The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by tbeasley »

I just feel a lot of them could be redone, condensed or excised outright if possible. Example - I don't think 'Announcements' needs to be at the top of every page. If so, put them under one topic with a 'Please Read First' type title. Perhaps it's just me being anal and nitpicky about the 'look' of the place but it's a new year, we're post-Godzilla vs Kong, things are calming down a bit, sprucing up the place for 2022 and the 2020s in general seems achievable.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

tbeasley wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:39 pm I just feel a lot of them could be redone, condensed or excised outright if possible. Example - I don't think 'Announcements' needs to be at the top of every page. If so, put them under one topic with a 'Please Read First' type title. Perhaps it's just me being anal and nitpicky about the 'look' of the place but it's a new year, we're post-Godzilla vs Kong, things are calming down a bit, sprucing up the place for 2022 and the 2020s in general seems achievable.
+1. Moving the Announcements probably to here in the Comments and Suggestions or making an entirely new subforum here titled "Forum News/Rules". Granted - it wont EVER be read, because if people can't read an all red banner ticker text on the top of the screen they wont navigate to a sub-forum at the bottom of a page. I know that from experience. YES - i'm still salty. As for the Leaks thing - those still are in effect as of my retirement to my knowledge. They should remain sticked to some degree. Though duplicating certain posts, moving others and making a new sub-forum for "Forum Announcements / News" I can put my seal on. I should have thought of that 4 years ago :B
UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:44 pm-
Quoting for notification

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'll share them with the staff as I'm limited on what I can do as a moderator.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So what's gonna happen to the TriStarVerse category, now that it's April 2nd. I doubt it's gonna be staying up on the forums but will it be archived?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:02 pm So what's gonna happen to the TriStarVerse category, now that it's April 2nd. I doubt it's gonna be staying up on the forums but will it be archived?
Probably stay up for week then get moved for deletion :s They could rip the threads out and move them into General Toho... *wink*

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:02 pm So what's gonna happen to the TriStarVerse category, now that it's April 2nd. I doubt it's gonna be staying up on the forums but will it be archived?
Tristarverse? What are you on about?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:55 pm
I... don't know. Probably just a dream I thought was real. It happens sometimes.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:41 pm
I... don't know. Probably just a dream I thought was real. It happens sometimes.
No but seriously did anyone save those posts? Reading all that and everyone's responses and participating a little myself was by far the highlight of April fools for me this year.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:33 pm

No but seriously did anyone save those posts? Reading all that and everyone's responses and participating a little myself was by far the highlight of April fools for me this year.
I was going to way back when but I figured they'd save it themselves for the April Fools blog. Hope someone else wasn't as dumb as I was.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:43 pm
PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:33 pm

I was going to way back when but I figured they'd save it themselves for the April Fools blog. Hope someone else wasn't as dumb as I was.
We're in the same boat. I was just going to quickly screenshot the threads using Firefox's 'screenshot this page' feature, but when it was locked for a few days I thought I might have a while and never got around to it.

GodzFire
Samurai

Section/ability to post thread for Godzilla DVDs/BRs for sale?

Post by GodzFire »

I'm wondering what section, if appropriate, I could make a post for selling my Godzilla DVDs/BRs lot? I'm on disability and need to make ends meet, and would prefer these discs to go to fellow g-fans.

So the question is A) if I'm allowed to make a "I have for sale" post and B) if so, what section is proper?

Thank you staff/others.
G . o . D . z . F . i . R . e

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Section/ability to post thread for Godzilla DVDs/BRs for sale?

Post by Maritonic »

GodzFire wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:50 pm I'm wondering what section, if appropriate, I could make a post for selling my Godzilla DVDs/BRs lot? I'm on disability and need to make ends meet, and would prefer these discs to go to fellow g-fans.

So the question is A) if I'm allowed to make a "I have for sale" post and B) if so, what section is proper?

Thank you staff/others.
Forums haven't allowed for things like that for quite some time. Higher ups don't want to be held accountable for any issues or discrepancies in the transactions.

As the forum manager, I PROBABLY shouldn't say there are loop holes around this? But there are. Just handle the transactions off-forum.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzFire
Samurai

Post by GodzFire »

Maritonic wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:57 am
GodzFire wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:50 pm I'm wondering what section, if appropriate, I could make a post for selling my Godzilla DVDs/BRs lot? I'm on disability and need to make ends meet, and would prefer these discs to go to fellow g-fans.

Thank you staff/others.
Forums haven't allowed for things like that for quite some time. Higher ups don't want to be held accountable for any issues or discrepancies in the transactions.

As the forum manager, I PROBABLY shouldn't say there are loop holes around this? But there are. Just handle the transactions off-forum.
I appreciate the response, the question is how can I let people know what I have to sell if technically I can't make a post that lists what I have? Or would I be able to make a post and 'hypothetically' and list what I have and say if anyone was interested to PM me? And if it was the case, what section would that post go in, General or Media Center?
Last edited by GodzFire on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzFire wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:55 am

Thank you staff/others.

I appreciate the response, the question is how can I let people know what I have to sell if technically I can't make a post that lists what I have?
www.ebay.com
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/learn-more/
www.amazon.com
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzFire
Samurai

Post by GodzFire »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:27 am
GodzFire wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:55 am

I appreciate the response, the question is how can I let people know what I have to sell if technically I can't make a post that lists what I have?
www.ebay.com
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/learn-more/
www.amazon.com
Ebay already well known about and use. Marketplace is limited to a certain radius diameter based on location (max 500 miles). Amazon you have to be a 'Store' to sell.
Last edited by GodzFire on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

You know, there are plenty of Godzilla collecting Facebook groups you could join that encourage buying and selling...

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I dunno what's going on, but I don't think I can edit posts anymore?

edit: nvm, just seems like I can't edit older posts anymore. Carry on.
Last edited by Moth on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Bane
Yojimbo

Post by Bane »

How come you can't view member profiles? What incited this change?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Bane wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:21 pm How come you can't view member profiles? What incited this change?
Could this be because you still have made fewer posts, maybe?
Last edited by G-Matt on Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Bane
Yojimbo

Post by Bane »

G-Matt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:32 am
Bane wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:21 pm How come you can't view member profiles? What incited this change?
Could this be because you still have made fewer posts, maybe?
Uh yeah it's possible... how many posts do I need until I can see member profiles?