Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Chrispy_G »

FFS it is The X-Men NOT The Mutants

I am sure everyone will bring up the story of "oh but Stan Lee originally wanted to call it The Mutants and they made him change it to X-Men so this is being more faithful to Lee's vision"

That's nonsense. They have always officially been the X-Men and have existed that way for decades. Changing it will do them no favors.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

It's definitely gonna stay as the X-Men. I see no reason to change it, especially for the sake of marketing to casual audiences.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

They're calling it "The Mutants" because it's probably not gonna be just about the X-Men and the X-Men themselves probably aren't going to be formed from the start. This is the MCU, remember. There's no studio mandate now to throw every character's origin into one two-hour long movie. If you don't think they're gonna market the characters under the "X-Men" banner eventually, you're an idiot.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:53 pm They're calling it "The Mutants" because it's probably not gonna be just about the X-Men and the X-Men themselves probably aren't going to be formed from the start. This is the MCU, remember. There's no studio mandate now to throw every character's origin into one two-hour long movie. If you don't think they're gonna market the characters under the "X-Men" banner eventually, you're an idiot.
It's also possible the X-Men operated from the shadows, instead of the spotlight, depending on how they adapt them. They could already be formed for some time and operating, with flashbacks to their formation.
It really depends how they wanna do this. Calling them "the Mutants" is definitely gonna be janky to get used to, should they take that route. Guess we will found out sooner rather than later, though.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

CyberZilla wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:53 pm They're calling it "The Mutants" because it's probably not gonna be just about the X-Men and the X-Men themselves probably aren't going to be formed from the start. This is the MCU, remember. There's no studio mandate now to throw every character's origin into one two-hour long movie. If you don't think they're gonna market the characters under the "X-Men" banner eventually, you're an idiot.
It's also possible the X-Men operated from the shadows, instead of the spotlight, depending on how they adapt them. They could already be formed for some time and operating, with flashbacks to their formation.
It really depends how they wanna do this. Calling them "the Mutants" is definitely gonna be janky to get used to, should they take that route. Guess we will found out sooner rather than later, though.
I think it might also be an indication of wanting to include "Nuhumans" from the comics as mutants in the MCU, especially after the Ms. Marvel finale. Quake from Agents of Shield is also rumored to be coming back too so I think the idea is not to focus solely on characters that make up the X-Men but all mutant characters as well.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I just need them to bring back Fassbender Magneto. That role was made for Michael, I don’t care what kinda multiversal timeline shifting nonsense they’ve gotta do to get him back, I really don’t want to see an elderly guy play Magneto.

Many will probably disagree, but we’re talking a long run of mutants in this universe here. Play the cards wrong and we only get a good movie or two with the man of magnetism at his best.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I hope Magneto is more like Loki, in that he is recurring and gets spotlights in more than one film. Even if he's only a true antagonist in one or two films, he's so important to X-Men lore that it feels necessary to keep him in the loop for a long time.

Resized Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Wow, Avengers The Kang Dynasty… Avengers Secret Wars…. Fantastic Four…. Daredevil Born Again…. Blade… Thunderbolts…

Marvel knows what comic fans want. Every time I try to leave they pull me back in

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I'm honestly starting to wonder whether the GA is getting tired of Marvel if the 67% drop of Thor: Love and Thunder is anything to go by.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:42 pm I'm honestly starting to wonder whether the GA is getting tired of Marvel if the 67% drop of Thor: Love and Thunder is anything to go by.
Almost all the Marvel films drop like that.

Added in 53 seconds:
This guy I know went on a tirade about how the Marvel comic con reveals and phase 4-6 suck. I'm in my head like you really didn't see anything good?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly I'm pretty hyped for what we're getting.. same time, though, kinda upset that we didn't get anything on the X-Men, but I'm just saying that because I'm a Wolverine shill. :lol:

Beyond them, the only MCU characters I'm really begging to get in now are Ghost Rider, Galactus, Silver Surfer, and maybe one of the Marvel Superman characters (Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Gladiator, Wonder Man etc)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Daredevil seems confirmed for She Hulk. Also with Secret Wars confirmed could we be getting MCU black suit Spider-Man after all?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:45 pm Honestly I'm pretty hyped for what we're getting.. same time, though, kinda upset that we didn't get anything on the X-Men, but I'm just saying that because I'm a Wolverine shill. :lol:

Beyond them, the only MCU characters I'm really begging to get in now are Ghost Rider, Galactus, Silver Surfer, and maybe one of the Marvel Superman characters (Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Gladiator, Wonder Man etc)
Ryan Gosling has recently made a comment that he’d love to join the MCU as Ghost Rider, and today Kevin Feige said he’d love to give him the role..

If the reports are true about trademarks, Disney recently trademarked the Midnight Sons name along with various films that were announced today. So we definitely might be seeing GR soon (relatively).

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I’m very excited for F4, excited that GOTG3 is right around the corner— just really excited about the MCU future. Hopefully, they can manage this enormous slate for the next few years, it’s ambitious. My previous concerns still ring true, it’s a lot of content to cram into just a few years.

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:45 pm Honestly I'm pretty hyped for what we're getting.. same time, though, kinda upset that we didn't get anything on the X-Men, but I'm just saying that because I'm a Wolverine shill. :lol:

D23 is in September, I expect X-men then.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I like how Daredevil has major roles in two different series before his own. Still no Savage Lands based film/series though.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Phase 5 is a mixed bag. I'm excited for most of the movies, with The Marvels and Thunderbolts being question marks. The shows are a bunch of meh for me, minus Secret Wars, of course. Was anyone, anywhere, really asking for an Agatha Harkness series?

Phase Six is going to be the big one. It can't recapture Infinity War levels of hype, but it's going to try.

I'm predicting that the MCU X-Men will focus on doing everything Fox didn't. We'll get Rogue stealing Captain Marvel's powers, traditional Sentinels, the Morlocks, the Shi'ar, the Savage Land, the Astral Plain. All that wackier stuff. That obviously fits the MCU style, and keeps this series from being too much of a retread.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

This line up made me excited for Marvel again. See DC this is how you do it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Kang and MODOK are officially the villains of Ant-Man 3. Seems MODOK will probably be the "benefactor" mentioned in the previous film. Just a guess but it makes sense.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Character wise, I imagine we might see Beast sidelined in favor of making Shadowcat or Forge the team techspert. Beast's already had a decent amount of spotlight, and he's a nonessential (formerly) white guy on a team that has a lot of essential white guys (Wolverine, Cyclops, Xavier, Magneto, and a bunch of other possibilities), so Disney (not unreasonably) will likely take the opportunity to replace him with a female/minority character. And if it is Shadowcat, we might get Lockheed out of the deal, which would be cool.

For the same reason, it's possible that Psylocke will replace Jean Grey this time. We've had the Phoenix Saga twice in film now, plus the whole love triangle deal, so I don't know if Disney will want to rehash that stuff. Psylocke opens new story doors, and has a more visually flashy power set.

Jubilee is almost certainly a lock. She checks off two representation boxes, is well known from X:TaS, has a very flashy power and costume, and was almost completely passed over by Fox. She's a no-brainer.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio