Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Despite the second movie being meh, I did like the Jaegers. Should have bought the Diamond Select ones when I should have. Now they're all way too over priced.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Which company would we want to produce PR figures in the future? Super 7?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Anguirus wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:34 pm Which company would we want to produce PR figures in the future? Super 7?
I'd say Super 7, but we haven't seen any of their 6 inch Goji lineup. So I'd have to go with, maybe Mcfarlane honestly? They've done a killer job on DC figures lately.

Plus imagine Build a Kaiju waves, with specific film centric waves. 5 PR1 Jaegers that build a Slattern or a Knifehead. A few deluxe single Kaiju releases, and battle damaged Gold Label exclusive Jaegers.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Not sure if this is the place to post this and if it’s against the rules please let me know or take it down but I’m looking to get rid of my Otachi Land Form NECA figure. It’s only been displayed and in very good shape and comes with all the accessories and the box if you want. Looking for PayPal but would also be interested in a trade for Godzilla items as well. Just shoot me a PM if you are interested.

crockalley
Ronin

Post by crockalley »

I was recently swapping out displays, putting my NECA PR figures in a box. I was a bit startled to see how many jaegers were falling apart. About half the figures have an arm or leg fall off. Yikes.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

crockalley wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:53 am I was recently swapping out displays, putting my NECA PR figures in a box. I was a bit startled to see how many jaegers were falling apart. About half the figures have an arm or leg fall off. Yikes.
NECA: Non durable goods

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

My 18 inch Cherno Alpha came in, I love it!
If Neca had done another 18 inch kaiju who would it have been? I'm guessing Leatherback.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Anguirus wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:08 pm My 18 inch Cherno Alpha came in, I love it!
If Neca had done another 18 inch kaiju who would it have been? I'm guessing Leatherback.
Probably Tresspasser so they could reuse parts
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:55 pm
crockalley wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:53 am I was recently swapping out displays, putting my NECA PR figures in a box. I was a bit startled to see how many jaegers were falling apart. About half the figures have an arm or leg fall off. Yikes.
NECA: Non durable goods
Kinda makes one nostalgic for those McFarlane figures back in the 90s, doesn't it?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Funny enough, I was just coming to this thread to post a similar experience. I was dusting all my Pacific Rim figures last week and not one but two Gipsy Dangers broke on me. Barely touched the damned things and they just kinda self-destructed. Anteverse Gipsy actually broke in a few places (the joints, like the rest of the figure, are clear, making them even more fragile then they already were). Little bit of glue and they're good as new though, just not quite as "mobile" anymore.

Most of my figures have thankfully held up well - especially the kaiju - but goddamn, some of these things just were not built to last.
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:56 pm Despite the second movie being meh, I did like the Jaegers. Should have bought the Diamond Select ones when I should have. Now they're all way too over priced.
It frightens me to see how much any of these things go for these days, especially the NECA figures but those ones too. I like the Diamond Select figures a lot, but most of them aren't terribly articulated - wouldn't pay much more than retail, to be frank. They look damn nice on a shelf though (paint is leagues above Bandai's efforts), and they fit in wonderfully with the NECA figures.

Uprising was awful, but I do agree that the Jaegers and kaiju were pretty good.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I ordered the 18 inch Knifehead. I couldn't resist any longer. It will go fine with my 18 inch Gypsy and Cherno.
Also, anyone receive their Atlas Destroyer figures yet?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

It's been reported that Bandai is thinking about reissuing the Chogokin, after I bought it over the summer, of course. Hopefully they continue the line after that.
Edit: Apparantly all of the Chogokins are up for possible resale, I guess the voting on the site will indicate which ones go for resale. I voted for Gypsy of course!
Last edited by Anguirus on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Diamond Select are re issuing their PRU figures! Thanks for the heads up Ultrazilla!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Anguirus wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:12 pm Diamond Select are re issuing their PRU figures! Thanks for the heads up Ultrazilla!
This is quite peculiar. Why would they bother reissuing them after all this time? I'm very curious.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Old stock probably. Hasn't been the first time it's happened. I remember a little while ago Weta Collectibles found some old 2005 Kong stock and BBTS was selling them. Or maybe they're just trying to cash in on Pacific Rim The Black hype hahaha.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Noble Saber wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm Old stock probably. Hasn't been the first time it's happened. I remember a little while ago Weta Collectibles found some old 2005 Kong stock and BBTS was selling them. Or maybe they're just trying to cash in on Pacific Rim The Black hype hahaha.
Now I am even more curious as to where this old stock has been all this time. :lol: Also were these 30 bucks last time?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:54 pm
Noble Saber wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm Old stock probably. Hasn't been the first time it's happened. I remember a little while ago Weta Collectibles found some old 2005 Kong stock and BBTS was selling them. Or maybe they're just trying to cash in on Pacific Rim The Black hype hahaha.
Now I am even more curious as to where this old stock has been all this time. :lol: Also were these 30 bucks last time?
Usually either the retailer or distributor will find unsold stock in their warehouses. Those places are mad big. Though, BBTS is listing this as a "reissue" so I'm leaning towards Diamond finding it profitable enough to do another run of these figures, since they probably still have the molds.

Diamond seems to be upcharging the price on these reissues. They are also available for preorder at Entertainment Earth.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Diamond Select unveiled an 8" Gipsy Danger figure that they will be selling in the future!
https://twitter.com/MattGuzy/status/155 ... eUeHA&s=19
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

YESS!! I am soo happy! I was sad that NECA did not unveil any new PR stuff, but I am glad Diamond Select is!! I hope they release the other jaegers from the first film also! This literally made my day!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Potentially very exciting news. I hope DST goes through with every on-screen Jaeger and even some of the kaiju NECA neglected to cover. Hell, gimme all the kaiju they did do anyway! I'm in for the whole set.