What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Legion1979 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:17 am Merry Christmas, and Happy Sol Invictus (Ave Satanas)
Using my Christmas money I went and made one last purchase. This time ACTUALLY the last purchase.
Lol you've said that how many times this week alone?
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ive been definitely stretching my budget VERY thin. This time I gotta put my foot down and stop. Got a trip coming up and need $$$
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:17 am
Petezilla wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:04 am Image
Hold on, I didnt even notice you had those Fantazzy? Hedorahs in the back. Thats what they are called right? Anyways, love those figures. Been trying to get one. Mind taking a picture that shows them in more detail, if you can.
Yes, the line is called 'Fantazzzy Toys'. They're sold via pre-order only via the japanese BANDAI Fashion web store, whyever that is. There are 4 different Hedorahs already released. I will take a group photo of them all for you and post it here when I'm back home tomorrow. There's also a Godzilla that got released literally like two days ago. And a Gigan is following in March.

I never was too fond of such stylised figures, but since these are from BANDAI and I'm (trying to be) a completionist of their Godzilla stuff, I figured I'd have to give these a shot and I actually happen to like them quite a lot.

They're quite pricey from scratch, though. The Hedorahs were slightly below 10k JPY each, Godzilla slightly above 10k and the Gigan even came at 14k JPY. Considering they're not much taller than your average MMS vinyl and made of a harder, yet seemingly thinner plastic, you don't get all that much bang for your buck with these, though. These are really more hardcore collector pieces if you ask me.
Last edited by Petezilla on Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Ohh wow, I didnt even realize that Godzilla was by them. I actually really liked how that figure looks, just wish it had slightly bigger dorsal plates. I might consider collecting this line. Im one of those people who hated stylized figures until one day it just suddenly became the only thing I wanted to buy.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:24 am Ive been definitely stretching my budget VERY thin. This time I gotta put my foot down and stop. Got a trip coming up and need $$$
Feeling you there. Travel is expensive :cry:

I’m planning to set a small budget for myself for 2023. I need both the money and space, and with several new movies coming in (Shin Kamen Rider, Godzilla ‘23) and a bunch of MMS stuff already announced, I’m gonna have to be strategic.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Nabbed a Chandler figure, one that was released after the latest episode of Decker

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:32 am Ohh wow, I didnt even realize that Godzilla was by them. I actually really liked how that figure looks, just wish it had slightly bigger dorsal plates. I might consider collecting this line. Im one of those people who hated stylized figures until one day it just suddenly became the only thing I wanted to buy.
As promised, here's the group shot of all Fantazzzy Toys Hedorahs out there so far:

Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Oh yeah those are really neat. Definitely want to pick some up.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:36 am Oh yeah those are really neat. Definitely want to pick some up.
You'll have some before 2023. Guarantee it. Lol

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Lmao, thats pretty much how it goes lately. But nope. Restraint. Gotta learn that, and now is the time.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Got this figure in the mail the other day, after preordering it from Godzilla Store months ago in September. It’s a lot more impressive in person although mine has gold highlights and not silver (I actually prefer that, but don’t know if the shop had both available and I ordered without knowing). The miniature Marugacha that came with mine was the final form Destoroyah, which was one of the two I was hoping to pull (this or the flying one). I can’t say I plan on picking up any more of these (size and price make it difficult), but if they do 350-scale Destoroyah models (especially flying form) I might be tempted.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Desperately hoping for a 350, or even better a 450 scale Destoroyah. Since right now it seems the only sizable Destoroyah on the stylized market is Marmit, and the after market for that thing is ridiculous.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Totally agree. A Marusan 450 “final” form and 350 flying form would be awesome to see. I’d really love it if they made Godzilla Junior as well; with the right base vinyl and paint job, that character could really pop. The Marugacha prove Marusan is more than capable of making stupendous larger-scale sculpts for the Heisei monsters.
Last edited by Creature22 on Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just ordered myself a Bandai MMS Godzilla '85 from Showcase Daikaiju. Guess they got more in stock.
https://showcasedaikaiju.com/shop/ols/p ... ter-series

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

I just got the standard version of the Marusan Desu-Goji and it is fierce!! I really hope we see more new sculpts by Marusan, including a SpaceGodzilla and Destroyah.

Also won an Apes “1963 King Kong” that I’m looking forward to getting!

As the wants in my list get smaller and smaller, I find it’s tough to snag up the few remaining things I’m searching for. Anybody else get that way too?
Last edited by subatomic_Matt on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I know I already mentioned this one here but holy hell am I absolutely in love.

Immediate top 10 for me. Its just a perfect figure. And this figure made me realize that 73 Gigan is my personal favorite design for the character.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

subatomic_Matt wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:35 am I just got the standard version of the Marusan Desu-Goji and it is fierce!! I really hope we see more new sculpts by Marusan, including a SpaceGodzilla and Destroyah.

As the wants in my list get smaller and smaller, I find it’s tough to snag up the few remaining things I’m searching for. Anybody else get that way too?
This is how it is for me. Most if not all of the older items on my want list have been acquired, while the few things that are left have either gotten incredibly difficult to obtain or have become too expensive.

I do hope Marusan continues with the Heisei sculpts. 350/450 versions of Ghidorah ‘91, Spacegodzilla, Destoroyah and Junior would be so cool. Their Godzilla ‘95 is one of their best sculpts in years in my opinion. Really captured the look of the suit.
Last edited by Creature22 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

Creature22 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:58 am
subatomic_Matt wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:35 am I just got the standard version of the Marusan Desu-Goji and it is fierce!! I really hope we see more new sculpts by Marusan, including a SpaceGodzilla and Destroyah.

This is how it is for me. Most if not all of the older items on my want list have been acquired, while the few things that are left have either gotten incredibly difficult to obtain or have become too expensive.

I do hope Marusan continues with the Heisei sculpts. 350/450 versions of Ghidorah ‘91, Spacegodzilla, Destoroyah and Junior would be so cool. Their Godzilla ‘95 is one of their best sculpts in years in my opinion. Really captured the look of the suit.
I hadn’t thought of it but a ‘91 Ghidorah would be wild!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

The Marusan 350/450 lines are definitely the ones Im most excited to follow going forward. Ive essentially completed my bandai collection, aside from I think 4 other figures I need. Ive got maybe a handful more YMSF figures I want. Its time for something new, and Marusan scratches that itch for me. I really hope they continue with more Heisei stuff, as well as more Showa stuff of course. I just really want Destoroyah and Spacegodzilla, and Ghidorah. Hell, Mothra and Battra Imago too would be nice. Ive got a Marmit Mothra in the meantime, but if they can do a nice Marusan Mothra I will sell that Marmit in a heartbeat.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

subatomic_Matt wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:03 pm I hadn’t thought of it but a ‘91 Ghidorah would be wild!
And they’ve got the rights I believe (anything he has done a Marugacha for I believe he is also able to do as 350/450). I’m really hoping for the Flying Destoroyah but think King Ghidorah holds a lot of potential as an impressive 450 figure. Imagine something like that with a glitter-injected vinyl or metallic spray.
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:22 pm The Marusan 350/450 lines are definitely the ones Im most excited to follow going forward. Ive essentially completed my bandai collection, aside from I think 4 other figures I need. Ive got maybe a handful more YMSF figures I want. Its time for something new, and Marusan scratches that itch for me. I really hope they continue with more Heisei stuff, as well as more Showa stuff of course. I just really want Destoroyah and Spacegodzilla, and Ghidorah. Hell, Mothra and Battra Imago too would be nice. Ive got a Marmit Mothra in the meantime, but if they can do a nice Marusan Mothra I will sell that Marmit in a heartbeat.
When I was told they got the rights to do Heisei in 2018 I was super excited. I collected many of their modern "Showa" releases in the 2000s and always wished they'd continue the line, so it's cool to think about what might come out next.

For a period I believe they were also planning more Showa stuff for the anniversary of "Destory All Monsters" (I think the idea was that every monster would be made), but I guess that didn't end up coming to fruition. I would have loved to see them do the '68 Manda, but I think in general it's difficult to do that many characters (especially new ones) in a short amount of time.
Last edited by Creature22 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.