Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I've notice that some people have created idea threads that only serve the purpose on what the author asks for people on what they want them to do. I tend to think of these threads as a waste and clutter up the section so I have decide to put this all in one thread and sticky it. However this will not be restricted to ideas for stories that people may want others' opinions but advice for stories they are working on and suggestions for the section in general.

Suggestions for the section? What I mean by that is similar to what Ernesth proposed with the Box Office with if someone has an idea for the section they may post their idea and gather input from others on if they like it or not. Therefore no one would be putting clutter the whole section even though some people might detest to this thread getting clutter but I think people would rather see one thread cluttered than the whole section. So let me go over some quick ground rules on how this all works out.

Rules

1. You have an idea or need advice than take it here, don't create it on a separate topic unless you are actually making a discussion board for it and actually plan to make a story out of it and not a thread just for ideas and won't even bother going back to. If not than it would be a waste of space that will indeed be either locked or deleted.
2. As above please suggest things (example Box Office) and flesh your suggestions out before you create a thread for it. Gain others' inputs on it before you post it and it turns out to be a bad idea.
3. If there is much talk on your suggestion then you may call a poll for voting, however each voting session lasts a week and another cannot be called upon until that voting period has run it's course.
4. If your suggestion passes the voting session than whoever suggested it has the honors of posting the thread of it.

If you have any concerns, questions or wish to discuss it than please don't hesitate to tell me.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by ernesth100 »

Here are a list of ideas I have that I may never use so feel free to take 'em.

1.An Attack on Kaiju series basically attack on Titan but with Godzilla kaiju. And the mean character is a kid named Jonas Jaguar who can turn into a Kaiju called Jet Jaguar.
2. Also an idea were a kaiju comes to arth and it turns out some of our most famous monuments are defense mechanism. I.E. Statue of Liberties a robot. Eiffel Towers a Sword. Great Pyramids a ship and they use it to defend from the Kaiju onslaught.

Non Kaiju Ideas
1. A story a bout a gun that causes problems everywhere it goes. I.e. first a man uses the gun to kill someone throws it in the ocean kids find it and scare a bully. Throw it in the trash man finds it and robs a bank and becomes rich. Turns gun into cops for more money. So on so forth. The idea was to have each episode be about how the gun affected each person it came across.

2. Also a series called Amnesia were a man and his friends discover an artifact that gives everyone on Earth Amnesia thus they have to go around and find way to reverse it.

All these idea's are for the taking.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Alright so for three or two years now a idea has been floating around my head, the idea comes and goes but I think I might actually do this.

So the idea is a retelling of the Heisei series after Biollante, so pretty much Return and Biollante happened but after that everything is different now I'm not sure any many more entries it will have I'm thinking at least six. I won't be abandoning War For Earth Or Misaki but the three of these will be my main focus for a while then another will become my focus. Anyway so while the Post-Biollante entries will be different then what we go the final one will instead be a retelling of Destroyah but apart from that except for the chances of Mechagodzilla, Rodan, Baby Godzilla, Mothra and Battra reappearing, Mechagodzilla is the more likely one although If I do bring in Mothra I might actually only give Mothra few mentions and Battra would get the spot light, anyway don't except Time travellers fucking up the timeline.

The series will be connected and will do something that the Heisei series should of done and that is have a recurring cast of characters.

The cast in the first story will be something like this.

Sho Kuroki- Kuroki is a character that I quite like and think should of been used more. His role will be like in Biollante as an young up Colonel who will be struggling to deal with his responsibilities that he has in the Anti Godzilla "Battle" as well as his feelings about a certain Psychic.

Commander Aso - Kuroki's Superior and the man who hand picked him to be Colonel, while he is a stern commander he considers Kuroki to be a son to him and cares about his well being.

Lt Goro Gondo - The one change to Return and Biollante in my series is that Gondo survived. He will play the same role he played in Biollante.

Dr Inamura - Dr Inamura was a character from the lost project that would of been the Return of Godzilla starring Bagan. Inamura will be the main scientist of the anti Godzilla force in my revisited Heisei Series.

Professor Chinatsu Gondo - Goro Gondo's younger sister who will serve as Dr Inamura's Assistant.

Miki Saegusa - A young girl with Psychic powers who for her attempt at stopping Godzilla has been given a place in the Anti Godzilla Force.

The first story's main monster will be the titans who some of you may know were apart the first draft for Terror Of Mechagodzilla and they were two sea creatures who were to combine together to become Titanosaurus. In this story their fossils will found by the returning Bio-Major, They will be revived by a machine built by Bio-Major who will also attempt to control them in order to bring Japan to their needs and give them all G-Cells they have however the mind control machine goes hay wire the titans escape. Pursued by both Bio-Major and the JSDF the titans will eventually converge on Tokyo where Godzilla has also detected to be heading. The titans are eventually confronted by Godzilla but only for being on his turf. Godzilla has strength on his side but the titans use the numbers advantage however Godzilla gains the upper hand and kills the titans but the bodies are recovered by Bio Major. That's all I have now but I wish to know what you guys think.
Last edited by Biogoji on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Sound very nice.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Thank you. I help that people enjoy what happens. I am open to any ideas since for the other entries of this retelling seeing that I don't have much ideas for them other then the first one and the Destroyah retelling.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

So, it does do advice, too, right? If so, then I might as well go ahead.

Any ideas for future episodes of Godzilla: The Animated Series?
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19209
Because since I've unleashed so many episodes, I've kind of been suffering from writer's block lately. So, if you have any ideas for episodes, I'd be glad to hear them.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

For those who have read my story may know this but for those who haven't: After Wonder Woman kills Maxwell Lord to save Superman; he and Batman want nothing to do with her. Kaiju calls them out for abandoning her and quits the Justice League in disgust and joins her on Themyscria to help deal with this incident and leads up to them entering into a relationship.

Have any of you wondered the whole story?

Well, I was thinking about writing a short story, like a "Tales of The Kaiju" kind of thing for this incident. I already have the outline made out; I just need to flesh it out some more.

What's your opinion on it?
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Tim85 wrote:For those who have read my story may know this but for those who haven't: After Wonder Woman kills Maxwell Lord to save Superman; he and Batman want nothing to do with her. Kaiju calls them out for abandoning her and quits the Justice League in disgust and joins her on Themyscria to help deal with this incident and leads up to them entering into a relationship.

Well, I was thinking about writing a short story, like a "Tales of The Kaiju" kind of thing for this incident. I already have the outline made out; I just need to flesh it out some more.

Personally loving the trilogy you made, this sounds amazing and I would love for you to make it and for you to writing back on here again, bro. Plus, we would be getting another piece of the story in and with awesome characters of course. :)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

gzilla46 wrote:So, it does do advice, too, right? If so, then I might as well go ahead.

Any ideas for future episodes of Godzilla: The Animated Series?
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19209
Because since I've unleashed so many episodes, I've kind of been suffering from writer's block lately. So, if you have any ideas for episodes, I'd be glad to hear them.
How about a episode with Gezora, Ganimes and Kamoebas?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

GodzillavsJason wrote:
Tim85 wrote:For those who have read my story may know this but for those who haven't: After Wonder Woman kills Maxwell Lord to save Superman; he and Batman want nothing to do with her. Kaiju calls them out for abandoning her and quits the Justice League in disgust and joins her on Themyscria to help deal with this incident and leads up to them entering into a relationship.

Personally loving the trilogy you made, this sounds amazing and I would love for you to make it and for you to writing back on here again, bro. Plus, we would be getting another piece of the story in and with awesome characters of course. :)
Awesome! I've thought about some other interactions that got glossed over but they would be VERY ADULT: like their first night together from WOTK and Diana "welcoming back" Tim and have it told by first person from Tim's perspective.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Just wanted to throw an idea out there for a story I probably won't be working on for a while but I thought I may as well try to get some feed back.\

Ultraseven The Age Of the monsters

So Ultraseven was the second Ultraman series however it was a bit different due to the fact that nearly all the enemies were aliens. Now why I do like the aliens that the Ultra series has given us and I haven't seen Ultraseven yet on paper the idea doesn't sound that good.

So this story would be a re-write of the series replacing some of the foes with existing ultra monsters as well as ones created by yours truly while still keeping some of the old foes from Seven like Eleking, Guts, King Joe, Pandon etc.

So from what I have given you what do you guys think?
Last edited by Biogoji on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Biogoji wrote:Just wanted to throw an idea out there for a story I probably won't be working on for a while but I thought I may as well try to get some feed back.\

So Ultraseven was the second Ultraman series however it was a bit different due to the fact that nearly all the enemies were aliens. Now why I do like the aliens that the Ultra series has given us and I haven't seen Ultraseven yet on paper the idea doesn't sound that good.

So this story would be a re-write of the series replacing some of the foes with existing ultra monsters as well as ones crated by yours truly while still keeping some of the old foes from Seven like Eleking, Guts, King Joe, Pandon etc.

I sort of like it. Also, created not crated
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

ah gotcha

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

How do I make it so only I can post in my topic?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

^ I have an idea! Put that in the title (No posting here)
TK's resident Taurean

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Biogoji wrote:Just wanted to throw an idea out there for a story I probably won't be working on for a while but I thought I may as well try to get some feed back.\

So this story would be a re-write of the series replacing some of the foes with existing ultra monsters as well as ones created by yours truly while still keeping some of the old foes from Seven like Eleking, Guts, King Joe, Pandon etc.

Eh, I don't think that would be original enough. Go for it if you really want to, though.
Birdman wrote:How do I make it so only I can post in my topic?
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=15689

three
Keizer

Post by three »

it doesn't sound bad, but i am lost as to how you would intend to make it work. go for it, and see if it floats.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

We should all do one huge fanfiction collab, where each person posts one sentence and continues the story. And we vote on the genre before the story starts. We keep going until its big enough to be considered a book then mash it all together and read it. We can do this annually and call it the annual collab!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla 1995 wrote:I suggest a Quality Control method. Stories have to be moderated and approved before they're published and premiered.

Trust me, the section needs it.
Care to enlighten us more on this idea? Such as will it apply to everyone even to ones who have a higher skill in writing or people who are first joining this section and who are still in the rookie field?

Also, who has a say in accepting which stories get to be allowed in here because if you're thinking of just having one person do it then it would be unfair.
52 wins and 27 loses

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:I suggest a Quality Control method. Stories have to be moderated and approved before they're published and premiered.

Trust me, the section needs it.
i had the same idea earlier today, around 1 - 2 PM, but decided against it because right now i think precedence goes to getting more people to write. quality control inhibits or intimidates. bat around the ideas if you'd like, though. i'm interested to hear how you'd do this.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.