Trolling Godzilla Fans

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Trolling Godzilla Fans

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Bagan isn't Thanos.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:33 pm Bagan isn't Thanos.
This but with Destroyah.
Resized Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Bagan sucks, it's a one off character from a pretty stupid snes game.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:38 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:33 pm Bagan isn't Thanos.
This but with Destroyah.
Both apply.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

IMO most of the love for Bagan as this superpowered end boss comes from that one set of KWCs where he fights literally everyone and their grandmother.

I wouldn't be opposed to him being some sort of guardian monster if he ever gets put in a film, as he was supposed to be in that scrapped mothra film.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

“DougheGoji is the single worst design Godzilla has ever had, barring the obvious (GINO).”
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:36 am “DougheGoji is the single worst design Godzilla has ever had, barring the obvious (GINO).”
“You’ve angered me the horde”
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Mothra vs Godzilla is just a retread of the original "Mothra" film as is by far the weakest out of Toho's golden era- hence why Godzilla vs Mothra (1992) is a far better film, plus it has a lot of awesome and jaw-dropping laser scenes.

Also, "Legends of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds" is better than all of them. Legitimately the best kaiju film ever made, but in plot and cinematography. Nothing can beat the utter classic of a moment where the Rhamphorynchus swoops in on the terrified crowd as the funkiest jazz music from your Grandmother's era plays. It says a lot when Russia rebranded two Heisei Godzilla films as sequels to this to save themselves from embarrassment. A masterpiece for the ages, truly.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Dv-218 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 pm Mothra vs Godzilla is just a retread of the original "Mothra" film as is by far the weakest out of Toho's golden era- hence why Godzilla vs Mothra (1992) is a far better film, plus it has a lot of awesome and jaw-dropping laser scenes.
Congratulations. I forgot what thread I was in and you scared the shit out of me for a second, there. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pmCongratulations. I forgot what thread I was in and you scared the shit out of me for a second, there. :lol:
These threads all blend together.

Here’s one – “Most Godzilla films are well made and interesting for what they are, with engaging human drama and satisfying monster action.”

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

GojiSquid wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:30 am IMO most of the love for Bagan as this superpowered end boss comes from that one set of KWCs where he fights literally everyone and their grandmother.

I wouldn't be opposed to him being some sort of guardian monster if he ever gets put in a film, as he was supposed to be in that scrapped mothra film.
Okay I would legit love to see a good guy Bagan. I think he's so over-rated as another villainous kaiju given how generic he tends to be portrayed in the role.

But having him as an Guardian would be a legitimately interesting twist. Maybe he's sort of a 'Knight Templar' like Battra-protective of his charge but uncaring (if not outright antagonistic) towards humanity? Alternatively, maybe he's actually fully benevolent but merely looks terrifying; it could be sort of tragic to have him be attacked by the humans he's trying to protect simply because he looks dangerous

Alternatively, if he must be a 'demon' kaiju...why the screeoonk don't they use THIS design. Image

THAT looks like something that crawled out of the depths of Hell! It's like, the TOHO Studio Tour design is good and all but it's just so...generic, it feels like. It works, and it's kind of fitting for a 'modern Demon'/DOOM aesthetic, but it still feels kinda middling. It's not bad, just...unremarkable. The one above, however, THAT looks like some kind of eldritch abomination or a demon right out of Medieval European art.

(Sorry for going off topic)
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The Reiwa Fan
These guys are silly little buggers. They think their WEIRDO Godzillas are cool. But I’m gonna tell you cool kids out there (Showa fans 8-) ) how to wreck these cringe kids!!!!!

- Call Shin thunder thighs (he is a lardass)
- Call Earth a fatass green recolour of Legendary
- Call Ultima a cringe knockoff of Hedorah (no one will ever be as sick as Hedorah 8-) )
- Call all the movies and show boring as fuck with too many exposition scenes and to many humans we’re supposed to care about. Shinji Yaguchi is not cool like Mr Tako!!!!
- Villains are boring as hell too. I’m not giving a shit about Metophile or whatever his name is.
- Say that Studio Trigger should have done the Polygon Films.
- Say that Studio Trigger should have done SP.
- Say that Evangelion is better.
- Call Shin, Earth, and Ultima the worst designs in the franchise.
- Say that you hate JJ (he is so stupid!!!!!!)
For Emperor and Empire!

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Voyager wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:40 pm The Reiwa Fan
These guys are silly little buggers. They think their WEIRDO Godzillas are cool. But I’m gonna tell you cool kids out there (Showa fans 8-) ) how to wreck these cringe kids!!!!!

- Call Shin thunder thighs (he is a lardass)
- Call Earth a fatass green recolour of Legendary
- Call Ultima a cringe knockoff of Hedorah (no one will ever be as sick as Hedorah 8-) )
- Call all the movies and show boring as fuck with too many exposition scenes and to many humans we’re supposed to care about. Shinji Yaguchi is not cool like Mr Tako!!!!
- Villains are boring as hell too. I’m not giving a shit about Metophile or whatever his name is.
- Say that Studio Trigger should have done the Polygon Films.
- Say that Studio Trigger should have done SP.
- Say that Evangelion is better.
- Call Shin, Earth, and Ultima the worst designs in the franchise.
- Say that you hate JJ (he is so stupid!!!!!!)
Studio Trigger absolutely should have worked on the Anime. But they had other things that turned out for the better to do.

Also in regards to Bagan, I just think he's neat! My appreciation for him is because I think he's a curious "lost"/unmade part of Godzilla history. Shape shifting monster, corrupt guardian beast, or apocalypse bringer. Just fascinating stuff that Tanaka had in mind for him. My appreciation is not related in the slightest to KWC. I don't read the KWC stories because, if I wanted to super violent bouts with questionable booking I'd watch NOAH.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That last one would have them coming for you with torches and pitchforks.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

They probably don't even know what NOAH is.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

StardustGenius wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:49 pm They probably don't even know what NOAH is.
What's NOAH? :mechanikong:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:53 pm
StardustGenius wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:49 pm They probably don't even know what NOAH is.
What's NOAH? :mechanikong:
"I AM NOAH", well more like HE is NOAH. Figuratively anyway.

https://twitter. com/noahglobal/status/1582187184123424768
Last edited by StardustGenius on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Step 1. Find any place where people like calling Godzilla king a little too much (Preferably relating to KotM)
Step 2. Say “Gigan is the king”
Step 3. Watch the chaos.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:58 am Step 1. Find any place where people like calling Godzilla king a little too much (Preferably relating to KotM)
Step 2. Say “Gigan is the king”
Step 3. Watch the chaos.
:Gigan: Praise Gigan
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm sorry what? If "praise Gigan" is something that sets you off you deserve to be trolled.