Random facts about you

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Random facts about you

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Leviarex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:25 pm
-20 years ago, this month (when I was in 7th grade) I was suspended for three days because of a fight in the locker room. But I took consolation in the fact that the higher ups were sympathetic/empathetic towards me, the s.o.b. who started it was also suspended, and it meant an extra three days of Christmas Vacation.
I can't award any crowns or medals, but here, take these cookies :cookie: :cookie: Merry Christmas.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Leviarex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:25 pm To me, the best straight adaptation of 'A Christmas Carol' is the 1984 one with George C. Scott. On that note, the scenes with the Ghost of Christmas Furure terrified me as a young kid, and as a kid, I thought that the screeching music were noises that he made.
The version I grew up on, and therefore, the best one. ;)

That movie had a lot of memorable scenes. The Ghost of Christmas Future was super dark and creepy, but I remember the female ghost (Ghost of Christmas Past?) being really memorable as well, when she's glowing in the hallway.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I can’t remember what happened last night :shrug:
For Emperor and Empire!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Creature22 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:59 pm
Leviarex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:25 pm To me, the best straight adaptation of 'A Christmas Carol' is the 1984 one with George C. Scott. On that note, the scenes with the Ghost of Christmas Furure terrified me as a young kid, and as a kid, I thought that the screeching music were noises that he made.
The version I grew up on, and therefore, the best one. ;)

That movie had a lot of memorable scenes. The Ghost of Christmas Future was super dark and creepy, but I remember the female ghost (Ghost of Christmas Past?) being really memorable as well, when she's glowing in the hallway.
Completely agree, fantastic adaptation, Scott really plays a fantastic scrooge.
He Jock it Made of Steel

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:43 pm I can’t remember what happened last night :shrug:
Well, that's not good. Might want to try hypnotic regression, see if that brings out any buried memories. And have a doctor check you for tiny implants made of metals that aren't found on Earth.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I feel like I've recently been on a big Gamera kick as of late. I regret sort of digging into Gamera back In the day on this side. Suddenly Daiei as a studio to me is really interesting, and I love a lot of the designs of some of the Showa and Heisei Gamera monsters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My least favorite Christmas special would no doubt have to be the 'King of the Hill' episode, 'Pretty, Pretty Dresses'.
Last edited by Leviarex on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

While performing a Christmas play in elementary school, I got diarrhea during one of the musical numbers. There's video footage on a VHS somewhere of me looking very ready to drop everything before quickly ducking behind some other kids.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Although the Christmas elements in it are minor, the 'Sailor Moon' episode, 'Venus: Minako's Nurse Mayhem' is still one I make a habit of watching more than once this time of year.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Leviarex wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:53 pm Although the Christmas elements in it are minor, the 'Sailor Moon' episode, 'Venus: Minako's Nurse Mayhem' is still one I make a habit of watching more than once this time of year.
That's probably one of my favorite episodes. So funny.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I plan to ring in 2022 with a Tim Burton themed marathon consisting of the following movies:

'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure'
'Batman Returns'
'Sleepy Hollow'
'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
'Frankenweenie'
Last edited by Leviarex on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

This year in terms of movies began with one of the worst I saw IMO (Shadow in the Cloud) but ended with one of the best (Hilda and the Mountain King).
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I call split pea soup swamp soup. disclaimer: I actually like split pea soup
your source of self destruction

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:15 am This year in terms of movies began with one of the worst I saw IMO (Shadow in the Cloud)
It looks more like an action movie rather than horror based on the poster alone

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I don’t like feeling pessimistic. To counter this I listen to overly optimistic music, look at life-affirming memes, and generally take steps to better my well-being and hopefulness for the future.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:33 pm I don’t like feeling pessimistic. To counter this I listen to overly optimistic music, look at life-affirming memes, and generally take steps to better my well-being and hopefulness for the future.
Based.
Resized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m not good at drawing, but I made a new year’s resolution to practice and get better. My dream is to draw stuff to do with TK and it’s members, and general interactions that happen *IN ART FORM!*. I want it to be reminiscent of political satirical cartoons. Short, sweet and funny. And if not that, just artsy representations of all you fantastic folks here at TK!

I’d make representations of users based on their pfp, so I gotta get good! When I feel I’m good enough at drawing, you guys can commission me to draw you, for free.

Went on a bit of a self-hype-promotion tangent, but that’s my resolution :lol:
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m confused about whether I should be wrathful or be the way I am now, on the Internet

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:50 am I’m confused about whether I should be wrathful or be the way I am now, on the Internet
Wrathful? You wanna be a constantly angry person? :eh:
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:50 am I’m confused about whether I should be wrathful or be the way I am now, on the Internet
Wrathful? You wanna be a constantly angry person? :eh:
No, but there have been people on the Internet that make me feel angry towards them and to think to get rid of them, I have the worst of the worst.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.