Most hated characters in fiction?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Most hated characters in fiction?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Title says it all, what are you most hated characters in all of fiction. Here's mine.

Bowser Junior (Super Mario Bros.): He's an annoying spoiled brat with a whiny voice that makes my ears want to bleed, how do people even find this guy cute?

Broly (Dragon Ball Z): Waste of a character with zero personality that's only all about being some angry monster, what do people see in this guy?

DINO (Dante In Name Only) aka DmC Dante: He's some addicted pothead addicted to crack and has no relation to the Dante we know.

Glenn Quagmire (Family Guy): You have no idea how much I hate this guy. He was descent back early in the season but now......He's a damn hypocrite, hates Brian for "reasons", yet he's a fucking perverted rapist. So many horrible things I want to see happen to him, wish he would die.

Penny Peterson (Mr. Peabody & Sherman): I have no words to describe how much I hate this brat. She deserved no redemption and was forgiven too easily, she nearly ruined Mr. Peabody's and Sherman's lives, I'll get how Sherman can even forgive and be friends with that brat, if she was truly sorry as she said later in the movie, she wouldn't of done any of it and god she's ignorant, when she says "Then why is "Don't remember her name" trying to take Sherman away", that made me snap. I said "BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU! YOU BRAT! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO CAME TO SHERMAN STARTED THIS AND HAD THIS HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!". There's so many things I'd love to see happen horribly to her along with Glenn Quagmire.

Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto): He's a whiny emo brat who whines about everything and all thinks about is getting revenge this and that, should've died at the end of the series and forgiven too easily for all the horrible shit committed, how could Naruto and everyone else still want him back?

Vergil (Devil May Cry): He's an arrogant asshole who thinks of being superior of everyone finding them all inferior below him and keeps trying to kill his brother Dante. What else is there to say?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Most hated characters in fiction?

Post by Ivo-goji »

I don't really hate anyone.

I think some characters are overrated (looking at you Red from Pokemon) but I don't particularly dislike them.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

I can't think of my own most hated character right now, but the most hated character in fiction is probably this fanbase's very own...

The fact that "Dante In Name Only" comes from him oughta say a lot.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Well, i won't mention the most obvious ones *cough coughJarJarcough coughScrappyDoocough cough* but there are also some other ones:
Mater (Cars series): The Cars series are watchable at best, but having to sit to what this guy does is plain tedious. He's like a redneck Jar Jar Binks with the voice of Larry the Cable Guy, a comedian i can't really stand.
Slippy Toad: As if the whinny voice wasn't enough, he just keeps shouting useless advice.
Tingle: Albeit, as annoying as he is, he does make Majora's Mask feel a tad more light-hearted.
The guests of Zoo Tycoon: They just never stop complaining to matter what.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Are we talking characters we hate hate or love to hate?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Broly (Dragon Ball Z): Waste of a character with zero personality that's only all about being some angry monster, what do people see in this guy?

This. and.....

Sarah (Ed, Edd n' Eddy) She's an angry spoiled brat who treats her brother like shit and when things don't go her way, she whines and threatens to tell on Ed when he did absolutely nothing wrong.

Brian Griffon (Family Guy) He's a smug self-absorbed, alcoholic, atheist asshole who thinks he's a great writer when he's terrible.

that's all I've got for now. If I think of more I'll add them

@Living Corpse: I'm assuming hate hate.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Wait are you saying Brian is worst than Quagmire who is a perverted rapist? If anything Quagmire is the worst one.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

It's a cartoon aimed at adults. I don't see you pitching a fit over Herbert, an obvious pedophile. It's offensive bad humor, don't take it so seriously.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Broly (Dragon Ball Z): Waste of a character with zero personality that's only all about being some angry monster, what do people see in this guy?

This. and.....

Sarah (Ed, Edd n' Eddy) She's an angry spoiled brat who treats her brother like shit and when things don't go her way, she whines and threatens to tell on Ed when he did absolutely nothing wrong.
Oh, god, she, Jimmy (whiny little fucker), and Kevin all are annoying. The blonde Kanker sister also really bugged me. Thought the blue-haired one was awesome though.
Brian Griffon (Family Guy) He's a smug self-absorbed, alcoholic, atheist asshole who thinks he's a great writer when he's terrible.
The character's evolved into more of a shithead over time, but he used to be my favorite character. Now, Stewie's about the only one who I consistently like.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I won't deny Brian has his faults but I for one think Quagmire is a far worst character due to what I said.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I won't deny Brian has his faults but I for one think Quagmire is a far worst character due to what I said.
You are aware that the characters from Seth MacFarlane's shows aren't meant to be taking that literally and seriously, right? Even more so with the newer seasons where it's clear the characters just exist to get cheap laughs from the audience.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Sakura (Naruto). Not sure this even needs justification. At least Sasuke has a reason for his foolish behavior.

I don't think there are other characters that I 'hate'. Being a representation of things I don't believe in or find inappropriate isn't really a grounds for me saying I dislike a particular collection of pixels.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Castellan Zilla wrote:You are aware that the characters from Seth MacFarlane's shows aren't meant to be taking that literally and seriously, right? Even more so with the newer seasons where it's clear the characters just exist to get cheap laughs from the audience.
I don't get what's so funny about someone being a hypocritical perverted rapist. Rape is not a funny thing and it has many of those jokes in there.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: I don't get what's so funny about someone being a hypocritical perverted rapist. Rape is not a funny thing and it has many of those jokes in there.
Rape isn't funny, but Herbert being a pedophile is?

My point is, is that anything and everything is up for being mocked, funny, and joked about. You're allowed to dislike Quagmire all you want, but I find it idiotic and stupid. He's not a character to be taken seriously. None of them are.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Family Guy's characters are supposed to be disgusting, horrible people. That's intentional, the target audience finds it funny. And if you're taking the show so seriously that you get angry at the characters, the show's creators probably find you funny. There's no point in getting bent out of shape about it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I didn't say pedophillia was a funny thing because it isn't. They don't show Herbert just as much for that matter to, let's just agree to disagree alright.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

JAG gets it. Not saying you can't have horrible characters with development, cause you can. Just look at Archer. Those characters are far from being actual moral, decent people. But, throughout the seasons they have character development and grow. This was something that was not intended for Family Guy and Seth's other works. You're watching his shows for a quick laugh.

Another example of an animated comedy show with characters with some development would be Futurama. Leela and Fry are shining portrayals of this. And a lot of the other characters had some emotional episodes tied to them. Remember when they tried to do that with Family Guy and Brian's death? It failed, far as I was concerned.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I suppose your right then. Can't really argue with that.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Ligerzilla2014 wrote:Sakura (Naruto). Not sure this even needs justification. At least Sasuke has a reason for his foolish behavior

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about her. Yeah, it sucks because she actually did get some good development at the beginning of Shippuden (in one of the most awesome fights in the series in my opinion) but she pretty much went right back t square one after that.

@Kubo: Oh hey man, how've you been?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

About Family Guy... I don't watch Seth McFarlane material because I, for the most part, do not find horrible people being horrible funny.

At least the Eds tend to get comeuppance for when they do something bad. In fact, the world never seems to forgive them. This brings me to...

The Kanker Sisters (Ed, Edd n Eddy). They never get their comeuppance and constantly win. They are horrible people, the whole trio. When the Eds see should win, the Kankers do. When the Eds need comeuppance, the Kankers are open for torture at any time.
GodzillaFreak99 wrote: Sarah (Ed, Edd n' Eddy) She's an angry spoiled brat who treats her brother like shit and when things don't go her way, she whines and threatens to tell on Ed when he did absolutely nothing wrong.
I agree with this.

Balloon Boy (Five Nights at Freddy's). Stop stealing my batteries and not being scary in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, you little shit. And doing all the jumpscares, allowing Springtrap to get me in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. This paragraph is a joke, kind of.

Also, whatever you call that black and white thing from The Lion Guard. Just putting "bunga" in the middle of words and doing that horrible musical number annoyed me. I know that show is not meant for me, but it really shows.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a