldn't have made her any less safe than she already was and that double life is something Mark chose for himself.

Mark didnt tell her cause he didn't want to put her in danger at all. Besides it makes no sense at all why she was mad at him since she already knew for 2 weeks and thought the soup kitchen and spending more time with her is more important then saving lives and trying to stop invasions. Hes saving lives and Amber got mad at him just cause he cant spend time with her but she knew and is still mad at him for some reaosn?!

also not to mention the fact she compared mark not telling her he was a hero to Omni man lying to mark for his entire live

Also another reason he didn't reveal his secret identify to her was because they were just beginning to date
Last edited by EarthNeronga on Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:16 pm

To...

Mark didnt tell her cause he didn't want to put her in danger at all. Besides it makes no sense at all why she was mad at him since she already knew for 2 weeks and thought the soup kitchen and spending more time with her is more important then saving lives and trying to stop invasions. Hes saving lives and Amber got mad at him just cause he cant spend time with her but she knew and is still mad at him for some reaosn?!

also not to mention the fact she compared mark not telling her he was a hero to Omni man lying to mark for his entire live

Also another reason he didn't reveal his secret identify to her was because they were just beginning to date
Maybe the fact she was mad because she felt Mark didn't trust her enough with something like this and was constantly lying to her, even if for "her own good" that would sting to a degree. And that's if we agree on the premise that keeping your secret identity a secret actually protects the people close to you (Which throughout all superhero stories it is proven it hasn't.). Again Amber's harsh reactions are not likeable but not entirely unrealistic either I just think people thinking she is a worse person than Omni-Man (Which I have heard unironically) is going too far with that.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

godjacob wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:56 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:16 pm

Maybe the fact she was mad because she felt Mark didn't trust her enough with something like this and was constantly lying to her, even if for "her own good" that would sting to a degree. And that's if we agree on the premise that keeping your secret identity a secret actually protects the people close to you (Which throughout all superhero stories it is proven it hasn't.). Again Amber's harsh reactions are not likeable but not entirely unrealistic either I just think people thinking she is a worse person than Omni-Man (Which I have heard unironically) is going too far with that.

Worse person? Yeah No She isnt like she may be a Bitch to me that is unreasonable and got angry for no reason but Omni Man has done way way way way way way way way worse

however Omni man is way more likeable and more entertaining to me cause hes epic as hell.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

When I first watched Invincible, I didn't get the hate for her but in hindsight... Honestly, if she didn't know Mark was Invincible, her actions would be completely reasonable but the fact of the matter is, she did.

And now, for my own hated character, this seems to be kind of a hot take but Aruto Hiden from Kamen Rider Zero-One is probably the most punchable protagonist I've ever watched. Every time he cracks a joke, I want to crack his skull open. He may have not single-handedly ruined the show for me (since there's not much of value to even ruin) but he definitely played quite the role in doing so.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Oh Another Great Mary Sue Character is Rey from Star wars

not only is she not flawed but shes a mary sue who doesnt learn anything,has barely if any personality and doesnt deserve to be the strongest since she didnt earn it

same with Caulifla and kale from DBS and all the U6 sayians

they shouldve never became as strong as they did. Infact they shouldve never stood a chance against the likes of the ginyu force. Not much be stronger then Vegito,Gogeta,Omega shenron,Cell,Buu,Janemba or even Broly (all Z)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 pm Oh Another Great Mary Sue Character is Rey from Star wars

not only is she not flawed but shes a mary sue who doesnt learn anything,has barely if any personality and doesnt deserve to be the strongest since she didnt earn it

they shouldve never became as strong as they did. Infact they shouldve never stood a chance against the likes of the ginyu force. Not much be stronger then Vegito,Gogeta,Omega shenron,Cell,Buu,Janemba or even Broly (all Z)
At this point I’m 99% sure you’re a troll just trying to rile people up, but it’s worth pointing out that calling characters “Mary Sue(s)” wantonly is mildly sexist. I agree that Rey can be bland at times, and that the sequel trilogy had production problems that led to script and character development problems, but the idea that Rey is so horrible, while many other Star Wars characters don’t have very deep motivation/establishment for their characters is ridiculous. It’s the same tired concept, but Luke and Rey are very similar character wise (at least in the first two films), but Luke doesn’t get the same amount of hate directed towards him.

Likewise, it’s showing that you criticize the U6 Female Saiyans, when Goku, other than eating and being goofy, has a power growth without much motivation beyond getting stronger. There are moments he does have more specific goals, but that’s because he’s a character that’s existed for more than 30 years, while Caulifa and Kale are very brief side characters that show up to be parallels of what’s going on in another universe.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 pm Oh Another Great Mary Sue Character is Rey from Star wars

Yeah I agree with LSD here, trolling people to get a reaction or being sexist is wrong, especially being sexist, and while I may not be a perfect angel, I at least know to not be sexist.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:42 pm

At this point I’m 99% sure you’re a troll just trying to rile people up, but it’s worth pointing out that calling characters “Mary Sue(s)” wantonly is mildly sexist. I agree that Rey can be bland at times, and that the sequel trilogy had production problems that led to script and character development problems, but the idea that Rey is so horrible, while many other Star Wars characters don’t have very deep motivation/establishment for their characters is ridiculous. It’s the same tired concept, but Luke and Rey are very similar character wise (at least in the first two films), but Luke doesn’t get the same amount of hate directed towards him.

Likewise, it’s showing that you criticize the U6 Female Saiyans, when Goku, other than eating and being goofy, has a power growth without much motivation beyond getting stronger. There are moments he does have more specific goals, but that’s because he’s a character that’s existed for more than 30 years, while Caulifa and Kale are very brief side characters that show up to be parallels of what’s going on in another universe.

Im not a troll and i dont want to cause this is my opinion i just dont like mary sues and that applies to Gary sues since There are Unlikeable Male characters as well like Chris Thorndyke who didnt deserve any of the treatment he got and is a ungrateful little shit who somehow 4Kids thought would be good. He shouldnt have gotten that far and is a negative to sonic X and hes a terrible character

But Anyways Rey Is a mary sue cause she never struggled and was always this powerful. She was able to easliy beat Kylo ren without any lightsaber experience and is already considered the best yet never trained that much and didnt struggle that much against most her enemies. she never does anything without flaws and even if luke was a bit of a gary stu in destroying the death star he atleast got personality in 2nd and 3rd movie and struggled alot to defeat vader in the 3rd one. And Im not sexist if Rey was a male then i would still complain and if luke was a female then i would still say she struggled alot

another Gary stu is T'Challa from What if since he did everything perfectly in his episode and never faced that much of a problem since it was "All apart of his plan" and everyone praises him compared to the original starlord were everyone hates him and was somehow able to make Thanos turn good with just a talk which makes no sense and makes no sense since T'Challa was able to stop thanos who spend most of his life on that goal with just a talk

and for the U6 Sayians. There stated to be normal sayians and they never went through what goku went through. he trained with Multiple Masters like King Kai,Trained everytime for a threat and still wasnt stronger some times. Lost his best friend Krillin on Namek to be able to turn SSJ and was able to defeat frieza. He trained alot and alot to be able to get as strong as he did and somehow the U6 Saiyan's surpass him without no needed explanation since it makes no sense there stronger just because they evolved differently

Also the whole tingly back thing and how she didnt deserve to learn SSJ That easliy. Same with Kale,Cabba,Goten and trunks since they really didnt went through that much compared to Goku,Gohan,Vegeta and Future Trunks

Im not a troll Since I hate to cause conflict and i just replied here to explain more on why I dont like these characters. im just saying what characters i don't like and that's my opinion that's all I hope you understand it and respect it. And Ill respect yours as well :D