Toy Photo Request Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Re: Toy Photo Request Thread

Post by godzilla1541 »

Can someone get a picture of the revoltech guardian of the universe gamera next to any neca Godzilla

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

godzilla1541 wrote:Can someone get a picture of the revoltech guardian of the universe gamera next to any neca Godzilla
I can get you half-way there, since the "Super Gamera" candy toy is the same size as the Revoltech. Will that work for you?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Yup that'll do

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

godzilla1541 wrote:Yup that'll do
Here ya go. Note that the Gamera is the 1996 suit, but the "Super Gamera" figures of 95 and 96 share the exact same torso and legs, and are the same size as the Revoltech versions.

Also, a bonus pic - this is the "Xebec Gamera" figure. It's not articulated (except the jaw), but I think the size goes better with NECA or SHMA figures.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Can someone please if they have them upload a picture of either 64 SHMA releases next to Neca's 6-Inch 2014?

And maybe one of the 64s next to the Neca 54?
Godzilla

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

g2vd wrote:Can someone please if they have them upload a picture of either 64 SHMA releases next to Neca's 6-Inch 2014?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Mechagigan wrote:
g2vd wrote:Can someone please if they have them upload a picture of either 64 SHMA releases next to Neca's 6-Inch 2014?

Awesome! thanks Mecha.

But man he is small even smaller than the Neca 2014 and he is absolutely dwarfed by the 54! but he does look really cool.

Would you recommend him? what are his Pros and Cons to you if you don't mind me asking?
Godzilla

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

g2vd wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:

Spoiler:
Awesome! thanks Mecha.

But man he is small even smaller than the Neca 2014 and he is absolutely dwarfed by the 54! but he does look really cool.

Would you recommend him? what are his Pros and Cons to you if you don't mind me asking?
As for pros, not only does he look spot-on exactly like G'64, but he's also a really great figure on his own merits. The articulation is really useful and you can get a lot of range in poses out of it. I really love the paint job on Emergence, too; it accentuates and brings out the textures well.

Cons, he's very fragile, and sadly joints often pop off if they're moved just barely too far. In fact, as you probably noticed, mine's left arm is missing a skin piece, presumably due to the original owner popping off the arm and the plastic sliding right off. He's also out of scale with just about every other figure, which is kind of noticeable against other SHMA figures.

All in all, he's a really great toy and as long as you're careful with him he should be fine. He's pretty cheap nowadays, too. The biggest problem is probably just the scale.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Mechagigan wrote: As for pros, not only does he look spot-on exactly like G'64, but he's also a really great figure on his own merits. The articulation is really useful and you can get a lot of range in poses out of it. I really love the paint job on Emergence, too; it accentuates and brings out the textures well.

Cons, he's very fragile, and sadly joints often pop off if they're moved just barely too far. In fact, as you probably noticed, mine's left arm is missing a skin piece, presumably due to the original owner popping off the arm and the plastic sliding right off. He's also out of scale with just about every other figure, which is kind of noticeable against other SHMA figures.

All in all, he's a really great toy and as long as you're careful with him he should be fine. He's pretty cheap nowadays, too. The biggest problem is probably just the scale.
Excellent, thank you for the advice Gigan it's been very useful.
Godzilla

godzilla14
Yojimbo

Post by godzilla14 »

Can someone post a pic of the 1964 emergence Godzilla SHMA figure and the Raymundo/Y-MSF 1962 King Kong? Thanks!

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

godzilla14 wrote:Can someone post a pic of the 1964 emergence Godzilla SHMA figure and the Raymundo/Y-MSF 1962 King Kong? Thanks!
here's a SHMA G'64 with Raymundo Kong. Its not the emergence version, but its a little dusty

Resized Image

and heres another shot just because
Resized Image

godzilla14
Yojimbo

Post by godzilla14 »

@ KlenSeven.... Thank you very much! Is that some added paint on your 62 Kong I spy? Also, how do you like the Kong as I have one and love it! But you never hear too much about him.

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

It is. I love the Raymundo Kongs

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Umn, just one more thing.

Does anyone have a comparison picture between the BC 1954 (Current Version) and a SHMA 64?
Godzilla

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

g2vd wrote:Umn, just one more thing.

Does anyone have a comparison picture between the BC 1954 (Current Version) and a SHMA 64?

Happy to take any more :D

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Mechagigan wrote:
g2vd wrote:Umn, just one more thing.

Happy to take any more :D
Awesome! thank you again Mecha, the pictures you've uploaded for me have been incredibly helpful and they've really helped me visualize how the 64 figure will look on my shelf and next to the others.

Also I find 54's expression in that picture funny for some reason.

And umn, since you don't mind if you have any of them could you please take some comparison shots between the SHMA 64 and the BC (GMK) King Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla (Showa) and Godzilla 2000 figures?
Godzilla

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

g2vd wrote: Awesome! thank you again Mecha, the pictures you've uploaded for me have been incredibly helpful and they've really helped me visualize how the 64 figure will look on my shelf and next to the others.

Also I find 54's expression in that picture funny for some reason.

And umn, since you don't mind if you have any of them could you please take some comparison shots between the SHMA 64 and the BC (GMK) King Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla (Showa) and Godzilla 2000 figures?
No problem :D

I don't have BC's Ghiddy or MG, but I have the Japanese versions which are roughly similar sizes.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

A request for the owners of Ultra-Act: could someone post Ultraman Jack with Ultraman Gaia's Quantum Stream accessory? I want to see if it's a good substitute for the Cinerama Shot.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Can anyone post pictures of the new G2K Bandai next to the BC version? Maybe compared to a few other MMS figures, too.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Someone post pictures of S.H. FiguArts Ultraman next to some MonsterArts.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.