Godzilla: The Animated Series

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

What are your thoughts?

LOVE IT
36%
Like it
42%
Neutral
11%
Dislike it
5%
ARRRGHH SKREEENK GINO
6%

Total votes: 194

The One and Only
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: The Animated Series

Post by The One and Only »

A print by Goji fan, and artist extraordinaire, Matt Frank, For G-FEST 2018 , to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of GODZILLA:The Animated Series.
And from his Neo=Godzilla collection. The upgraded Cyber-Godzlla.
Last edited by The One and Only on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

I think it is great. I only wish the movie would have been like this.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

So I rewatched the series recently, and I was surprised to find out that Linda Blair (yes, THAT Linda Blair) was the voice of Alexandra Springer, the leader of SCALE.

I'm shocked I didn't know that before, but its kind of neat that the actress from one of my favorite horror movies has a connection to my all time favorite movie monster!
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

The One and Only wrote:A print by Goji fan, and artist extraordinaire, Matt Frank, For G-FEST 2018 , to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of GODZILLA:The Animated Series.
And from his Neo=Godzilla collection. The upgraded Cyber-Godzlla.
I like it! I like it a lot!

Now I'd like to see what Matt can do with the other monster enemies from the series (that Cyber-Godzilla's fantastic!).
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

mikelcho wrote:
The One and Only wrote:A print by Goji fan, and artist extraordinaire, Matt Frank, For G-FEST 2018 , to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of GODZILLA:The Animated Series.

Now I'd like to see what Matt can do with the other monster enemies from the series (that Cyber-Godzilla's fantastic!).
Godzilla Neo is your friend then.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Can i just pop in and say King Cobra is best animated monster?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

Godzilla Neo is your friend then.

Excellent! I wonder what either one of these two could do with the Giant Bat (I loved that one!).

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Gigantis wrote:Can i just pop in and say King Cobra is best animated monster?
That is a fair assessment.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I honestly thought C-Rex was the best monster from the series. It felt like a truly original monster, not just a bigger version of some animal. I could see it working well and being something I'd want to see in suit form.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I honestly thought C-Rex was the best monster from the series. It felt like a truly original monster, not just a bigger version of some animal. I could see it working well and being something I'd want to see in suit form.
Agreed with all of this. C-Rex is pretty easily the standout monster design of the series, and I would also love to see it return someday. Given the association with GINO, though, I imagine Varan will star in his own film trilogy before we see poor C-Rex again.

And of the Neo designs above, I love El Gusano but am not a fan of the other two.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If only they could make an animated tie-in for the Monsterverse.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

LegendZilla wrote:If only they could make an animated tie-in for the Monsterverse.
t
The puppy might end up looking like this.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Nice artwork.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Eh I think The Crackler is the best original design in the series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Eh I think The Crackler is the best original design in the series.
Crackler was cool, but in terms of originallity.. it had a good couple running for it's money.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Eh it's ok for being based off of GINO. The plots, characters, and even the kaiju are very uninspired and dull, but it has the spirit of the Showa series.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

True. As for the kaiju of the series, I think they were going for more natural creatures than outlandish. However, they still created some memorable kaiju, and some of the underrated ones, like the Ice Borers, I did like.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I've been meaning to watch this again. I remember not being allowed to watch the series when it aired as a kid for some reason.
Anyways, probably my favorite 90s cartoon.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I recall watching some episodes on and off at a military base cafeteria I liked to spend time in reading while my dad did paperwork. Often one or the TVs would be on Fox Kids or similar channels at that time of day so I'd see it alongside Digimon. later got one of the two Gameboy games and Monster Wars DVD.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Finally decided to fuck around and pop this back in.
Good show, but Ian Ziering's voice throws me off. It's like one of those voice synthesizer programs... Every time he yells "B A C K A W A Y" or "N O O O O" it sounds fuckin identical. It's still crazy how much the team behind the show made '98, which we all know iSnT gOdZiLlA bEcUz hE rUnS aNd SkInNy *feel* like Godzilla.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.