Godzilla x Evangelion - Collaboration

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla x Evangelion - Collaboration

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It's always so surreal to see Shin Godzilla interact with other monsters. It makes me wish we just got a proper length animation, or something, involving Shin Godzilla fighting other creatures. Ghidorah as an angel makes sense, and it's weird we technically have a "new Ghidorah".

At this point just release a full 90 minute animated film!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:35 am didn't they made a figure or statue of the godzilla and unit 01 hybrid long time ago
Yes.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think there’s a difference between seeing a figure of it, and then briefly seeing it in action. There’s also now “lore” to the character, and it’s not just a nameless idea. It’s an evolved Unit 01, mutated by Shin Godzilla’s energy. Freaky!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Wild how the MV continues to influence Japanese Godzilla stuff. That segment was straight out of Godzilla vs Kong.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:04 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:42 pm Still really awesome. I think that is the Shin Ghidorah design.
Unfortunately, that 100% is not, it's just the Heisei design with an Angel core slapped on his chest. Super lame, but the animation itself is pretty wonderful.
I much prefer the Shin Ghidorah design from the Universal ride, it’s more unique. Weird how we now have 2 Shin Ghidorah designs. It’s redundant.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Formerly known as kurtzilla

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JesstrK wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:10 am
GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:04 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:42 pm Still really awesome. I think that is the Shin Ghidorah design.
Unfortunately, that 100% is not, it's just the Heisei design with an Angel core slapped on his chest. Super lame, but the animation itself is pretty wonderful.
I much prefer the Shin Ghidorah design from the Universal ride, it’s more unique. Weird how we now have 2 Shin Ghidorah designs. It’s redundant.
That's Angel Ghidorah not Shin Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Why do you think they didn't bother to use the Shin Ghidorah design from the ride?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:24 pm ^Why do you think they didn't bother to use the Shin Ghidorah design from the ride?
Because that's for the ride, and this is for pachinko. Two completely seperate operations.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:49 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:24 pm ^Why do you think they didn't bother to use the Shin Ghidorah design from the ride?
Because that's for the ride, and this is for pachinko. Two completely seperate operations.
Why would they let that be an obstacle?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:45 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:49 pm
Why would they let that be an obstacle?
It's not an obstacle, I'm pointing out that they're two completely different projects. One was for USJ, the other is made for Pachinko. It's possible that this collaboration overall is bottom up, and not bottom down. IE, there's a high likelihood whoever made it wasn't aware of Shin Ghidorah and just chose to slap an angel core on Ghidorah. It's also possible that it was easier to use a model of Ghidorah, which I THINK might be ripped from the Godzilla Ps4 game, then get the Shin Ghidorah model and change it to be more "realistic".

There's also a chance they didn't want to reuse Shin Ghidorah's design, because it's not as immediately recognizable to non-Godzilla fans. Keep in mind LEGALLY, only the lucky few who went to the USJ crossover and/or bought the figure would have any idea what Shin Ghidorah looks like. Meanwhile, the people playing Pachinko probably do have a better chance of recognizing Heisei Ghidorah.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Since Toho only cares about making money, not about preserving these movies, they might as well just go and make a movie about this. Just give us a movie already and make the boomers angry please. I'd love that.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I'd rather see the Evas as guest characters in a Godzilla fighting game.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The best thing about these crossovers is teasing my Eva friends telling them Anno himself thinks Shin Godzilla would wreck the Eva verse lol.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:18 am The best thing about these crossovers is teasing my Eva friends telling them Anno himself thinks Shin Godzilla would wreck the Eva verse lol.
Did Anno actually say that?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Yes a while back

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:47 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:18 am The best thing about these crossovers is teasing my Eva friends telling them Anno himself thinks Shin Godzilla would wreck the Eva verse lol.
Did Anno actually say that?
Everytime they cross over Shin beats up the three Evas, then they team up when they realize Shin is there to stop the real threat.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don't think the idea of Shin Godzilla, or other incarnations, being "stronger" than the individual eva units should be surprising or controversial. Typically the Eva Units are complete underdogs, and require heavy planning, assistance, and team work to defeat angels. I think there's very few moments in any Evangelion series where Shinji and/or the others, defeat an angel one on one with ease.

The obvious exceptions are when the Unit goes berserk, or when it enters an god-like state.

Ignoring the latter completely, the berserk evas may be strong but are still complete glass cannons. I assume that the "Eva-Unit-Godzilla" is much stronger than the berserk unit; being able to utilize the Eva's immense strength, agility+Godzilla's beams (?) and durability.

The biggest thing from that trailer, is that we know that's a transformation of Unit-01. Before, when they had the figure, I don't think there was any lore or story behind it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

And when you think about it, Shin doesn't even have to throw a punch :lol: :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I was just watching the pachinko video and I don’t know about you guys, but it definitely looks like that while Unit 01 transformed into Eva Godzilla, Shinji totally died.
For Emperor and Empire!