What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Executive Hamster »

Aren't those called Spark Walkers? Or is that not an official term. In any case, I do know exactly what that bigger 94 figure is. Its actually part of a line Im going to be collecting soon that features 94, SpaceGodzilla, Destoroyah, and a recolored 94 as burning godzilla.

Couldn't find a high quality photo of the front. But its this one right? Thats what it looks like from here. Apparently Power Walk is what the line was called.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I believe it was a general DX line. Each toy had its own name. I think the Space Godzilla was called "Spark Walk Space Godzilla" for example. Although they didn't all walk on their own, a 10" electronic Mechagodzilla and a transforming Mogera were also part of this line.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:44 am
JVM wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:28 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:10 pm A quadrapedal Showa Baragon, heavily influenced by the Pagos figure, would dissapoint me. I have the old Baragon Bandai (see above) and I love how it looks with it's grimace and head poking out. I guess I stand to benefit from a quadrapedal stance, for variety, but it would still bother me.
That's a valid point. If they rescale the original Bandai figure, that would be fine with me as well, but with the new Varan being a quadraped I was wondering if that was a sign they would do the same to Baragon... although it's definitely true Baragon spent much more of his limited screentime on two legs than Varan.
Go back and watch Frankenstein Conquers the World. Baragon spends most of the film on four legs. He only gets up on two legs when he's fighting Frankenstein but crawling is his primary way of getting around. You never see him actually walking any distance on two legs, unlike Varan.
I remembered Baragon correctly, since I was thinking of the fight sequence; the point of confusion is I thought Varan only got up on his hind legs for a few seconds before flying, which is still less than that fight sequence. I have only seen Varan's debut film once since it took me so long to find the DVD.

Still, I said 'definitely true' so you were not wrong to correct me, just clarifying my point of mistake.
Last edited by JVM on Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

When Varan first exits the lake he walks for little bit on his hind legs. He doesn't drop down on four legs until he enters the village.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Finally snagged these two after so long

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:31 pm Finally snagged these two after so long
Nice. honestly, the ride Godzilla figure is one of the nicest I've seen in a while.

Btw, thanks for the feedback for all those figures I bought the other day. I'm going through the process of cleaning them, and despite their age they'll really beautiful. I'll post more when I have them all together.

Anyways, I just purchases Eva Unit 02, Varan, and some other Iwakura stuff on Mandarake. With all the stuff I've bought recently I'm due for a "post your collection" sometime.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Mezco Godzilla vs. Hedorah set

Deforeal Godzilla 2000 (GXM)

I really wanted the RIC GXM deforeal with the Meganura, but alas. Not willing to spend that much extra for it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Box day from Mandarake! It's been a while since I ordered from this store.

I finally get to scratch a couple of special items off my want list. I've been meaning to get myself a decent Gomess figure for a while now since having watched Ultra Q in its entirety, but I never did care for the 500 version. It's also nice to just have another proper 6" Ultra monster again.

But that's nothing compared to my excitement for THIS:

It's my first Marmit Parababy! WOOHOO!!
I've wanted to get into this line ever since I learned of it, but the line was basically retired already by that time, and the aftermarket prices I was seeing were a no-go. I stumbled across this fellow for what looked like the best price I was probably ever going to see, so I nabbed the opportunity.

I ultimately still paid more for these two than I wanted - even with the exchange rate, Mandarake's shipping fees are pretty high - but I'm very pleased to have them all the same. I'm going to give them some love and attention and a bit of clean-up once I've got the time.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

That Rodan is absolutely beautiful. Great colors, it's slightly expressionist yet recognizeable. Damn, that's nice.^
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

My order from the Godzilla Store arrived yesterday, much to my excitement! Varan is big and beautiful, even if underpainted. The new Hedorah sculpt is pretty spiffy as well. I also finally pulled the trigger on several of those SFX books, so I'm looking forward to reading through those in detail (yes, I know they're mainly "picture" books).

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SHMA Monster X just shipped from BBTS, so that's exciting. But the real, unexpected star of the month is I found a decently priced Mondo Godzilla 1985 Imperial version that also had a best offer option. Haggled back and forth a few times, but I'm glad to get one without being completely scalped. I still HATE getting one in this way, but damn do I love the sculpt and Imperial colors.

This will be my third (second?) Mondo figure, with a Glow in the Dark Jet Jaguar already on display and a Biollante on pre-order.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:12 pm SHMA Monster X just shipped from BBTS, so that's exciting. But the real, unexpected star of the month is I found a decently priced Mondo Godzilla 1985 Imperial version that also had a best offer option. Haggled back and forth a few times, but I'm glad to get one without being completely scalped. I still HATE getting one in this way, but damn do I love the sculpt and Imperial colors.

Mind if I ask how much you got it for?
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

G1985 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:40 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:12 pm SHMA Monster X just shipped from BBTS, so that's exciting. But the real, unexpected star of the month is I found a decently priced Mondo Godzilla 1985 Imperial version that also had a best offer option. Haggled back and forth a few times, but I'm glad to get one without being completely scalped. I still HATE getting one in this way, but damn do I love the sculpt and Imperial colors.

Mind if I ask how much you got it for?
After shipping and tax, it came to $150. He originally wanted $150 just for the figure itself, which was just out of the question for me. It'd be almost $180 at that point after everything. As I said, still not very happy with being scalped, but it's been floating around for a good while and figured this was my only real option. Was one of the few I ever saw that was less than $200 before anything.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

This weeks haul

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I just pulled the trigger and bought both the blue and black Fantazzzy Toys Hedorahs, so that I now own all 4 variants. I was never interested in all those stylisation brands since clear deformed pink glittery cherry blossom Godzillas just never appealed to me all that much. But since I'm collecting everything made by BANDAI, I just had to get the regular and pink colored ones they originally made and I actually happened to like them a lot more than I thought I would. Can't wait for Godzilla and Gigan ~
Last edited by Petezilla on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Box day

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Good times! What Shin is that? Looks awesome with the gunmetal color. It’s giving me inspiration for an idea to repaint my regular mms shin…

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Its the evangelion version. I think it was only sold at Universal Studios Japan, but I could be wrong there. It went alongside a Shin Ghidorah figure to promote the ride. It was always my favorite out of the endless shin repaints so Im glad to finally have it. PLUS Im getting Shin Ghidorah next week so thats awesome. Wanted that one forever.