Toy Photo Request Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Toy Photo Request Thread

Post by Kaijunator »

KingKaiju wrote:This is a weird request, but does anyone have Bandai's Death Ghidorah and Keizer Ghidorah figures? I just wanted to see how they scale when they're next to each other.
I've got Kaizer, but I still have got Desghidorah yet. I want him though. I'm waiting for BBTS to get one in for their Vintage Items thing, kinda like how I got Grand King Ghidorah. I think someone has to sell it to BBTS and then they list on their site.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

KingKaiju wrote:This is a weird request, but does anyone have Bandai's Death Ghidorah and Keizer Ghidorah figures? I just wanted to see how they scale when they're next to each other.

Hope this is adequate.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

I'm not a fan of the kaiser design at all. The death ghidorah is an example of how a quadruped Ghidorah is well done.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Eh, I like Keizer. There's kind of a 'royal' look to the black-gold color and stance that I like. Death Ghidorah definitely looks better, though.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

Mechagigan wrote:Eh, I like Keizer. There's kind of a 'royal' look to the black-gold color and stance that I like. Death Ghidorah definitely looks better, though.
Yeah the black and gold certainly has more connotations of royalty, or rather, imperial presence (since kaiser is the german word for Caeser, which is interchangeable with Emperor. And Emperor>>King).

The wings have an impotent nature to them though. They're like the wings of Pegasus tucked in when he's not flying, as opposed to the grand means of transporting such a huge creature.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

The wings are definitely one of the weaker parts of the design... like you said, there's no way they could make him fly. Maybe they could sort of lift him up a bit (which I think may have actually happened in FW), but even then that's a stretch.

The only other thing I don't like that much is the faces on the heads. They're kind of small and dog-like... they aren't terrible, but I like the more dragon-esque heads of Showa/Heisei Ghidorah.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
https://41.media.tumblr.com/92a8af40426 ... o1_540.jpg

Hope this is adequate.
Awesome!!! I had no idea that the Keizer Ghidorah figure was that much bigger than the Death Ghidorah. I really really want both of those figures, there's something about a four legged Ghidorah design that I find really cool.
Kaijunator wrote: I've got Kaizer, but I still have got Desghidorah yet. I want him though. I'm waiting for BBTS to get one in for their Vintage Items thing, kinda like how I got Grand King Ghidorah. I think someone has to sell it to BBTS and then they list on their site.
I need to get them both. I've been looking around on Ebay, and I've found a few Death Ghidorah's for under $100, but I'm not sure if I want it without the box. I saw one for about $150, with the box, in Tokyo, but it would've taken too much space out of my luggage =(.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I remember seeing the Kaizer Ghidorah in a store at China Town for a pretty cheap price (movie was only a year or two old at the time). Wish I had bought it.

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

Can anyone post a photo of Bandai Grand King Ghidorah next to either Godzilla Island Heisei Ghidorah or Movie Monster Ex GMK Ghidorah? I'm intending to get GKG, but don't know if I have space to put him in :D, so I wanna know how big he really is, compared to standard 6 inch ones.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Israha wrote:Can anyone post a photo of Bandai Grand King Ghidorah next to either Godzilla Island Heisei Ghidorah or Movie Monster Ex GMK Ghidorah? I'm intending to get GKG, but don't know if I have space to put him in :D, so I wanna know how big he really is, compared to standard 6 inch ones.
I've got the Godzilla Island MKG. Will that do? MKG is the Heisei KG except with a few new parts.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

Kaijunator wrote:
Israha wrote:Can anyone post a photo of Bandai Grand King Ghidorah next to either Godzilla Island Heisei Ghidorah or Movie Monster Ex GMK Ghidorah? I'm intending to get GKG, but don't know if I have space to put him in :D, so I wanna know how big he really is, compared to standard 6 inch ones.
I've got the Godzilla Island MKG. Will that do? MKG is the Heisei KG except with a few new parts.
Yes, that'll do. Thanks in advance.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Israha wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
Yes, that'll do. Thanks in advance.
GKG is huge. I had to zoom out that far to get his entire wingspan in the pic. The box of GKG says his height is 280mm, 460mm wingspan, and I think 360mm long.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I have an older picture I took but it should help. Its with the Bandai Japan Gigan and Ultra DX Tyrant however and not the MM Godzilla. Though, this image should fill you in on how big that specific Tyrant figure is. In other words, Grand is a massive beast that demands your shelf space.

Resized Image
I have a request! Can someone do a few side by side comparisons with the NECA G 54' and the Bandai 8" GMK Godzilla? I'd like one from all angles if you can manage. Oh and one top down view as well, please.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

SpaceG92 wrote: I have a request! Can someone do a few side by side comparisons with the NECA G 54' and the Bandai 8" GMK Godzilla? I'd like one from all angles if you can manage. Oh and one top down view as well, please.
Sorry about the semi-potato quality.

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

Kaijunator, SpaceG92, thanks to you both. Looks like my GKG money just became bigger shelf money :lol:

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Israha wrote:Kaijunator, SpaceG92, thanks to you both. Looks like my GKG money just became bigger shelf money :lol:
You're welcome.
@SpaceG92: If the KWC allowed Ginga (Is that Storium Ginga?) and Tyrant I would do that match: Ultraman Ginga vs Grand King Ghidorah, Gigan (Millenium), and Tyrant.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mechagigan wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: I have a request! Can someone do a few side by side comparisons with the NECA G 54' and the Bandai 8" GMK Godzilla? I'd like one from all angles if you can manage. Oh and one top down view as well, please.
Sorry about the semi-potato quality.
They are perfect actually. Darn, I thought the 8" might be pushing it in size, shoot. Thank you for the quick pictures!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Can someone post the Revoltech Gigan in its flying pose, and the Revoltech Rodan in a bunch of cool poses?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

I'd like to see a Bandai GMK Baragon, the Final Wars Anguirus and the 8 inch Godzilla 94 in a line up for size comparison

expandkong
G-Force Personnel

Post by expandkong »

Could I get a comparison picture of the xplus and gigabrain ghidorahs?
Resized Image