What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Preordered a Bandai MMS Millennium Hedorah

I usually wait till I at least see stock images of these things first but 1) Not up for preorder on places like HLJ 2) Only buying this one toy instead of bulk shipping so it's a little cheaper to buy from an American seller in this case 3) Showcase Daikaiju almost sold out, and 4) I have zero representation of this specific incarnation despite how much I like it so this'll be a first

EDIT: Lol, almost forgot I ordered a Bandai DX Terraphaser from Ultraman Decker
Last edited by {---HYPERZeTToN---} on Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Made my first purchase of 2023 following “Shin Ultraman” in theaters last night: the Ultra Action Figures of Landing Ultraman and Mefilas. I actually had the former on preorder and added the other after seeing the movie.

Going to hold off until the next couple of MMS stuff starts to be revealed/announced and I get an idea if I want to buy any. No more purchases until then.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

The S.H Monsterarts King Event Exclusive figure as a birthday purchase.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just ordered myself Deforeal Jet Jaguar. Only need Kong '21, and maybe G'21 if I decide I want him, to be caught up on the ones I want (minus SG and Dessy cause of how super pricy they are now) and can just keep up with the newer releases I decide to get (as of now, Gigan, Megalon, Titano and Monster X).

Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Miss Namikawa finally joined the collection today

Can't wait to get Haruo Nakajima. I wanna see if I can score a signed one. Wishful thinking maybe.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Aw that’s a great figure. M1, right?

I had the pleasure of meeting Nakajima-san twice (once at G-fest and once at Monsterpalooza). Got his autograph both times on photos but always wished I could’ve found and afforded that figure of him in time to get it signed.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yup. My first M1 surprisingly.

I never met Nakajima, unfortunately. Thankfully, I do have a photo signed by him (as well as one by Satsuma), but I really wish I could have gotten it signed myself.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I was lucky enough to meet Nakajima twice. Once way back on 1996 at the second G-Con, and again in 2015 at Monster Mania in NJ, where myself and several fans got to have dinner with him, Tsutomu Kitagawa and Bin Furuya. I've got two different books, a glossy photo and a Marmit 1968 Godzilla signed by him. By the time I got ahold of the M-1 Nakajima, he was already gone

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I was lucky enough to meet all 3 of them at Chiller Theater many years ago, Kitagawa, Nakajima and Satsuma. At the time even though I was a huge G fan for like 9 years at that point, I didn’t really register just how big a deal it was. A fantastic artist was also there, I can’t recall his name but I had each of them sign a specific poster from him which highlighted each incarnation on a black background. It always finds itself proudly behind my Godzilla vinyl army lol
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Ill admit its something I feel salty about. Like I was born too late to get the pleasure of meeting my heroes. When I was younger my parents couldn't take me to G Fest because of the 08 crash almost wiping them out, and for many years after they were in a tight spot. By the time I was old enough and making enough money to go on my own, Nakajima and Takarada were already dead. Its a devastating feeling.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I have seen Takarda and Nakajima in passing at G-Fest, and Satsuma I saw at a panel, but I have not actually met any of them, and the only reason I was lucky enough to see any of them is living in Chicago. I'd never have had the privilege to travel to attend. A part of me does wish I'd talked to Takarada though.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I met Takarada when he was at G-fest 2019. I’m sure I’ve told this story here before but he was so kind. I had my boys with me (their first and only G-fest so far since the next year was 2020…). They were very young, 4 and 6 years old.

Anyway, we were walking through a hallway and he is passing by on his way to something. I point him out, totally star struck. But he sees the kids and immediately stops and says hi. Of course he didn’t speak English and we didn’t speak Japanese, but he was so funny and sweet to the kids and you could tell he genuinely cared that they were having fun. And he spent time with us saying hi, posing for pictures and everything before heading on to whereever he was going. Then when he was making his entrance for his big panel he saw us in the audience and stopped specifically to say hi to my kids again. He was super super cool.

Last edited by canofhumdingers on Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

These are really sudden, and really cool.

CCP Gigan and Hedorah were being sold for rather cheaply (about 3500 USD) directly from the Godzilla store. These are full sized figures (12 CM), so I'm really excited. Hedorah is a bit plain, but hey it's just stylish enough that I really like it. Gigan's showa design with the GFW color scheme is neat. I like the red and blue together.

Unsurprisingly, Gigan is now sold out, and I expect that Hedorah will be unavaiable soon as well. There was actually a Godzilla 2000 that looked awesome, but regrettably it looks like it sold out. I hope they make more avaiable shortly.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CCP Gigan and Hedorah just arrived! I also got MMS Kiryu (2016) Shin Ultraman
Spoiler:
Zarab and Meflias
Here's all the figures:
Spoiler:
The CCP figures are awesome. A little smaller than expected (slightly smaller than the MMS figures), but I like them as medium size art toys. Another Hedorah, slightly more cartoony is great:
Showa Gigan with GFW is excellent, but unfortunately despite it being new and unopened, it seems some of the paint on the horns/hooks have worn off, or have been missed. It's still a lovely figure regardless.

Now regarding

I've realized its now time to get all the 2016ish MMS stuff I don't have already, as I figure in a year or two they'll become rare/hard to come by. It's stuff like Gigan which I already have older vinyls of and not the reissue. I have a big Kiryu, and there's newer versions with the shoulder pack, but I figure its now time to get.

Now to the Shin Ultraman stuff.
Spoiler:
MMS Meflias is amazing! It's tiny, but there's so much detail in texture and it truly stands out from the other aliens. I love it. It has really weird hands and such a skinny profile. The legs are skinny and it actually comes with a base to hold it up (a first!)

Zarab is great too! They made a unique decision where the figure is transparent save for the front. This gives the impression of "Imitation Ultraman".
Another nice haul.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Nevermind, my purchase was cancelled because of low credibility on the shop's end :/.
Last edited by SUPERTOHOREMIX on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Ordered a MMS 84Goji from Showcase Daikaiju 2 days ago. It arrived already. Crazy.

I hate how expensive these things have gotten, especially marking some of them as "exclusives", but I desperately needed some 1984 representation in my toy collection, it's in my top 3 designs

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Didn't actually buy it but found it at Books A Million and my sister bought it for me as a birthday present since she hasn't given anything to me yet.

https://images2.imgbox.com/fa/7d/aWB9Fgmb_o.jpg

MOD NOTE: Please do not post images of extraordinary size in image-heavy threads.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Dunno what this is but I bought it

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:35 pm Didn't actually buy it but found it at Books A Million and my sister bought it for me as a birthday present since she hasn't given anything to me yet.
Uh-oh. I'm trying to avoid the kaiju collecting game for the moment, but I think I need to make an exception for this. Man, I wish my closest BAM hadn't had to shut down....
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio