K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Is there a limit to the number of Kamacuras I can have in a single match?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:31 am Is there a limit to the number of Kamacuras I can have in a single match?
No. We’ve had “Thousands of Gyaos able to blot out the sun” before in several matches so horde monsters shouldn’t have a limit, except just be somewhat logical about it.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

What is the rule on Ultima using some of the abilities of his previous forms? Like for example, while something like the incendiary breath or atomic ring probably can't be used by him, would it be okay for him to use the blood tentacles or create explosive Red Dust?
Guy who does stuff, also a KWC/KWCE writer! :D

I go by he/him

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:28 am What is the rule on Ultima using some of the abilities of his previous forms? Like for example, while something like the incendiary breath or atomic ring probably can't be used by him, would it be okay for him to use the blood tentacles or create explosive Red Dust?
Blood Tentacles are fine. Just assume if it’s not an ability that evolved into a stronger form, like in the case of the incendiary breath to atomic ray, he can use it.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Is there any source that says how old Mei Kamino is?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:26 pm Is there any source that says how old Mei Kamino is?
I don’t believe so? We do know she’s a college student though.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nagoda wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:28 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:26 pm Is there any source that says how old Mei Kamino is?
So, anywhere between 19-25? Somewhere in that general range?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:32 pm
Why would you even want to know that :|

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:27 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:32 pm

Why would you even want to know that :|
Because sometimes, when you want to create a compelling backstory for an existing character who doesn't exactly have one in their original source material, finding out their age can be a key component in creating a timeline when certain events took place.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If I write a match where the Attack/Armored Titan eat Kubal and gain the Colossal Titan's traits, how big should they be? I would assume gaining the powers of.. well, the Colossal Titan would give them a size boost too, but can they be written as 150 meter giants, or would it make more sense to be a bit smaller than that?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:04 am If I write a match where the Attack/Armored Titan eat Kubal and gain the Colossal Titan's traits, how big should they be? I would assume gaining the powers of.. well, the Colossal Titan would give them a size boost too, but can they be written as 150 meter giants, or would it make more sense to be a bit smaller than that?
Anywhere from the minimum of the Attack/Armored to the maximum of the Colossal. Or given that they absorbed the colossal, maybe just use the height range of the Colossal. It’s not adding their heights together, it’s just they gain the extreme height of the colossal.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Let's say a Ts-eh-GO Trilopod exists.

Would it be okay if, in the match that features such a beast, the Cryogs bred their own Second Wave to respond to their Trilopod? Therefore, the Ts-eh-GO Trilopod could more or less summon its own Second Wave?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:02 pm Let's say a Ts-eh-GO Trilopod exists.

Would it be okay if, in the match that features such a beast, the Cryogs bred their own Second Wave to respond to their Trilopod? Therefore, the Ts-eh-GO Trilopod could more or less summon its own Second Wave?
I think that'd be fine, since it's an attribute of Ts-eh-GO that it can be aided by the Second Wave.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:09 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:02 pm Let's say a Ts-eh-GO Trilopod exists.

I think that'd be fine, since it's an attribute of Ts-eh-GO that it can be aided by the Second Wave.
Awesome!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

So, are Bagan's Wings of Light able to be destroyed. Or is that a no since their essentially just pure energy?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:10 am So, are Bagan's Wings of Light able to be destroyed. Or is that a no since their essentially just pure energy?
Hard to say since there's nothing to say if they are a hard construct or not.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:43 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:10 am So, are Bagan's Wings of Light able to be destroyed. Or is that a no since their essentially just pure energy?
Hard to say since there's nothing to say if they are a hard construct or not.
I just figured with the way their described in Match 190 (to my knowledge, the only match that uses them) that they were simply constructs of energy, but I guess it might be able to go both ways.

Added in 9 minutes 1 second:

Added in 2 minutes 34 seconds:
Also, what are the rules for including songs in matches? I know in the past we've had stuff like N.I.G.E.L. briefly spout a tune every once in a while, and I think there was another match where a song was broadcast via telepathy, but that might be me misremembering things.
Last edited by Dunkeeni on Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I always saw the WoL being akin to Eva's AT Field; despite being energy, they have a tangible element to them. Sure, they wouldn't burn away from Hedorah's corrosion or what have you, but if you have the resistance needed, it'd be possible to tear the wings off--just depends on the monster in question. The WoL are still concentrated matter that take on a specific shape for a specific function. But since they have the quirk of being energy-made, they have the benefit of not being as vulnerable as regular wings.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Are we allowed to make Godzilla Ultima grow, to a reasonable size, like maybe 120 meters, but nothing too extreme.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:56 am Are we allowed to make Godzilla Ultima grow, to a reasonable size, like maybe 120 meters, but nothing too extreme.
That’s fine. You don’t have to use the exact minimum or maximum listed heights when they are variable in size changing capabilities.
_______