Random facts about you

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Random facts about you

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:03 pm Jurassic Park III used to be my favorite Jurassic Park film, back when I was really young.
That makes the two of us.

I used to play Guitar and Piano. Now I’m helpless on either.
I have faith in you! You can awaken those skills, and breathe life into them once more!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The mentality of "Separate art from the artist" is honestly something I'm increasingly using when it comes to certain media I like and I honestly wish it was something people used more often. I'm not saying people shouldn't be forced to watch a product from a company they're personally not fond of or anything (that's stupid :lol: ), but you shouldn't feel all that ashamed if a skreoonked up company/person make something you DO enjoy, and I feel like too many people take their anger out on everyone working on a product if a controversy pops up, instead of the rather obvious factor that the decisions that made that happen clearly stemmed from a select few people who unfortunately made their way on top.

My love for dinosaur movies have kinda waned over the last couple months. Not that I love a good dino flick, but beyond Jurassic World, no dino movie is really catching my attention.

I've been wanting to repaint my house for the longest time but I'm kind of a lazy bum.

Saturn is my favorite planet

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:03 pm Jurassic Park III used to be my favorite Jurassic Park film, back when I was really young.

Nowadays, it's The Lost World; JP3 is more of a guilty pleasure.

Added in 47 seconds:
I still hated the T-Rex vs Spinosaurus scene, though.
Voyager wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pmThat makes the two of us.
Jurassic Park III is actually my second favorite film in the series. Beaten only by the original obviously.

For what it is, it's a fun entertaining monster romp that doesn't overstay its welcome. Comes and goes.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I can't stand hair on my body.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:48 pm I can't hair on my body.
You… can’t… hair on your body?

What.

Anyways, it’s been my dream to dress as celebrities.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:50 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:48 pm I can't hair on my body.
You… can’t… hair on your body?

What.

Anyways, it’s been my dream to dress as celebrities.

Can't stand.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The way I've been holding pencils and pens for 14-ish years has affected my body! My right thumb is now extra flexible, with me being able to bend it back freakishly far.
For Emperor and Empire!

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

So I took the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test the other day and the result was INFP-T. In summary, the personality can be described as:

"Although they may seem quiet or unassuming, Mediators (INFPs) have vibrant, passionate inner lives. Creative and imaginative, they happily lose themselves in daydreams, inventing all sorts of stories and conversations in their minds...Idealistic and empathetic, Mediators long for deep, soulful relationships, and they feel called to help others...Mediators are compassionate and nonjudgmental, always willing to hear another person’s story. When someone opens up to them or turns to them for comfort, they feel honored to listen and be of help."

The downsides to this personality include:

- Being assaulted by self-doubt on all sides--just ask my author friends how many writing projects I've started and then stopped because I was afraid they wouldn't amount to anything;
- A tendency to help and sacrifice onself for others to the point of neglecting their own needs and dreams;
- A tendency to get bogged down in so many creative ideas that it's hard to start a single one--once again, there's an overwhelming sense of "If the first work you complete were to represent your creative output, would you like it to be *this* one?"
- A constant feeling of worthlessness and living below one's own potential when not working in a satisfying profession.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

^That's neat. I'm an INTP.

I remember taking those personality quizzes over and over again when I was in high school and posting the results on different forums.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I took the personality test, turns out I’m an ENTJ (Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging), which makes up 2.2% of the population.

“ As an ENTJ, you are a natural leader and great problem solver. To you, there is no problem that cannot be overcome, and you enjoy nothing more than reaching your goals. Others are naturally drawn to you, and you have a knack for getting others on board with your ideas.

You hold yourself and others to a very high standard. You always try to learn from your mistakes, doing your best to avoid making the same ones again in the future.”

I also have the rare ability to “visualise the future I desire”.

My downsides are that I’m
-Pushy
-Impatient with others less competent than me.
-I’m not very compassionate when working.
-I have troubles with F types (feelings).
-I neglect complex theories.
-Make decisions without viewing all the options.

Those who know me IRL would attest to this lol.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

This is going to sound kind of cheesy, but I've been nostalgic for the 2010s for a while now. I'm also nostalgic for the 2000s, but the 2010s pretty much changed my life in a lot of ways. Made so many friends, had lots of fun with them, all the great movies, TV shows, anime and video games (although I think video games were better in the 2000s) that came out during that time, I got into gaming and anime culture which REALLY changed my life, so much has happened, for better and for worse, and I did so many things that it made that decade very memorable to me, and I really miss all of that.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My number one favorite 'Shark Week' documentary is 'Top Ten Sharkdown'.

I've had numerous dreams that take place in my old childhood home in Rhode Island.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Me? Oh that I'm originally from Mississippi, lived in Tacoma (met another poster there), and now live in Mexico and hop bsck and forth across the border daily. Any questions about Mexico?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

imposterzilla wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 pm Me? Oh that I'm originally from Mississippi, lived in Tacoma (met another poster there), and now live in Mexico and hop bsck and forth across the border daily. Any questions about Mexico?
Would you say there’s a significant difference in safety? Is there some kind of cultural blending?

A fact about me is that for most of my life I was a hopeless romantic. I reminisce about those days quite often, knowing how far I’ve come.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I have a bad sense of smell.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I can only smirk with the left side of my mouth. I can not
independently move the right side of my mouth.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 pm I can only smirk with the left side of my mouth. I can not
independently move the right side of my mouth.
I'm the mirror of that. Only the right side really moves on its own.

On the other hand, I have far more solo control of my left eyebrow.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I can do a perfect "The Rock eyebrow raise" and it gets my friends every time.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I can't put into words as to why, but when reading the synopsis and script for 'Godzilla 3D', I've always imagined Harrison Ford as Peter Daxton.