DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

James Gunn is officially co-chair of DC's newly branded entertainment division, DC Studios. Let the bitching commence.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

darthzilla99 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:49 pm I'm surprised no one has talked about this on here, but Henry Cavil is confirmed to be returning for a Man of Steel sequel because of the Rock convincing the New WB management. Also the Rock wants to eventually do a Superman vs. Black Adam if possible.
Is this really official? Shame. I really would rather they just recast at this point, Cavill's never really inspired me as Superman and I don't care about giving him another chance. Plus as a Superman fan the thought of a Rock vanity project where Black Adam is proven stronger than Supes and beats him up isn't really appealing.

Luckily the Superman & Lois show has been more than excellent and I am really looking forward to My Adventures With Superman cartoon. That looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Added in 3 minutes 26 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 pm James Gunn is officially co-chair of DC's newly branded entertainment division, DC Studios. Let the bitching commence.
What bitching? This could be pretty good news. I thought The Suicide Squad was alright enough if nothing particularly special, but the Peacemaker series was one of the best things I've seen in recent years easy. If this means that we might be in store for more like that I'll take it as a win.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Opposite, if DCEU going forward is just a whole lot more of Aquaman and Flash standing around cracking jokes surrounded by human corpses, this won’t be the DC universe I’m interested in.

Long as he doesn’t touch the Joker or The Batman franchises.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Double toasted did a great video about Cavil Superman. I like him and even I agreed he's as much Superman as Iron Man Jr was Spiderman at this point lol.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Vakanai wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:55 am
darthzilla99 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:49 pm I'm surprised no one has talked about this on here, but Henry Cavil is confirmed to be returning for a Man of Steel sequel because of the Rock convincing the New WB management. Also the Rock wants to eventually do a Superman vs. Black Adam if possible.
Is this really official? Shame. I really would rather they just recast at this point, Cavill's never really inspired me as Superman and I don't care about giving him another chance. Plus as a Superman fan the thought of a Rock vanity project where Black Adam is proven stronger than Supes and beats him up isn't really appealing.

Luckily the Superman & Lois show has been more than excellent and I am really looking forward to My Adventures With Superman cartoon. That looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Added in 3 minutes 26 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 pm James Gunn is officially co-chair of DC's newly branded entertainment division, DC Studios. Let the bitching commence.
What bitching? This could be pretty good news. I thought The Suicide Squad was alright enough if nothing particularly special, but the Peacemaker series was one of the best things I've seen in recent years easy. If this means that we might be in store for more like that I'll take it as a win.
Wasn't referring to anyone here. DC Twitter seems to hate anything not Snyderverse.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I’ve always liked Cavill as Supes and while I’ve enjoyed the Snyderverse, felt he never really got his chance to truly shine in the role. That being said, at this point I’d be totally fine just moving forward with a fresh start.

However, if he’s coming back I’m ok with that too. My one hope is we get a conclusion to ZSJL. I don’t need a multi film arc. But one sequel that ties up the loose ends of the “Knightmare” stuff dealing with the potential of Supes going bad, brings Darkseid to earth, and ends with an epic battle of the trinity defeating him would be really great.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I saw Black Adam with some friends. Black Adam is definitely a movie that exists. The theme is hype though.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I watched Black Adam last Saturday night. I think it's the best DCEU film since Shazam! and the mid-credits scene made me very happy.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Not film news but RIP to the great Kevin Conroy.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:55 am Not film news but RIP to the great Kevin Conroy.
Aw man. Too soon. Way too soon.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Damn, we lost a legend. Rest in peace, Kevin.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I just began rewatching the Animated series recently, man I can't believe Conroy is gone. I saw the news this morning and it took me a long moment to process. It's going to be sad replaying the Arkham games, but as the definitive Batman, his work will always be with us.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Take it with a grain of salt, but there's big news for the DC universe going forward: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235276804/

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

DC is a shit show right now and none of what’s been reported today sounds like a smart plan.

- coming from someone who’s defended and enjoyed the DCEU since the beginning.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Wonder Woman 3 is gone,
Jason Mamoa is out as Aquaman
Ben Affelck is out at Batman again and his Aquaman cameo is cut
Henry Cavil's Man of Steel 2 is off the table.

All this from the Hollywood reported apparently.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

At this point I don’t even need a DC universe lol. My introduction to the DCU was Batman, all of that early 2000s/90s- Batman content.

Like I said a while back, as long as Gunn leaves The Batman and The Joker franchises alone, I couldn’t give a rats ass what he does with the supernatural, superpowered, cosmic, reincarnating guys with bird wings, ancient evil Egyptian magicians, child wizards, Fish guys, whatever else.

It was cool to learn about these characters we only vaguely saw in the early animated shows, with a sense of awe, respect and an epicness to them, knowing there was an epic conclusion involving an actual apocalypse on Earth in the future. But if Gunn would rather go down the pastry of the week route, and start anew, then we already know there’s a fanbase for it.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Bittersweet news coming from Gunn. The slate for the new DC universe is ready, but Henry Cavill ain't part of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/c ... ll_not_be/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

As long as we can continue getting Gunn’s glorious nepotism hires, a universe filled with the humor of a 9 year old who’s just found his dads naughty mags, who cares how our classic heroes are treated!

Cavill didn’t want this, that much reads clear as day from his Instagram post. Everyone can hate on Snyder all they want, but that man respected and honored the cast he worked with. They *were* his story, he couldn’t do it without them and he knew it. Which is why he threatened quitting on numerous occasions when he felt his actors were not being treated ideally.

This is terrible news and if my previous posts were anything to go by, just more nails in the coffin from this notoriously snarky Twitter Director.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

As I’ve said, while I quite enjoyed the Snyderverse (especially the casting choices for the trinity) I’m fine with them letting it go and starting fresh. But the more I think about James Gunn being a driving force behind the new direction, the less I like it. JNavs summed it up well with the bit about “humor of a 9 year old who just found dirty magazines”. It worked for GotG (though it had already started wearing out it’s welcome even by GotG2) but his style just doesn’t feel right for the main DC heroes. I hope my misgivings are for naught, but based on his previous work I just don’t see Gunn delivering a DC film franchise that delivers the things I’m looking for. I suppose time will tell.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I like how James Gunn announces this after he threw a diss at Den of Nerds for saying he didnt like Cavil last weekend.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image